SuperSAINT

Matt Crocker Returns Thread

Set to start Feb 1st according to David Ornstein.

Going to be interesting to see how he gets on. Massive job on his hands.

Has been working unofficially at the club for a while.

Hope that's the same for our new recruitment expert.

Can he play right back?

Saw him there once - was a crocker sh1t.

Set to start Feb 1st according to David Ornstein.

Going to be interesting to see how he gets on. Massive job on his hands.

Exactly as expected when his appointment was announced.

Wonder if we’ll get a statement from him- vision etc, or if he’ll start quietly.

Probably be announced just after the Five Pledges.

Wonder if we’ll get a statement from him- vision etc, or if he’ll start quietly.

I hope we get a feature interview. It’s why I started this thread.

Isn't :lol:

Struggling a bit today aren't you, slow down and stop trying not be so "clever"

Get back under the bridge you weirdo.

I was under the impression we had somebody lined up judging from Semmens’ comments at the recent forum at St Mary’s.

I’m of the same understanding and still am - we have someone lined up but they are otherwise engaged until the end of the season.

I was under the impression we had somebody lined up judging from Semmens’ comments at the recent forum at St Mary’s.

Didnt we have Paul Mitchell lined up last year, plus a few other names linked. We ended up giving Ross Wilson carte Blanche.

They article uses 'may', 'could' and 'consider', thus a long way from anything concrete.

Okay Matthew this telegraph article is one which is just inaccurate journalists making things up and didn’t come from the club. As opposed to this weeks telegraph article which is absolute truth.

Didnt we have Paul Mitchell lined up last year, plus a few other names linked. We ended up giving Ross Wilson carte Blanche.

Wilson would probably have paid Monaco £18m for Carte Blanche. Horrendous track record of signings.

Wilson would probably have paid Monaco £18m for Carte Blanche. Horrendous track record of signings.

I’m truly Amazed he left here with a reputation as a transfer guru. Awful record

Okay Matthew this telegraph article is one which is just inaccurate journalists making things up and didn’t come from the club. As opposed to this weeks telegraph article which is absolute truth.

1) I didn't say it wasn't accurate

2) I didn't say the journalist made it up

3) I didn't say it didn't come from the club

All I said was the article did not say it was definitely going to happen, just that it was a possibility. Plus in any case, Mitchell is at one of the best teams in Germany it would be difficult to tempt him back unless moving back to the UK was a large factor in his thinking.

I’m truly Amazed he left here with a reputation as a transfer guru. Awful record

They weren't all bad, he had a good number of successes. I think you can make a good case that all of the following have been good signings...

Cedric

Romeu

van Dijk

Redmond

Hojbjerg

McCarthy

Bednarek

Armstrong

Djenepo

Ings

(of course you can debate how much influence Wilson had in those deals, but we don't know)

Lets give him at least a little credit for the ones that worked out! ;)

1) I didn't say it wasn't accurate

2) I didn't say the journalist made it up

3) I didn't say it didn't come from the club

All I said was the article did not say it was definitely going to happen, just that it was a possibility. Plus in any case, Mitchell is at one of the best teams in Germany it would be difficult to tempt him back unless moving back to the UK was a large factor in his thinking.

I didn’t say it we’d definitely going to happen either. You asked where the claim came from so I showed you. :mcinnes:

Ross Wilson wasn’t behind Van Dijk (or Romeu) - although it’s part of his ludicrous self promotion that clearly a lot of bright people have fallen for, he’d barely arrived. Don’t forget he was also in charge of our now awful youth set up. And there are a fair few articles pointing out he made the Carrillo decision against his scouts advice. Overall an utter Charlatan who ****ed the best part of £200m up the wall and has set this club back a long way (and we are still literally paying for a load of his mistakes). I’ll give him Ings though - fair play on that gamble.

Ross Wilson wasn’t behind Van Dijk (or Romeu) - although it’s part of his ludicrous self promotion that clearly a lot of bright people have fallen for, he’d barely arrived. Don’t forget he was also in charge of our now awful youth set up. And there are a fair few articles pointing out he made the Carrillo decision against his scouts advice. Overall an utter Charlatan who ****ed the best part of £200m up the wall and has set this club back a long way (and we are still literally paying for a load of his mistakes). I’ll give him Ings though - fair play on that gamble.

I said it at the time and i ll say it again.

Ross Wilson is a huge reason as to why our recruitment went wrong over the last couple of years.

The way the media bigged him up when he moved to rangers was comical.

Was Ings a gamble? He’s always been a decent enough striker, the issue was his fitness.

As for the others you’re right about van dirk, add Cedric and Romeu to that list of ones that joined within weeks of him being here.redmond was a well known young player, hardly a discovery, Mccarthy was signed as a back up keeper, it’s only due to the fall from grace/exposure of FF that he’s now number one. So that leaves us with Hojbjerg, Armstrong, Bednarek and Djenepo.

He’s an absolute fraud, story goes he was basically running the show by himself and making all the decisions towards the end, he didn’t like the fact he was going to be reined in so decided to jump at the chance of a move, not before he’d spunked a shed load of cash of crap.

I said it at the time and i ll say it again.

Ross Wilson is a huge reason as to why our recruitment went wrong over the last couple of years.

The way the media bigged him up when he moved to rangers was comical.

Transfer guru, makes me laugh even now. He’ll probably do alright at rangers as the bar is much lower to succeed, you could be a competent championship player and do well in a good team in that league, so he’ll leave there with an enhanced CV.