Premier League 2020/21 starting September 12th

igsey

21 minutes ago, Didcot Saint said:

I wonder if we will ever get to see any of it inside SMS. I renewed my season ticket in the hope that we might be. UTS

I think we will, not straight away, sometime in October maybe and I wouldn’t be surprised especially given the feared autumn/winter second wave, if we had to wear face masks.

That’ll upset LeTiss 😆

Just shows what the PL think about the fans. Why not wait til 1st Oct and if the fans allowed back in then we see proper football back again. 
The clubs will now have to offer more refunds on the back of this decision, doesn’t make sense. 

Normally I’m an advocate of tough fixtures early in the season, so that when we find our groove, we have some easier fixtures to follow. But I’d hope with the tight turnaround that we already have our groove and good form, with a first team almost identical to now, so I’d like some easier teams to start with to get some morale boosting points on the board. Palace away then WBA at home or something like that would be a decent start.

On 24/07/2020 at 20:51, bpsaint said:

Intrigued to see if the players will have a holiday...

With the announcement of 2wk quarantines for certain holiday destinations already I can't see clubs allowing players to leave the country.  There's 7 weeks until the start of the new season, if a player has a 2wk holiday next week and a 2wk quarantine then they are only back in training for a couple of weeks.

9 hours ago, Guy said:

With the announcement of 2wk quarantines for certain holiday destinations already I can't see clubs allowing players to leave the country.  There's 7 weeks until the start of the new season, if a player has a 2wk holiday next week and a 2wk quarantine then they are only back in training for a couple of weeks.

True - but then we’re talking about a group of people that can afford to fly privately to the Caribbean or somewhere equally exotic where there are no quarantine rules...

There has been loads and loads of talk about when fans will be back in, how many will be back in etc. 

I haven't seen anything about what will be happening with the TV games next season. Will we go back to certain games only or will all games be on TV again? I'll hate having to find dodgy streams once more after being able to watch every game, and when you can potentially only have a couple thousand people legally allowed to watch a Premier League game live, it would be kind of absurd. 

In before Sky release another channel that you have to pay another separate subscription for to access every single game on the red button...

In an ideal world we would be able to buy a 'Saints Pass' and get to see all 38 Saints games on tv (or an online stream).

I suspect they'll play silly buggers with the timings again so lots of random kick off times. (I quite liked the 6pm KOs as you could watch the game straight from work and still have the rest of the evening free)

7 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

There has been loads and loads of talk about when fans will be back in, how many will be back in etc. 

I haven't seen anything about what will be happening with the TV games next season. Will we go back to certain games only or will all games be on TV again? I'll hate having to find dodgy streams once more after being able to watch every game, and when you can potentially only have a couple thousand people legally allowed to watch a Premier League game live, it would be kind of absurd. 

In before Sky release another channel that you have to pay another separate subscription for to access every single game on the red button...

Nope. 😔

https://theathletic.co.uk/1922323/2020/07/13/ornstein-manchester-city-premier-league-chelsea-onana/

Massively missed opportunity.

On 24/07/2020 at 16:57, trousers said:

Call me mad, but I'm predicting a top half finish next season 

If we had beaten a poor Arsenal side at home in June, rather than being on the end of a 0-2 defeat, we’d be ending this season 8th and Arsenal 11th..

14 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Time for me to invest in a VPN then, can I just set myself to Australia or something and view every game anyway on one of their streaming services? 

When we move back to the UK in 18 or so months it will be one thing I will miss, every game live!

10 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Thats Tuesday isnt it. So either this coming Thursday (6th) or next week (13th) as its usually a Thursday they release them.

I don’t know if they’re also waiting to see who progresses and doesn’t in the later parts of Europa League and Champions League as I think these teams won’t start their games until after Sept 12th

Just now, SaintBobby said:

I don’t know if they’re also waiting to see who progresses and doesn’t in the later parts of Europa League and Champions League as I think these teams won’t start their games until after Sept 12th

could be. The easiest way around that would be to have those concerned scheduled to play each other in the first week etc so it wouldn't matter if they had to reschedule later in the season just that/those game(s)

Saints are actively considering how they will select and manage the reduced numbers of fans once we are allowed back.

They have convened a focus group of fans and I'm lucky enough to have been invited. I'd like to be able to represent sensible views from Saintsweb so please feel free to make suggestions either on here or preferably by PM.

