(Not The) Pompey Takeover Saga

jawillwill

On 31/07/2022 at 05:34, rallyboy said:

Last time they achieved that they had a bus tour, called it Norris Day and still talk lovingly about it every anniversary.

I suppose you can't blame them. It was that equaliser in the 15th minute of added time, a stunning 40 foot range bullet header, that saved them from relegation, and prevented us from going up.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Omg, whats is wrong with the world that nothing is being posted on here!!! They are doing well to be fair and so.........

Who's "they"...?

They've been so insignificant for so long I'd forgotten all about them to be honest 

Edited by trousers

Last night they drew 5-6 on penalties apparently.

Because the actual game was a draw and they came a plucky second in the penalties which decides the bonus points, that makes the whole evening a draw, according to the few, so they may be firing up the bus...

And did anyone else notice that Norris, the guy who scored the dramatic season-changing equaliser at SMS, is now selling shirts due to 'lack of space and a costly divorce', so there may be some bargains to be had at a car boot sale near you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, rallyboy said:

Last night they drew 5-6 on penalties apparently.

Because the actual game was a draw and they came a plucky second in the penalties which decides the bonus points, that makes the whole evening a draw, according to the few, so they may be firing up the bus...

And did anyone else notice that Norris, the guy who scored the dramatic season-changing equaliser at SMS, is now selling shirts due to 'lack of space and a costly divorce', so there may be some bargains to be had at a car boot sale near you.

Who needs money when you can live with the best moment of your career? 

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/nostalgia/ex-portsmouth-midfielder-david-norris-i-ruined-billy-sharps-southampton-glory-and-it-was-the-best-moment-of-my-career-2860328

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/09/2022 at 08:15, jawillwill said:

If that is the highlight!! Ok Steve Morans goal at FP was probably his, but ours was to actually win a game in the FA cup rather than get a draw in a team that was to be relegated

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

Pompey are doing quite well at present, all a bit annoyingly, but they are doing well. Shame Scarlet is there doing the business

They have the backing of a lower mid level championship club from an attendance standpoint so it is always going to happen eventually.

Still a long season yet and if they lose out in the playoffs again I will die laughing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, SW5 SAINT said:

It’s away to Forest Green Rovers in League 1 next. Let’s hope the good people of Nailsworth, population 6000, are prepared…..

Expecting loads of heroic tweets when they ‘take’ the village green 

• Haha 4

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am currently in Portsmouth.

Now, I've never been to Portsmouth before, or for that matter a Holiday Inn Express, but by the lifts they have this sign:

spacer.png

It completely stopped me in my tracks! I must've read it 100 times. It seems to be some kind of code. I think it's something to do with the words in red and the capitalisation of Brother, but I can't quite figure it out.

Can anyone explain it for me pls?

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Bearsy said:

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am currently in Portsmouth.

Now, I've never been to Portsmouth before, or for that matter a Holiday Inn Express, but by the lifts they have this sign:

spacer.png

It completely stopped me in my tracks! I must've read it 100 times. It seems to be some kind of code. I think it's something to do with the words in red and the capitalisation of Brother, but I can't quite figure it out.

Can anyone explain it for me pls?

I guess the marketing meeting went something along the lines of: "It doesn't matter what we write, those webbed finger f***ers can't read anyway"...?

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...