(Not The) Pompey Takeover Saga

jawillwill

In all fairness they have had a good summer window - the mighty blue army has cracked open the warchest and seen off fierce Premier League competition to bring in some really talented players, all of whom signed because they want to play for a massive club and sample the best atmosphere in world football, not because they were offered ridiculously high wages on long contracts that other clubs wouldn't match.

Every signing has stated in local media that they are now battling for the pluckiest fans in the world.

All delivered in short sentences.

That could have been longer.

On top of that, off the field development is very impressive -  they found a second table tennis table off Gumtree, pumped 7,000 litres of fat out of the stadium toilet, all of which is being recycled through local food outlets as part of the club's green initiative, and as the next stage of the stadium upgrades they greased up the jockey wheel on the Fratton End and planted new lucky heather. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, rallyboy said:

In all fairness they have had a good summer window - the mighty blue army has cracked open the warchest and seen off fierce Premier League competition to bring in some really talented players, all of whom signed because they want to play for a massive club and sample the best atmosphere in world football, not because they were offered ridiculously high wages on long contracts that other clubs wouldn't match.

Every signing has stated in local media that they are now battling for the pluckiest fans in the world.

On top of that, off the field development is very impressive -  they found a second table tennis table off Gumtree, pumped 7,000 litres of fat out of the stadium toilet, all of which is being recycled through local food outlets as part of the club's green initiative, and as the next stage of the stadium upgrades they greased up the jockey wheel on the Fratton End and planted new lucky heather. 

with hype like that Rally's me thinks you might work for the season ticket office.

On 21/07/2023 at 11:57, rallyboy said:

For a while I thought the players when interviewed once they signed had AI to do the template quotes 'Greatest club, fans etc etc' but then remembered they still have gas lamps in their homes to use for lighting and so no way could they have computers to do the AI

Edited by OldNick

On 17/07/2023 at 21:32, The Cat said:

Because I work at Pompey Uni we get the opportunity (if you can call it that) to enter a ballot for free tickets.

Bloke at work today put my name down for every game as a joke. Hopefully I won't be unsuccessful in the ballot and end up with tickets.

Oh FFS.

IMG_20230726_135228.jpg

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

🤣🤣🤣

At first I read that email as 'as following your bail application you have been selected to......" 

Watching Pompey seems fair punishment for whatever he might have done 

Edited by buctootim
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, buctootim said:

At first I read that email as 'as following your bail application you have been selected to......" 

Watching Pompey seems fair punishment for whatever he might have done 

Maybe that's a way out for Suella?  Of course you can come in to the country, but you'll be issued a 10 year season ticket at dogshit park and must wear a tag to prove attendance....

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/08/2023 at 15:52, mack rill said:

nothing like consistency a boys, new line-up same result. draw at home loose away only thing that changes is the last digit of the year:shakey:

still at least you feckers should be celebrating a few more wins this season.  

you looked pretty good the other night.......not you but Pompey. The new big athletic forward/midfielder will do well.

32 minutes ago, SW5 SAINT said:

As pompeys match went on about 15 minutes longer than all the rest yesterday, was anyone else praying that bottom of the table Cheltenham would hang on and deny Pompey chance to go top…..?

They had to get a fan out of the ground the run the line 🤣

7 hours ago, The Kraken said:

They had to get a fan out of the ground the run the line 🤣

Wouldn't have been interesting if Mr Westwood had been given the gig trying to keep up with play in those clowns shoes and attempting to play a tune on his bugle at the same time.

I can imagine him putting the flag up every time the ball went over the half way line into the Pompey half even if he was lino for the away side!!!!!!!!!.

Reminds me of a Sunday League game I once watched with two notoriously blatant cheaters from both teams running the line.

They both had their flags up for offside at one stage of the game which ended 0-0!!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SW5 SAINT said:

With all the excitement re transfers going on for Saints, I came on here to catch up with all pompeys excitement………..

oh……

They are more limited than other clubs as essential they also psychologically profile players as many will crumble under intimidation from having t9 play in that cauldron, Fratton Park.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Amazed the centre forward is still there. He is imperative for their success. Think its their year. Im getting lots of Skates sending me messages of their future games against us. When Oxford are the main competitors shows that its a weak league. 

On 05/10/2023 at 16:10, OldNick said:

Amazed the centre forward is still there. He is imperative for their success. Think its their year. Im getting lots of Skates sending me messages of their future games against us. When Oxford are the main competitors shows that its a weak league. 

Bring it on

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 28/10/2023 at 22:19, Stripey McStripe Shirt said:

Charming bunch.

Absolute wankers in my view. Was out in Tesco in Fareham after the Saints West Brom game, my 11 year old lad wearing his Saints shirt. Guy started following us around the store, stupid smug grin on his face everytime we passed him. I Knew he wanted to say something, he just didn't have the balls to say it. At the self checkouts paying, he walks past us again toward the exit, then he bravely shouts out "Scummer" when he is close to the secuity guard and the shop exit. Bearing in mind this was a bloke of a about 40 calling a 11 year old a scummer. So fucking big and brave of him. I know they aren't all a bad bunch and probably some of our fans are just as bad, but just proper wound me up. 

Edited by Lee On Solent Saint
missing word

1 hour ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Absolute wankers in my view. Was out in Tesco in Fareham after the Saints West Brom game, my 11 year old lad wearing his Saints shirt. Guy started following us around the store, stupid smug grin on his face everytime we passed him. I Knew he wanted to say something, he just didn't have the balls to say it. At the self checkouts paying, he walks past us again toward the exit, then he bravely shouts out "Scummer" when he is close to the secuity guard and the shop exit. Bearing in mind this was a bloke of a about 40 calling a 11 year old a scummer. So fucking big and brave of him. I know they aren't all a bad bunch and probably some of our fans are just as bad, but just proper wound me up. 

A few years back I stopped off at the big Tescos not far from Port Solent to get some fuel.

In the Tesco car park there was an excuse for a woman and her gobby male partner verbally abusing a kid in a red & white stripped shirt, calling him a scummer and other names and generally feeling proud of themselves, I guess.

That was until the lad's Mum and Dad came out with their shopping.

The mother went straight up and decked the excuse for a woman with a perfect right hander and the gobby male partner seemed to disappear behind a row of cars until the parents went back to their car.

The only small drawback was that the sticker in the back of the car, when the parents and child left, showed they were Mackems.

Funny episode nevertheless and nice to see justice correctly handed out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3