Saints 'B' Team

SuperSAINT

33 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Ballard and Olaigbe with more goals for the B team tonight in a 2-1 win against leaders Fulham. Both have been in very good form and Ballards only 16 I think. Olaigbe has been with the first team training too

Correct.

Tremendous win.  Only Fulham's 2nd loss.

19 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Based on goalscoring alone Olaigbe getting to the point where he needs to be given first team chance to capitalise on his momentum.

Or be allowed out on loan if there isn't scope for that here at the moment.

Yeah, one of the few who is legit too good for the B team.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Glebe FC, according to Tom Leach.

Yes, it literally says that in the article I found on him. For reasons unknown, my brain read McMillan (the name of his manager) as Millwall, and I made the fatal error of trusting it - in spite of a historical pattern of letting me down at every turn.

Tottenham interested too. In Lawrence, not my brain.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mcbendy said:

Slightly off topic perhaps, bit I thought this was interesting

Screenshot_2022-02-10-23-37-56.png

Definitely not off topic for me. Good info and let’s hope they keep up the progress, plenty make this level but then not the jump to top level professional careers so the next transition to our first team is the big one. Fingers crossed that they don’t get injured and can maintain the progression so far 

On 11/02/2022 at 07:57, Daft Kerplunk said:

Definitely not off topic for me. Good info and let’s hope they keep up the progress, plenty make this level but then not the jump to top level professional careers so the next transition to our first team is the big one. Fingers crossed that they don’t get injured and can maintain the progression so far 

There's a rare chance to watch the u17s this week , Wednesday lunchtime , shame its not half term this week would have had a few youngsters watching 

19 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Interesting - I wonder if the new owners  had any say/guidance in the matter.

The plan was in place prior to the purchase as this role was being recruited before. Surprising, although also not surprising that a cricket coach is now heading up a key football department. Seems the academy powers still have something against people with a football background 🤔

13 hours ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

The plan was in place prior to the purchase as this role was being recruited before. Surprising, although also not surprising that a cricket coach is now heading up a key football department. Seems the academy powers still have something against people with a football background 🤔

Brunnschweiler was a youth (football) player with Saints before he turned to cricket, and has been with Saints since 2017, he is not a new recruit, just into a new role. 

8 hours ago, VectisSaint said:

Brunnschweiler was a youth (football) player with Saints before he turned to cricket, and has been with Saints since 2017, he is not a new recruit, just into a new role. 

I know he isn’t a new recruit, but I also know that there are people at the academy have zero respect for him being promoted to this role. He might be a lovely bloke but we aren’t attracting the best talent to run the show. 

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

They lost 2-3 

literally the exact same thing happened up there in the 1st game.  We go 2-0 up and lost 3-2

Weird team though. Back 3 with Small supporting the striker.  No Doyle or Ballard. 

1-0 up at half time which is deserved.

Impressed with Olaigbe, Chauke and Payne at RB. Having Smallbone in midfield is really helping control the game. Small has done some great stuff going forward mixed in with a few loose passes.

Can't see it for Diamond Edwards, he's so sloppy in possession.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 'B' Team