Saints v Man City Build-Up - Match Thread

trousers

Not sure there's anything out there for us today. City too sharp on the break, both midfielders on bookings and unable to make any more tactical fouls, Ings injured - the omens aren't good. They'll get in again.

We've been half decent, though. Can't complain about the performance - City just have more quality. Obviously.

51 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

You sure it was Townsend? I find he and Matt Holland sound the same. MH played for the Arse.

It was deffo Townsend, that's why they kept referring to the last time Saints beat Arse at Highbury, he was in the team that day, name checks to Jimmy Case. To be fair he has been better today, still loathe him, though probably not as much as I do 'Arry. 😁

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

Why is it that every time I see Sterling against other teams he misses so many sitters, against us he scores the difficult ones. So annoying.

It's nothing to do with me making him captain in my FF team... Honest guv ;)

Screenshot_20201219-155635.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, qwertyell said:

Not sure there's anything out there for us today. City too sharp on the break, both midfielders on bookings and unable to make any more tactical fouls, Ings injured - the omens aren't good. They'll get in again.

We've been half decent, though. Can't complain about the performance - City just have more quality. Obviously.

And if that’s the case so be it.

We have no right to expect a result in these types of games, just give it our all and hope for some luck.

Unlike July, we’ve not had the latter today (at least not yet) and I guess you then just hope you end the game with 11 men and not being on the end of a morale sapping hammering.

Merry Christmas 😃 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Yep. Last season was a fluke going injury free. Starting to think we should cash in after all. 

Massive concern then in that case - he’d be wise to get that long term deal signed if this is a shape of things to come!!

Guess we’ll await further news but another lay off could be enough to put off anyone coming in for him

We're playing really well and it's an entertaining game. We're unlucky to have that dinosaur Mike Dean refereeing us, he is usually detrimental to us, and he has liberally scattered the cards against us, while going easy on City. He ought to have yellow carded Cancello for his tackle on Walcott, who would have been able to press forward toward the box otherwise. As it is, we have both of our centre midfielders on a yellow. Pre-match, it was puke-making having us described as Redknapp's former club, but nobody ever mentions that he got us relegated. Congratulations for both of them not being able to prevent themselves from mentioning the 9-0 defeat. How long is that going to go on? A real shame to lose Ings, but an opportunity for Teller to show what he has. City are always dangerous on the break and with the quality that they have they can punish anybody. But carry on playing as we have since we went a goal down, and there is no reason why we shouldn't get something from this match.

1 minute ago, bpsaint said:

Massive concern then in that case - he’d be wise to get that long term deal signed if this is a shape of things to come!!

Guess we’ll await further news but another lay off could be enough to put off anyone coming in for him

Or it'll make him think, next injury could end my career, better move on to get the huge signing bonus and extra £30,000 a week...

3 minutes ago, trousers said:

Same, captained Sterling and vice captained De Bruyne so some consolation so far.

Really hoping Ings’ injury isn’t serious. It’s a bit like his loan season when he was getting knocks.

We’re not out of this but a second City goal and I think that will be that.

Just saw Shearer on DAZN. I saw that the Arse fans were upset at Walcott celebrating against them. I remember going to St James’ and Shearer scored against us and he made a point of running up to where we were in the upper deck to totally rub our faces in it. Game finished 4-0 with Dodd getting an early bath.

6 minutes ago, trousers said:

Not much says I’m a complete twat like celebrating an opposition player scoring against your team because they’re in your fantasy team

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

On today's showing, I have to say I much prefer Walcott on the right than Armstrong. He's having a great game so far.

His best since his return I'd say.

Djenopo on the other hand really does look like he's blowing what should be his last chance. Off the ball he just doesn't look like he understands where he's meant to be.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints v Man City Build-Up - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned and locked this topic