Saints 'B' Team

SuperSAINT

2 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

To think SR are going to let Jones hoof ball ruin all the hard work that has gone into reviving our academy and b team fortune's. Ripped up the playbook. I would not want these talented lads being subjected to Jones awful tactics. It will ruin their careers. 

I'd imagine he'll be long done before this crop break through properly. A lot of them are still between 16 and 18.

Makes sense to largely keep them together as a group and keep winning with the odd appearance in the first team matchday squad for experience.

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

Our form is pretty incredible. The Birmingham game was a last minute equaliser for them too.

Screenshot_2023-01-06-22-03-55-47_3e1730e409eaf7d1d25ede7155cc8a16.jpg

Great to see this. However: Our identity playbook....

Is that still a thing under the Nate Revolution?

31 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

To think SR are going to let Jones hoof ball ruin all the hard work that has gone into reviving our academy and b team fortune's. Ripped up the playbook. I would not want these talented lads being subjected to Jones awful tactics. It will ruin their careers. 

This is what I don't understand. We have seen no signs that Jones is a student of the game and he seems more of a throwback to past eras. It makes absolutely no sense and Ankersen needs to explain his reasoning because most fans are baffled and bewildered. 

If Morgan and Ballard find themselves behind Arma and Theo next season they should feel completely robbed, hopefully we have a new boss who sorts the mess out. I think Doyle is the most ready for PL personally and is really talented, just not a striker like the others. Hope Pearce gets a loan, he's starting most games on the bench given the form of the lads slightly younger than him, but is still really talented.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, kristian said:

If Morgan and Ballard find themselves behind Arma and Theo next season they should feel completely robbed, hopefully we have a new boss who sorts the mess out. I think Doyle is the most ready for PL personally and is really talented, just not a striker like the others. Hope Pearce gets a loan, he's starting most games on the bench given the form of the lads slightly younger than him, but is still really talented.

They are flying and it’s great to see, clearly confidence is high. If we get relegated they should be the priority. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fabrice29 said:

Interesting comments from one of the coaches after that game suggesting the group will be broken up over the next month or so due to loans, sales and first team promotion. Wonder if Ballard and Payne might get a loan. 

Payne and Pearce would be my votes to get a loan move. Both are a little older in the group so might be the right time for them. Payne would get more opportunities to learn his game defensively (looks to me he spends half the time as a right winger when we're dominating games), and Pearce needs game time now Ballard and Morgan are playing so often.

It is hard to see how many of this squad will actually make it to the top level, but it is so good to have a crop of players to be excited about

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Can someone confirm the team? I can’t see it on the website 😣

Thanks in advance!!

Wright 
Payne . Lancashire . Pambou . Meghoma
Doyle . Turner . Bragg . Amo-Ameyaw
Pearce . Ballard 

Subs: Hall, Armitage, Andrews, Dibling.

No JJ Morgan in the squad...Dibling on the bench...possibly involved tomorrow?

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Wright 
Pearce . Ballard 

I'd be surprised to be honest, Dibling would have been training with first team if so , Morgan probably dropped if not signing contract 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Wright 
Pearce . Ballard 

Morgan (and Finnegan) started in the B-Team game vs Derby on the 6th Jan (both played 63 mins) and yet were on the first team bench for the FA Cup game vs Crystal Palace the next day. So, on that precident, Jones could even select one or more of today's starters tomorrow I guess.

8 minutes ago, JRM said:

I'd be surprised to be honest, Dibling would have been training with first team if so , Morgan probably dropped if not signing contract 

As above, Jones selected Morgan and Finnegan for the FA Cup game versus Palace in the last round depite them having played 63 minutes for the B-Team 24 hours earlier....

Edited by trousers

38 minutes ago, trousers said:

As above, Jones selected Morgan and Finnegan for the FA Cup game versus Palace in the last round depite them having played 63 minutes for the B-Team 24 hours earlier....

Bit of a trek coming back from Middlesbrough today and then playing tomorrow.

Dibling got 20 minutes off the bench.

Edited by The Cat

18 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Wright 
Pearce . Ballard 

Pretty sure Morgan won't be in the first team squad today.

Pretty sure none of them will - the pathway is blocked for our youngsters these days.  No wonder some are looking to leave.

We'll buy a load of dross and play them ahead of our own youngsters.  Ballard scores for fun at all levels and yet cannot even get on the bench for the 1st team.

I hope in the Championship our youngsters actually get a chance to play.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, washsaint said:

Ballard scores for fun at all levels and yet cannot even get on the bench for the 1st team.

I hope in the Championship our

You literally posted this at the same minute he was named on our bench. Could you not have waited 60 seconds? 😂

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Toadhall Saint said:

What was the team?

16 hours ago, JRM said:

Very young side 

I could be over thinking this, but didn't Nathan Jones just spend a whole week explaining and justifying why he puts senior players who aren't going to be involved in the first team squad in the B side so that they don't "sit in a hotel all weekend", only for no such players to appear in the B side this week? Semmens also defended the policy at the fans forum saying we should expect to see it more often. 

Hashtag confused. 

17 minutes ago, trousers said:

I could be over thinking this, but didn't Nathan Jones just spend a whole week explaining and justifying why he puts senior players who aren't going to be involved in the first team squad in the B side so that they don't "sit in a hotel all weekend", only for no such players to appear in the B side this week? Semmens also defended the policy at the fans forum saying we should expect to see it more often. 

Hashtag confused. 

so he's wrong if he does and he's wrong if he doesn't

I'm also hashtag confused

1 hour ago, Highfield Saint said:

so he's wrong if he does and he's wrong if he doesn't

I'm also hashtag confused

Maybe I'm old too old fashioned but if someone explains why they do something then do the opposite, that's enough cause for confusion (I'm not judging which approach is 'right' or 'wrong', just observing the inconsistency in words vs actions)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Saint_clark said:

I thought Ankersen insinuated that our under 21 group was crap at the moment?

He rightly said we lack quality in players from 18-21 I think (the age group that are all out on loan atm), most playing in our u21s are 16/17 year olds who won the league last season with the u18s.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, tunit said:

Its ben moved to Staplewood unfortunately. Was looking forward to going to that. 

Thanks hadn't realised that, saved me a wasted trip on Friday night! 

When we played Leeds away earlier in the year they gave a run out to quite a few first team players and thrashed us, don't think we can do the same with a first team game the next day