Saints v Man City Build-Up - Match Thread

trousers

Amazon really know how to ruin a game for Southampton, don't they. Not content with Andy f****** Townsend again, we 'ave to 'ave 'Arry f****** Redknapp in the studio.

Townsend on Wednesday appeared to have become an ex Arsenal player, referring to them as "we" several times (seriously, I checked on Wiki during the game to make sure I hadn't forgotten that he once played for the Arse). Embarrassed every time his commentator buddy mentioned that he used to play for Saints. I really detest him, doesn't matter that he used to play for us. Oh well, c'mon Saints.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Amazon really know how to ruin a game for Southampton, don't they. Not content with Andy f****** Townsend again, we 'ave to 'ave 'Arry f****** Redknapp in the studio.

Townsend on Wednesday appeared to have become an ex Arsenal player, referring to them as "we" several times (seriously, I checked on Wiki during the game to make sure I hadn't forgotten that he once played for the Arse). Embarrassed every time his commentator buddy mentioned that he used to play for Saints. I really detest him, doesn't matter that he used to play for us. Oh well, c'mon Saints.

You sure it was Townsend? I find he and Matt Holland sound the same. MH played for the Arse.

BBC online commentary:

"Ralph Hasenhuttl is known at 'The Austrian Jurgen Klopp'. You can see why, his players are on the front foot, full of energy and not giving the opposition a second to settle.

Moussa Djenepo gets a pass fed into the box but his shot is blocked by Kyle Walker.

This has been an excellent start by the Saints."

Edited by Waterside.saint
  • Like 1

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Djenepo massively out of position for that header away by Bednarek. Still not disciplined enough from him.

Exactly. Very bad header from Bednarek though. Djenepo very ill disciplined. We are very open. Diallo on?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints v Man City Build-Up - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned and locked this topic