Saints 'B' Team

SuperSAINT

7 minutes ago, vin said:

16 year old Tyler Dibling has just scored a first half hattrick against Newcastle U23s. He’s been involved with England u16s this season as well I think.

Has he got any homework to do this coming weekend....? #SaintsVPalace #inatthedeepend #nothingtolose

Screenshot_20220425-195713-767.png

• Like 1

Heard a story about Dibling a few months ago.

Saints turned up at a tournament and soon as they got off the coach a Man Utd rep came over and asked if Dibling was with them because they wanted to see how their apparently amazing full back "who hadn't been beaten all season" would fare against him.

By the end of the first half Dibling had skinned this kid repeatedly and scored a hat trick.

From what I hear he has everything. Other clubs have constantly been after him, talking to his parents at games etc but his family are really decent, grounded people and know that Saints is the best place for him to learn and be given opportunities, hence the contract in the article above.

• Like 11

The names everyone needs to be keeping an eye on are Doyle, Dibling, Ballard, Morgan and Pearce. There's plenty more but these are the 5 who are really pushing on.

Another one, but I believe from the year below them, is Will Merry. I know an academy player and he described his dribbling as the best he's ever seen and like "Tyler Dibling on steroids"

It truly seems like we have another golden crop coming through and this will be a very exciting time. For now we just need to enjoy watching their progress. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Really hope to see this kid and Ballard (amongst anyone else deserving I may not have heard of) in and around the squad for the last few games.

Indeed.

By the way, am I imagining it or has this been the first season in a while where we haven't seen the semi-regular appearance of a 'new face' from the academy/U18/U23 teams on the 1st team bench? Can't remember the last time we had a prospect on the bench (cue someone probably reminding me that it was only a few weeks ago or suchlike!)

Edited by trousers

25 minutes ago, trousers said:

Indeed.

By the way, am I imagining it or has this been the first season in a while where we haven't seen the semi-regular appearance of a 'new face' from the academy/U18/U23 teams on the 1st team bench? Can't remember the last time we had a prospect on the bench (cue someone probably reminding me that it was only a few weeks ago or suchlike!)

Think it's only Small who has been given that opportunity.

The fact the 18's are going for the league has meant they are putting strong teams out. This may have had an impact on any bench appearances for those players. Maybe we'll see the odd one get in the match day squad when their season has finished.

30 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

The last one is the best one, strength and balance to hold off the defender and the strike is the sweetest. 

We need a goalscoring no.10.......

He took it early as well, brilliant goal.

He looks a unit already too.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, egg said:

Saints B: Bycroft; Payne, Tizzard (Pambou, 80), Lancashire, Lawrence (Rodriguez, 83), Vokins, Doyle, Edwards (Bellis, 70), Morgan (Otseh-Taiwo, 70), Ferry, Pearce.

No sign of Kayne Ramsay again? Has he gone out on loan? 

1 hour ago, disconnect said:

No sign of Kayne Ramsay again? Has he gone out on loan? 

1 hour ago, egg said:

They'd have posted if it was a loan. He must be injured...or with the first team!

Some Barnsley fans on their forum seem to think he is heading to them. So perhaps he is training with them ahead of a loan move like Chauke did at Exeter. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Diamond Edwards looks quick. Centre of everything in attack. Would be interested to see him in a cup game or maybe brought off the bench in a league fixture if we need a spark.

28 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Diamond Edwards looks quick. Centre of everything in attack. Would be interested to see him in a cup game or maybe brought off the bench in a league fixture if we need a spark.

Needs to sign a new contract.

But he certainly looks a more rounded player than, say, Tella - good technique on him.

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 'B' Team

Whilst many fans are lamenting Tyler Dibling's move to Chelsea... perhaps some may have overlooked

the fact that  Dom Ballard scored 22 goals last season  ( 17 times for U18, and 5 for B team.)

Both lads had similar number of apps. for both sides, but apart from his fantastic hat-trick game @ Newcastle,

Dibling didn't make it to double figures during the whole season.      Hopefully ........we may have kept the right player. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, david in sweden said:

Whilst many fans are lamenting Tyler Dibling's move to Chelsea... perhaps some may have overlooked

the fact that  Dom Ballard scored 22 goals last season  ( 17 times for U18, and 5 for B team.)

Both lads had similar number of apps. for both sides, but apart from his fantastic hat-trick game @ Newcastle,

Dibling didn't make it to double figures during the whole season.      Hopefully ........we may have kept the right player. 

He got 2 against Watfords u23 yesterday, Morgan got one and Edwards another! Agreed, even with Dibling gone, we’ve got Ballard, Edwards, Pearce, Payne and Morgan all coming through who seem to be strong!

I’m sure I also saw concern that Doyle might be leaving with Dibling but he played 90 for us yesterday 

1 minute ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

He got 2 against Watfords u23 yesterday, Morgan got one and Edwards another! Agreed, even with Dibling gone, we’ve got Ballard, Edwards, Pearce, Payne and Morgan all coming through who seem to be strong!

I’m sure I also saw concern that Doyle might be leaving with Dibling but he played 90 for us yesterday 

I heard somewhere that Doyle can sign a pro deal from tomorrow, but is free to walk anytime before he does. Let's hope he signs. 

4 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Guess that answers the questions as to whether Ramsay/Vokins/Ferry would play any role in covering our shortage at full back.

I’d think all 3 will be elsewhere by the time the window SLAMS SHUT.

2 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

So talent wise who looks like they are going to be the next big thing? 

Diamond Edwards

Doyle

Ballard

Anyone else?

Lewis Payne apparently has something about him too. 

• Like 1