(Not The) Pompey Takeover Saga

jawillwill

I've just got a new job at the Uni in Pompey. Was there today helping with the graduation events, and while walking between buildings I saw a half naked man carrying a guitar with a colander on his head and then a bloke on a scooter opposite the Guildhall arguing with some people sat outside a pub, shouting "why don't you just fuck off you dinlos?"

What a place.

• Haha 1

On 10/07/2022 at 13:49, johnnyboy said:

Got some moves TCWTB not !

Presumably what the UI poster in the Coventry end today had to endure. At least Cov saw their team win 2-0 and have a good shower when they get back to remove any lingering stale whiff from TCWTB and friends. Wonder if Colander Head (see The Cat’s post) was part of his little dance troupe?
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/287485/westwood/#4

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

They have to be high on ket or something.  Even strange people don't act like that?!

Why are actions like that allowed at football stadiums. There are kids and women at the grounds who will be subjected to this!!

22 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Why are actions like that allowed at football stadiums. There are kids and women at the grounds who will be subjected to this!!

Looking through Twitter, plenty of Pompey fans finally appear to be seeing him for what he is.

Lots calling for him to be banned from stadium / complaining about stewards turning a blind eye to his behaviour. Personally, I think as Saints fans, we should campaign for the fuckwit to embarrass their club/city for as long as possible. The more often he's in the stadium, the less often he's infecting society elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, jawillwill said:

Looking through Twitter, plenty of Pompey fans finally appear to be seeing him for what he is.

Lots calling for him to be banned from stadium / complaining about stewards turning a blind eye to his behaviour. Personally, I think as Saints fans, we should campaign for the fuckwit to embarrass their club/city for as long as possible. The more often he's in the stadium, the less often he's infecting society elsewhere.

If he did that in the middle of Gunwharf Quays or Commercial St in the town he’d be nicked for public disorder/D&D if he kicked off. He’d probably get filled in before that as well. Seen people kicked out of SMS, Etihad, SJP, WHL, Villa Park, Goodison for much less than that. If the stories are true about intimidating other Portsmouth fans, especially younger ones, that is totally out of order and pathetic. I’ve been told by loads of Pompey fans I know that he allegedly stinks of BO. Trouble is, their club have allowed him to build up this super fan image and now he thinks he has the run of the rust shed. Clearly from Saturday’s puke-making display he does.

1 hour ago, saint1977 said:

If he did that in the middle of Gunwharf Quays or Commercial St in the town he’d be nicked for public disorder/D&D if he kicked off. He’d probably get filled in before that as well. Seen people kicked out of SMS, Etihad, SJP, WHL, Villa Park, Goodison for much less than that. If the stories are true about intimidating other Portsmouth fans, especially younger ones, that is totally out of order and pathetic. I’ve been told by loads of Pompey fans I know that he allegedly stinks of BO. Trouble is, their club have allowed him to build up this super fan image and now he thinks he has the run of the rust shed. Clearly from Saturday’s puke-making display he does.

How could that smelly cunt intimidate anyone?

• Haha 1

Forget the rivalry, most Pompey fans are decent and will be embarrassed about his actions. 

He owns a book shop, if that appeared on his website or his customers saw that, I suspect his business would plummet. 

4 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Forget the rivalry, most Pompey fans are decent and will be embarrassed about his actions. 

He owns a book shop, if that appeared on his website or his customers saw that, I suspect his business would plummet. 

Him appearing at the till of his book shop should see his business plummet!

Open All Hours - GIF on Imgur

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Seriously? TCWTB owns a bookshop?? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

I doubt he has ever read anything he sells.

Read Book Club GIF

A split personality. I met him at an antique fair, he knew I was a Saints fan and had to get out 'I for one' in his conversation but took my banter well. 

Different character in his business, would have to be of course, as he is dealing with academics (that does not include me of course lol)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

Seriously? TCWTB owns a bookshop?? 

20 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Yes in Petersfield. 

19 minutes ago, OldNick said:

He doesn't appear there in his clown outfit and of course most of the tattoos wash off.

John Westwood

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

A split personality. I met him at an antique fair, he knew I was a Saints fan and had to get out 'I for one' in his conversation but took my banter well. 

Different character in his business, would have to be of course, as he is dealing with academics (that does not include me of course 

I can remember working in a shop in Petersfield during the Poortvielt season. I chatted to him amicable for three weeks until somebody told him I was a Saints fan. He never came through my till again. And I can confirm he absolutely pongs on match days.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Colinjb said:

That Eastleigh v AFC Stoneham tie looks tasty.

Is there a more local derby than that in the English football pyramid I wonder? (Not including teams that ground share)

Have Saints always been involved with this or did we only just start up again recently? I know we’ve won it a silly amount of times before but figured we stopped entering it years ago.  

Edited by bpsaint

31 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Is there a more local derby than that in the English football pyramid I wonder? (Not including teams that ground share)

Have Saints always been involved with this or did we only just start up again recently? I know we’ve won it a silly amount of times before but figured we stopped entering it years ago.  

Hamble and Folland are separated by Hamble Primary School bit I think AFC Totton and Totton & Eling backing on to each other probably win.

Screenshot_2022-07-25-23-42-44-18_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg

Screenshot_2022-07-25-23-41-39-52_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg

1 hour ago, Pamplemousse said:

A plucky point away at one of the bigger teams in the division

Last time they achieved that they had a bus tour, called it Norris Day and still talk lovingly about it every anniversary.

Meanwhile there is a rumour that TCWTB has been banned by the club for three games...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rallyboy said:

Last time they achieved that they had a bus tour, called it Norris Day and still talk lovingly about it every anniversary.

Meanwhile there is a rumour that TCWTB has been banned by the club for three games...

Hopefully the three games are "home", "away" and "international".