(Not The) Pompey Takeover Saga

jawillwill

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/womens-fa-cup-opponents-confirmed-23-24

The draw for the 2023/24 Adobe Women's FA Cup has been completed, with Southampton FC Women finding out their newest opponents.

Southampton FC Women have been drawn against Portsmouth in the Adobe Women's FA Cup Third Round Proper.

Saints will play Portsmouth Women in an away tie to be held on Sunday 10th December 2023.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2023 at 16:18, mack rill said:

about time this thread had the Lazarus affect. as both teams are doing reasonably well at the mo Pompey still at the top(i know its not crimbo yet)and Saints trying not to catch Hoof or the tractor boys, next season could have a bit of spice to it😜

Impeccable timing, as always.... might be time to dig this beauty out again before too long... 😂

On 18/12/2023 at 16:18, mack rill said:

next season could have a bit of spice to it

What, the Disney / Marvel derby when Ryan Reynolds' Wrexham get promoted to League 1...? 

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 4

nuffink to see hear its the annual crimbo form fall off a cliff malarky. happened for the last 10 years but!! don't you pony fiddlers fret the winning streak will return just before season ticket sales time at the end of the season.😒  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mack rill said:

nuffink to see hear its the annual crimbo form fall off a cliff malarky. happened for the last 10 years but!! don't you pony fiddlers fret the winning streak will return just before season ticket sales time at the end of the season.😒  

Is that when this gets sung as well?

"The Saints are going up and the Skates are staying down

The Saints are going up and the Skates are staying down

The Saints are going up and the Skates are staying down

The Saints are going up and the Skates are staying down"

I wouldn't read too much into this minor setback, these little things happen to the best teams over the course of a season, especially if they can't defend a fucking corner.

it's just a six-game blip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/01/2024 at 18:43, Stripey McStripe Shirt said:

They'll be 4th if the teams below them win their game(s) in hand.

FWIW, I think this part of the season is just going to be a blip for them and they'll still comfortably go up automatically.

Be comedy gold if they fuck it up again this season. Their league is absolutely piss poor this year.

I watched sky sports Saturday and while reporting from Fratton Park, the commentator mentioned that there was a half time exodus. Can any resident pompey fans explain why this would be, taking into account they are the self proclaimed best fans in the world?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, east-stand-nic said:

I watched sky sports Saturday and while reporting from Fratton Park, the commentator mentioned that there was a half time exodus. Can any resident pompey fans explain why this would be, taking into account they are the self proclaimed best fans in the world?

Yes very strange that the fans would be leaving seeing as the News had a 2 page spread on the Saturday before New Years Eve filled with quotes from previous players and opposition players (even had the dates ffs) saying that the atmosphere there is basically on a par with anything they had ever experienced, some even mentioning us and how much better Pompey's atmosphere is.  I'll leave you to guess who was credited with the article.

1 hour ago, east-stand-nic said:

Not to defend that lot but how do they make a distinction between those fans going for HT piss and a pie and those leaving altogether? Presumably only from second half showing new empty seats?

5 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Factless Allen, no doubt. Can't remember who came up with that name but it so fits. Plus the writing style of a 14 year old, in the lower set for English.

Correct, do you think there is any other (tinpot) club in the country who would have a 2 page spread of former players in their local rag praising the fans?

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

Not to defend that lot but how do they make a distinction between those fans going for HT piss and a pie and those leaving altogether? Presumably only from second half showing new empty seats?

I saw the goals on South Today last night and there was a fair few empty seats behind the goal even as the 2nd and 3rd goals went in.

2 hours ago, east-stand-nic said:

Fire alarm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Pompey fans don't leave their seats for a piss. They just piss in their seats. Mind you I wouldn't blame them if the toilets for home fans are like those I experienced in the away end a few years ago. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/01/2024 at 09:34, Stripey McStripe Shirt said:

Pompey clinging on to top spot is the football equivalent of Rishi clinging on to the keys of 10 Downing Street. It's only matter of time before we get to enjoy the play offs again.

Nar been there done it quite a few times, with a nice round figure on the amount we have won,,,fuckin zero.😒 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mack rill said:

Nar been there done it quite a few times, with a nice round figure on the amount we have won,,,fuckin zero.😒 

Its the weakest league for some years and so you should be ok

On 30/01/2024 at 14:14, trousers said:

Screenshot_20240130-221336.png

Don't look behind you skates, the two just below have 2-3 games in hand, not to mention Derby in 4th who can get within 1 point if they win their game in hand!

image.gif.40ff4615215b4301915797eef99d1e16.gif

Edited by Dark Munster

• 2 weeks later...

Zero irony klaxon... 😂😂😂

Although, technically he's correct... it was the previous (now extinct) club, which used to play at Fratton Park, that diddled the tax payer, players and charities...

Screenshot_20240217-194412.png

Edited by trousers

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Danbert said:

Screenshot_20240308-094348.png

You've got to be a special kind of thick to commerorate a goal that had zero impact on us being promoted that season and ended up with them being relegated. #tinpot

Thick. As. Mince. 

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Get the bunting out, unfurl the banners, find the Turin Shroud tablecloth, polish up the bedside cabinet from HMS Victory, order in more prostitutes and fire up the double decker - it's party time!

The team that got relegated into a decade of obscurity still celebrates an ancient draw against a team that got promoted....

Next week, the Germans celebrate the day they put two rounds into an empty bus shelter in Stalingrad - they broke both windows and made it really cold in there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

Looks like they will make it t. Shame, pointing and laughing at them couldn't last forever.

I doubt that will change. There will be the return of Corp HO no doubt lol

• Like 1

On 18/03/2024 at 12:42, Fan The Flames said:

Looks like they will make it t. Shame, pointing and laughing at them couldn't last forever.

I can't see them doing an Ipswich. I can see them bouncing up and down the divisions like Rotherham and Sheff Wed. If they do even reasonably well, Mousinho will be off to another team like Schumacher dumped Plymouth

• Like 1