(Not The) Pompey Takeover Saga

jawillwill

18 hours ago, trousers said:

What the f**kety f**k?

Screenshot_20230328-194832.png

David  Norris Day is fast approaching.  They are probably getting ready to laud it over you and all other Saints fans. Be prepared. We are going to be thoroughly humiliated by them, as we have been every year since 2012. The shame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 02/04/2023 at 16:06, mack rill said:

Three points from playoffs, you rooted to the foot its the hope that's gonna kill us all.:mcinnes:  

Im not one of those who want you to come up so we get a derby. Delighted that your crew stay down where historically you have been.

The days of Dirty John rolling up are good to be over IMO.

Not that i want it bad for you Mack, as you were unlucky to choose the wrong birthplace, but derbies are no fun

• Like 1

On 06/04/2023 at 15:36, OldNick said:

Im not one of those who want you to come up so we get a derby. Delighted that your crew stay down where historically you have been.

The days of Dirty John rolling up are good to be over IMO.

Not that i want it bad for you Mack, as you were unlucky to choose the wrong birthplace, but derbies are no fun

They are great when we win and terrible when we lose. Saying that, the FA Cup game in 2010 when we were in L1 wasn't as bad as the scoreline suggests, we did alright, especially in the first half when David James kept them in it with some great saves and then in the week that they'd been handed a transfer ban they got round it with that loan player who came on as sub and caught us on the break as we were trying to get level. 

• Like 1

On 02/04/2023 at 16:06, mack rill said:

Three points from playoffs, you rooted to the foot its the hope that's gonna kill us all.:mcinnes:  

We haven't had any hope for a while, but after yesterday's 1-1 against struggling MK Dons when all the other teams around you won it looks like yours has gone too.

13 hours ago, Green said:

They are great when we win and terrible when we lose. Saying that, the FA Cup game in 2010 when we were in L1 wasn't as bad as the scoreline suggests, we did alright, especially in the first half when David James kept them in it with some great saves and then in the week that they'd been handed a transfer ban they got round it with that loan player who came on as sub and caught us on the break as we were trying to get level. 

Yep but we still had to suck up the result

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

We haven't had any hope for a while, but after yesterday's 1-1 against struggling MK Dons when all the other teams around you won it looks like yours has gone too.

Never be too sure about that. I get the 'news' feed come up and it is amazing how so much is any connection that may be negative to Saints or that they have some third party interest from an Ex-player who has done well elsewhere. I really dont see the echo being that childish, but there again when that Allen bloke is their sports reporter are we surprised

On 22/04/2023 at 09:10, SW5 SAINT said:

Confirmation that Pompey will be in League 1 again next season. I think they are now the longest serving team in league one…..it must be their natural home now…..

Some may argue that they are punching above their weight and their natural home is L2.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Bestest team in that division remains there, again. 🤣

Saw one of their fans on Twitter the other day claim the reason they haven’t been promoted still is that they’re too big for League 1, and the players can’t handle the pressure to sustain a good run.

They really are a special breed of stupid.

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

The stinking tramp fuck has now been given a five month ban and has finally admitted he's a 'dinosaur' and needs to change.

Looks like the band won't be getting back together.

Convenient that most of the ban is during the summer months, lol. So a half hearted ban rather than say a year

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

The stinking tramp fuck has now been given a five month ban and has finally admitted he's a 'dinosaur' and needs to change.

Looks like the band won't be getting back together.

Interestingly even the blue few have come out and said the atmosphere is like a church since he got banned.

Surely not? Not Fratton Park? The only UK equivalent of River Plate or Dortmund for noise!?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mack rill said:

the atmosphere is gonna be summert to witness at St Fairies next home game a mosh.

At least we still don’t need to rely on an alcoholic with a bell and a pirate with a drum for some atmosphere.

Looking at a pompey forum the other day they were calling for them to come back due to long spells of “embarrassing silence” at FP. Their words not mine. 

• Like 1

See they were singing “gary o’neil sent the scummers down” at the weekend. much like how they ‘sent us down’ last time, do they not understand it’s over a whole season, and surely the team that sends you down is whoever you play when it’s mathematically impossible. 

9 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

See they were singing “gary o’neil sent the scummers down” at the weekend. much like how they ‘sent us down’ last time, do they not understand it’s over a whole season, and surely the team that sends you down is whoever you play when it’s mathematically impossible. 

It's almost as if Pompey fans are a bit thick...

• Like 6

After years of deafening silence the forgotten island of portsmyth awakes from its slumber, the harsh and bleak wilderness finally offering a crumb of comfort.

The stinking tramp rises from his piss-riddled cardboard hovel and laughs at the man who has downsized to a two-bedroom flat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Pamplemousse said:

Just a reminder that we're still in a division above them next season

Even if we finish bottom of the Championship next season with zero points, it'll still be better than any position they have achieved in well over a decade. And they'll probably be out of the cups before we even enter the competitions. 

I obviously already knew that Pompey fans (and the Pompey media) are as thick as mince but trying to sabotage a poll that Saints fans were already sabotaging takes mince thickness to all time new levels 

Screenshot_20230519-174824.png

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 2

How sad that the News is trying to make out it is 'agent Bazunu'

Yep a footballer is going to trash his career to make them happy, they have enough players on their books trashing their own careers playing for them 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, mack rill said:

Nar speechless by the amount of no-hopers and freebees we are managing to snap up from under the noses of you championship clubs. 

My mate as just bought a Pompey season ticket, it comes with a length of rope and a stool

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Because I work at Pompey Uni we get the opportunity (if you can call it that) to enter a ballot for free tickets.

Bloke at work today put my name down for every game as a joke. Hopefully I won't be unsuccessful in the ballot and end up with tickets.

8 hours ago, The Cat said:

Because I work at Pompey Uni we get the opportunity (if you can call it that) to enter a ballot for free tickets.

Bloke at work today put my name down for every game as a joke. Hopefully I won't be unsuccessful in the ballot and end up with tickets.

They could come in useful if you run low on toilet paper.