It could be some time before we see full stadiums again (and no away fans next season at least), will fans be gagging to get back in the future or will many just get out of the habit of going week in, week out? Most clubs may need to come up with very attractive deals on ticket prices to entice fans back.

33 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

It could be some time before we see full stadiums again (and no away fans next season at least), will fans be gagging to get back in the future or will many just get out of the habit of going week in, week out? Most clubs may need to come up with very attractive deals on ticket prices to entice fans back.

Personally I think there is no prospect of tickets being sold for a long time. It'll be a question of a fair selection from ST holders.

50 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

Personally I think there is no prospect of tickets being sold for a long time. It'll be a question of a fair selection from ST holders.

True unfortunately - we’ve just witnessed some of our best performances in recent years, signs that home form improving and hopes high for coming season. And now very few will get to see it!

18 hours ago, Shroppie said:

Saints are actively considering how they will select and manage the reduced numbers of fans once we are allowed back.

They have convened a focus group of fans and I'm lucky enough to have been invited. I'd like to be able to represent sensible views from Saintsweb so please feel free to make suggestions either on here or preferably by PM.

I presume it will only be home fans allowed in stadiums if it's season ticket holders only? I suppose clubs could offer ST holders the chance to buy tickets for away games but not sure if there's much point if you can only have a fraction of a stand.

23 hours ago, igsey said:

I presume it will only be home fans allowed in stadiums if it's season ticket holders only? I suppose clubs could offer ST holders the chance to buy tickets for away games but not sure if there's much point if you can only have a fraction of a stand.

I think away support won't come back for quite a while.

On 24/07/2020 at 22:24, northam soul said:

I heard today that the maximum amount of fans that will be allowed in grounds could be 17% of capacity.

That tallies with several predictions on here of 16%. Probably these same suggestions looping around.

The Club could take a cynical approach of allowing only the people under 40 to attend and cram them all in together irrespective of SD. If it's OK to do it on Bournemouth beach why not here. 🤐

I met someone from the club last week who said that they are hopeful of up to 25% capacity from September 12th, although they are obviously at the mercy of government regulations.

Also suggested a limited capacity friendly (presumably in September 5th) is likely.

They suggested tickets will probably be allocated by a mix of ballot and price (eg hospitality ST holders likely to be given preference).

On 06/08/2020 at 18:57, Shroppie said:

We have always been in agreement on this. Common sense suggest that the obstacles to keeping a crowd of even as small as 5000 safe inside and outside the stadium are insurmountable. Common sense also says that no way will the Club be allowed to admit 5000 people to the stadium untested. Who will do the testing and what form will it take?  

As for all those people returning to their homes, the risk of a huge knock-on infection of whole families does not bear thinking about. 

8 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

We have always been in agreement on this. Common sense suggest that the obstacles to keeping a crowd of even as small as 5000 safe inside and outside the stadium are insurmountable. Common sense also says that no way will the Club be allowed to admit 5000 people to the stadium untested. Who will do the testing and what form will it take?  

As for all those people returning to their homes, the risk of a huge knock-on infection of whole families does not bear thinking about. 

The club seem to think they can get 7k to 8k in. I can imagine the protocols being like an airport though - different arrival, departure and check in times or whatever.

6 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

The club seem to think they can get 7k to 8k in. I can imagine the protocols being like an airport though - different arrival, departure and check in times or whatever.

The problem is not so much seating arrangements inside the bowl because they can block out seats not to be used. It's getting people in and out of the ground, around the concourses, the aisles and the toilets.

2 minutes ago, krissyboy31 said:

The problem is not so much seating arrangements inside the bowl because they can block out seats not to be used. It's getting people in and out of the ground, around the concourses, the aisles and the toilets.

Absolutely. The logistics are pretty hellish. I can imagine tickets having entry windows and needing to be there an hour or more before kick off. 

Edited by SaintBobby

42 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

I don't think that's insurmountable. Testing is out of the question, but maintaining social distancing between individuals or bubble groups is possible. Difficult, yes, but possible.

I can foresee managed, staggered entry and exit. Use of toilets will need to be managed too, and I'm not sure if catering will operate. If it does, it'll be socially distanced queues just like anywhere else.

Will be interesting to hear the plans.