European League

whelk

On 27/04/2021 at 14:56, Matthew Le God said:

- Welsh football league formed 1904

- Merthyr formed 1909

- Swansea City formed 1912

- Newport County formed 1912

If you're going to go that far back, you should probably mention the league that started in 1891 instead.

In any case, it wasn't until 1992 that Wales had a FIFA affiliated league.

Front of Neville calling out the Glazers while stood in their own property.

If I was the Glazers I'd get security down there and throw the twat out.

They might be bad owners, but to stand there slagging them off while stood in their own fucking property, the neck on him.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

They might be bad owners, but to stand there slagging them off while stood in their own fucking property, the neck on him.

So going by that logic, the fans should only protest in their front rooms as that's their property?

He has a point, he puts it across politely and intelligently and there are no problems with him. These owners have no place in football and they're the ones who need to be thrown out, not those who are standing up against the charade.

Just now, S-Clarke said:

So going by that logic, the fans should only protest in their front rooms as that's their property?

He has a point, he puts it across politely and intelligently and there are no problems with him. These owners have no place in football and they're the ones who need to be thrown out, not those who are standing up against the charade.

Politely? Hahahaha

Time and a place.

It's like someone slagging you off to the watching world in your own backyard, you'd chuck him off your property.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Plum

26 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Politely? Hahahaha

Time and a place.

It's like someone slagging you off to the watching world in your own backyard, you'd chuck him off your property.

What a load of old pony. He’s an employee of Sky, you can’t have media pundits thrown out of stadium because they say something the owners of the stadium don’t like. 

5 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What a load of old pony. He’s an employee of Sky, you can’t have media pundits thrown out of stadium because they say something the owners of the stadium don’t like. 

Correct, if you behave like greedy bastards, you deserve to get some grief 

18 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Righto.

1 hour ago, JustinSFC said:

You just get dumber every day don't you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Ok it's Sunday I'm bored, I'll indulge you for a bit.

What's dumb about it?

Shoot your load...

If nothing else, I actually think it's kinda cute that you think the Glazers are watching. Or care.

4 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

If nothing else, I actually think it's kinda cute that you think the Glazers are watching. Or care.

You don't think the glazers are watching a break in at their ground on live TV?

Righto. Anyway I'm off.

Absolutely brilliant, hats off to the United fans, that's how to protest. 

Hopefully Liverpool will have to squeeze the game close to our game and disrupt them for that as well. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, whelk said:

That Sky host Dave is an absolute wanker. Carragher , Keane and Neville understand. Souness just pissed his pants at a flare

I think he's just trying to play the corporate  line, just so Sky don't get thrown under a bus by the authorities.

It's clear that there are morons and some idiots just go too far, but the context of the protest for the majority shouldn't be ignored and just painted as ''football yobs riot for no reason'.

• Like 1

Sky and Neville/Carragher with their inflammatory language the other week looks bad now. Do recall Carragher using the words "tear the stadium down" when talking about Liverpool.

You can guarantee that if it was our fans or any other team in the bottom half who got on like that today we would be heavily criticised by Sky and other media

• Like 2

Good for United fans.

Hope Utd get a hefty points deduction now though. We all know that most pundits were against points deductions for the European League debacle because "its unfair that fans that get punished". Well, they've caused this postponement...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jawillwill said:

Good for United fans.

Hope Utd get a hefty points deduction now though. We all know that most pundits were against points deductions for the European League debacle because "its unfair that fans that get punished". Well, they've caused this postponement...

Their own fans should be hoping that they do get a points deduction. Nothing will hurt the Glazers more than being denied Champions League money.

1 hour ago, woodsaint1 said:

Sky and Neville/Carragher with their inflammatory language the other week looks bad now. Do recall Carragher using the words "tear the stadium down" when talking about Liverpool.

You can guarantee that if it was our fans or any other team in the bottom half who got on like that today we would be heavily criticised by Sky and other media

Yep we’d be facing a massive fine and a points deduction for that carry on today ! 

I had a good chuckle at the news reporting, fans having possibly the most globally watched fixture cancelled and they seem more concerned that protests were not observing covid restrictions haha. The corporate sanitised world of Premier league football needs a bit of this, I think there could be more to come. 

Great to see massive numbers out in Milan to celebrate title win, and at Ajax, there were even 500 fans breaking in at Bolton Wanderers yesterday,  pleased to see people getting out and taking back some control. 

9 minutes ago, saintquin said:

Does anyone know the exact reason for the protest?

Protests don't really have 'exact reasons'. Individuals attending them can have varying reasons for being there.

Today some wanted the owners out, some wanted to protest the Super League shambles, some wanted the thrill of being in the stadium and some wanted the chaos and stealing corner flag and kicking a ball on the pitch.

Edited by Matthew Le God

10 minutes ago, JRM said:

I had a good chuckle at the news reporting, fans having possibly the most globally watched fixture cancelled and they seem more concerned that protests were not observing covid restrictions haha. The corporate sanitised world of Premier league football needs a bit of this, I think there could be more to come. 

Great to see massive numbers out in Milan to celebrate title win, and at Ajax, there were even 500 fans breaking in at Bolton Wanderers yesterday,  pleased to see people getting out and taking back some control. 

I hope there is. There won’t be at st Mary’s as our fans would probably grass up anyone who protested. United fans have always had a bit about them. Hopefully a few others clubs follow suit. But if you do don’t forget to wear a mask  and stay 2 metres apart.

2 hours ago, whelk said:

That Sky host Dave is an absolute wanker. Carragher , Keane and Neville understand. Souness just pissed his pants at a flare

Souness said something about a can of beer being lobbed that could have left a mark, obviously unlike the time he raked his studs down that players achilles when the ball was a mile away.

Great protest. Fair play to them. 

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Protests don't really have 'exact reasons'. Individuals attending them can have varying reasons for being there.

Today some wanted the owners out, some wanted to protest the Super League shambles, some wanted the thrill of being in the stadium and some wanted the chaos and stealing corner flag and kicking a ball on the pitch.

I was protesting that Martial only has 13 for pace.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The glaziers 

Protest against the owners who have spent the most on players in then league for the team they support. Our owners must be one of the luckiest !

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Today some wanted the owners out, some wanted to protest the Super League shambles some wanted the thrill of being in the stadium and some wanted the chaos and stealing corner flag and kicking a ball on the pitch.

If there's no reason for the protest then surely it can't be a protest!

Just now, saintquin said:

Protest against the owners who have spent the most on players in then league for the team they support. Our owners must be one of the luckiest !

If there's no reason for the protest then surely it can't be a protest!

You obviously don’t know anything about how Man United have been run the last 10 years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JRM said:

What were Bolton doing, trying to watch the game?

Ajax celebrations looked amazing.

AIK fans were funny too.

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You obviously don’t know anything about how Man United have been run the last 10 years.

Nor do you, as you appear to think they are owned by a window installation firm! Plus they first bought shares 18 years ago and had a controlling stake 16 years ago, not 10! 

2 minutes ago, JRM said:

Ahh, fair enough. That video is funny. "Fucking hell man, calm down man."

They've had a shit old time the past 10 years or so. Good that they might have something to celebrate.

14 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I don't think thats right..They werent there because they wanted to get in the stadium or steal a corner flag..They took the opportunity to do so but it wasn't the reason they were there?

7 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

My post did not say there was no reason for the protest. I said there were lots of different reasons. Not everyone was there for the same reason.

Where is your evidence?