Saints v Man City Build-Up - Match Thread

trousers

7 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

We’ve come a long way. Disappointed in a draw at the Emirates vs a bus parking Arse and now 1-0 to a world class team that have been time wasting since about 65 minutes. It’s frustrating to get 1 point from 6 but we’re much much better these days.

spot on. Best I have seen us play for a log time. We didn't just press a top side we dictated play for huge periods. Ok, so they may have scored a couple at the death when we pushed men on, but overall we looked incredibly secure and composed. Very pleased with that display. I never like losing, but it certainly takes the edge off the pain when the display is as good as that. Far better than midweek. Cant wait for the next game. Don't always feel like that. Haven't felt like that for a while.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

You just know that the handball by Sterling if done by a Saints player in our box then Dean would have had no hesitation pointing to the spot. I know it hit his leg but what’s his arm doing there? Preventing Bertrand getting the ball, that’s what.

Yeah I know, just plain bias that. Never mind, we played well. The lucky break in front of goal didn't fall for us today. We move on to the next one on Boxing Day :) Vestergaard my man of the match today - he was immense again today:)

Edited by davefizzy14

1 minute ago, Chez said:

spot on. Best I have seen us play for a log time. We didn't just press a top side we dictated play for huge periods. Ok, so they may have scored a couple at the death when we pushed men on, but overall we looked incredibly secure and composed. Very pleased with that display. I never like losing, but it certainly takes the edge off the pain when the display is as good as that. Far better than midweek. Cant wait for the next game. Don't always feel like that. Haven't felt like that for a while.

Fully agree. To have a side like City time wasting, running down the clock and corner-flagging might not have won us any points but it showed how much we are respected.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints v Man City Build-Up - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned and locked this topic