Saints 'B' Team

SuperSAINT

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I went to the game and really enjoyed it. It was only when the two sets of players were walking off the field together that I realised the physical size difference between the two teams. Quite literally men against boys.

Who impressed you the most tonight mate? 

11 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Who impressed you the most tonight mate? 

Dibling by a long way. Oozed class when he came on. You can see he didn't have the experience to properly impact the game but the football brain and technical skill were there to see. Other than that, Ballard and Payne were very good as you'd expect having played for the first team. Also, not sure of the name of Olli Lancashire's CB partner but I thought he looked extremely assured

Edited by Bad Wolf
  • Like 1

Watching Dibling tonight and in the highlights from the U18 his close control is insane. Very similar to Jack Grealish, he will win a lot of penalties and free kicks. He’s also one of our physical most developed young players too, especially against the other high potential forwards such as Ballard and Morgan. I think that will get him closer to the first team quicker but, having left briefly in the summer, he does have some catching up to do. 

50 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Dibling by a long way. Oozed class when he came on. You can see he didn't have the experience to properly impact the game but the football brain and technical skill were there to see. Other than that, Ballard and Payne were very good as you'd expect having played for the first team. Also, not sure of the name of Olli Lancashire's CB partner but I thought he looked extremely assured

And all those years ago you probably expected/hoped to never see Lancashire in a Saints shirt again!

3 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

And all those years ago you probably expected/hoped to never see Lancashire in a Saints shirt again!

I was only thinking last night, I did not expect to be watching Oliver Lancashire play for Saints at Exeter on a Tuesday night in the JPT in 2022!

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Skates will likely play a strong team.  

57 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

No, it's listed as Portsmouth v Southampton B. They will use first team players.

I'm not sure they will. Defeat against us would be bad enough for them, but even worse if they put out a strong team. I think they'll play kids and fringe players. 

My son has gone todays match v Aston Villa. Currently 2 0 (Doyle and Pearce) up but down to 10 men for last man foul. Ballard is on the bench and the new youngster from Spurs Sam Amo-Ameyaw “looks very very good”.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, M271 said:

My son has gone todays match v Aston Villa. Currently 2 0 (Doyle and Pearce) up but down to 10 men for last man foul. Ballard is on the bench and the new youngster from Spurs Sam Amo-Ameyaw “looks very very good”.

Great to see Kami Doyle back and scoring :) Thierry Small back too :) Sam Amo-Ameyaw is a huge talent.

Edited by davefizzy14
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, M271 said:

Went to the game, was a comfortable win despite being down to 10 men for an hour (looked a very harsh decision to send off Lawrence) 

Sam Amo-Ameyaw lots of tricks but needs to learn when to release the ball. 

Thierry Small back at left back I thought looked out of sorts,  no pace to take on a man when attacking might need to change position for a big lad. 

Doyle and Pearce up front look a good partnership 

5 hours ago, JRM said:

Went to the game, was a comfortable win despite being down to 10 men for an hour (looked a very harsh decision to send off Lawrence) 

Sam Amo-Ameyaw lots of tricks but needs to learn when to release the ball. 

Thierry Small back at left back I thought looked out of sorts,  no pace to take on a man when attacking might need to change position for a big lad. 

Doyle and Pearce up front look a good partnership 

Thierry Small is back, what did I miss?

If he struggles to get game time at Port Vale then he has a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some line up that. Probably still get battered.

With fairness we should be giving the bench players more game time in the B team, as football used to be back in the reserve team days when it was a good chance to see a mixture of first teamers returning from injury, bench players and youth team.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, trousers said:

Cor blimey guvnor...

Screenshot_20221030-111428-357.png

Good to see we’re testing out next seasons starting 11 for the championship…

Very strong squad that, got to feel for some of the B team who work so hard to play each week and will have to sit this one out or drop back to u18s.

Will be interested to see how Edozie and Mara do across 90 minutes and bloody glad to see Lavia back

I'm entering conspiracy territory here but I wonder if this B Team line up is a result of the owners/board pulling rank on Hassenuttl and getting some game time for the some of the 'rising stars' ahead of Ralph being shown the door? 

(More likely to be just a case of giving the fringe players some much needed match time but one is prone to ponder these things...) :)

27 minutes ago, trousers said:

I'm entering conspiracy territory here but I wonder if this B Team line up is a result of the owners/board pulling rank on Hassenuttl and getting some game time for the some of the 'rising stars' ahead of Ralph being shown the door? 

(More likely to be just a case of giving the fringe players some much needed match time but one is prone to ponder these things...) :)

Truth is more likely to be a combination of some of the better youngsters had to go down to the U18's to ensure they started picking up some results and with a League Cup tie next week, the staff have seen an opportunity to get some minutes into fringe players who might get a run out.

AMN and Diallo to get 45 minutes each I suspect.

Edited by Fabrice29