(Not The) Pompey Takeover Saga

jawillwill

On 20/10/2021 at 22:36, Matthew Le God said:

To their credit this simple improvised chant is pretty amusing to watch.

Gallows humour from those blue few still in the stadium when 4-0 down...

They are good fans, period. Hampshire humour

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why have the Eisner family bought Pompey? At the time thought they might be after a leisure complex here on the South Coast incorporating a stadium, but after four years there doesn't seem to be any discernible plan.

Don't much care anyway but curious - anyone heard any whispers?

4 hours ago, Manuel said:

League 1 results today:  14th Position Pompey 1-1 against 15th position Cheltenham Town. 

#lfoundthatlevel

Doesn't invalidate your point, but that was Tuesday, not today. They were busy today scraping a 1-0 win against Harrow Borough from the 7th tier (I think - might be 8th) of English football.

8 hours ago, Danbert said:

This reads like a parody. I particularly the line about Portsmouth's "infamous landmarks".

https://www.hampshirelive.news/news/hampshire-news/portsmouth-ranked-alongside-new-york-6165315

That is hilarious. 

I have been to Portsmouth and 7 of the other 9 listed cities. I can confidently statr that Portsmouth is completely unlike the other cities.

10 hours ago, Danbert said:

This reads like a parody. I particularly the line about Portsmouth's "infamous landmarks".

https://www.hampshirelive.news/news/hampshire-news/portsmouth-ranked-alongside-new-york-6165315

Speaking with HampshireLive, she said: "I often describe Portsmouth as the 'biggest village' because you always meet people who know people.

They all know each other because they're all fookin' related. Never have so many cousins been seen in the same place at the same time, yet another portsea island "wow factor".

On 18/11/2021 at 12:44, trousers said:

Looks like we're going to be propping up our inferior neighbours then. Hope they accept our money with gratitude and grace. 

Screenshot_20211118-124222-246.png

They should minus the charities money that they stole before giving that lot anything. It’s just hand out after handout to that lot. 

• Like 1

I get the Pompey News feed on my Facebook for some weird reason.

It seems the template for any report is

Win = The fans roared them to victory

Draw = The fans roared them to a fantastic point and if it wasnt for them....

Lose = The fans turned up and roared them on and it was a plucky defeat

Lose badly = The fans were fully behind the team and the boos were by the opposition fans as they didnt want to win

• 2 weeks later...

Up the Sulphurites. With a bit of luck Town will get the chance to beat them twice a season from next season. Would have loved have been in Milton end cheering them onto a last minute victory, but was at the game at St Marys. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A draw with Cambridge can be considered a good result - if you're in a fucking boat race!

I hear that the medical staff treating the seriously-ill fan were greatly impressed by the small freak group armed with a bell and drums, battering their eardrums throughout the solemn incident.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Good effort Mack, nice to see you're okay - but I am disappointed...

By now I would expect to see several freshly-written portsmyths doing the rounds, you know - SS tank drivers, fantasy dock strikes, war crimes, Serbian mafia, all the usual stuff.

But all I've seen offered so far was someone who clearly can't grasp basic maths who thinks Jack Grealish cost the same as the club.

So many numbers to remember, it's difficult....then letters as well....it's too much.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 05/01/2022 at 01:10, mack rill said:

washing time at Saint Fairy's wondered where the new chapman's would be. expect to see Liam Neeson walk out of the office after putting the rent up 20%

Look what happened to us after playing with the eastern block.:suspicious:

Neither Serbia or Yugoslavia were ever in the Eastern block……😀

11 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

Nathan Lyon the Aussie spin bowler was just shown on TV sitting in the crowd wearing a Pompey shirt.

I always hated the bald cunt.

I need evidence of this.  Sure it wasn’t just a genericJD sports kit?

9 minutes ago, whelk said:

I need evidence of this.  Sure it wasn’t just a genericJD sports kit?

Blue shirt, skate logo, "University of Skatesmouth" emblazoned across the front. Not sure about it being Lyon though.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/howzat-portsmouth-shirt-wearing-supporter-temporarily-stops-play-in-englands-fourth-ashes-test-against-australia-3519911

spacer.png

Edited by badgerx16

50 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Blue shirt, skate logo, "University of Skatesmouth" emblazoned across the front. Not sure about it being Lyon though.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/howzat-portsmouth-shirt-wearing-supporter-temporarily-stops-play-in-englands-fourth-ashes-test-against-australia-3519911

spacer.png

The commentary said it was Lyon and I am sure that nobody would wear a Pompey shirt by mistake. 🙂

6 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

The commentary said it was Lyon and I am sure that nobody would wear a Pompey shirt by mistake. 🙂

Looks a bit like him but why would he be out at about in a stand at the opoosite side of the ground from the changing rooms during his side's innings, and moving behind the bowler whilst his team mate was batting ?

Portsmouth goalkeeper Alex Bass admits the facilities at loan club Bradford City are better than they are with the Blues.

The jealous rejects always make up stuff like this, not like the plucky replacement heroes coming in who appreciate that they have finally reached the promised land.

It can't be true....unless of course Bradford bought two ping-pong tables in the Sports Direct sale, and have a ground that doesn't come with an awning and a jockey wheel.

• Haha 5