Fuck me, give it a rest!

SaveloyMush

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Always was a great poster. His Twitter meltdown demanding to know why he was banned was hilarious. I reallu don’t get why anyone thought he was that other poster whose mane escapes me for now 🤣

I wonder if Covid wiped a few out. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Always was a great poster. His Twitter meltdown demanding to know why he was banned was hilarious. I reallu don’t get why anyone thought he was that other poster whose mane escapes me for now 🤣

Chapel end. 

He even went to the lengths of starting a thread to say about his ‘mistaken identity’ and how it definitely wasn’t him 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, adriansfc said:

He's been saying it used to be great for many, many years. It's rarely been any different but did used to be busier. Before 99% of threads ended up just him and MLG competing to be the most tedious. 

It used to be much better, more engaging and more enjoyable. You're still dull though. 

6 minutes ago, Dman said:

Chapel end. 

He even went to the lengths of starting a thread to say about his ‘mistaken identity’ and how it definitely wasn’t him 😂

🤣 yes he did that thread was Hilarious. Back in the glory days of TUI there was a similar theme where a poster would appear, then very quickly give themselves away as a former poster, get ripped for it then a week or so later come back again. It was a never ending cycle but really funny. I won’t bore everyone with the whole story but basically the poster expected people to believe there were two saints fans with the same name, same age, went to the same school and by coincidence bothe ended up living in Bangkok at the same time but never knew who each other where. One was a fraudster the other was a decent bloke who was an innocent victim of identify fraud 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

Always wondered what happened to the ITKs like Guan, Billy k supersound, Monk

Alpine used to post controversial stuff too, remember Barry Sanchez getting banned  for his infamous “norwich had a better transfer window” / “ricky van wolfswinkel is better than lambert”

Bearsy used to be a funny poster on the odd occasion. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Alpine used to post controversial stuff too, remember Barry Sanchez getting banned  for his infamous “norwich had a better transfer window” / “ricky van wolfswinkel is better than lambert”

Probably got pissed off with all the bellends on here. Guan I think had a mate get killed in the Manchester arena bomb and I think he stopped posting regularly after that. Hope the lad was able to deal with that as horrendous.

Edited by Turkish

This place is always worst when there's not a lot going on. Fact is that we're comfortably midtable, the manager's job is pretty safe, we're a way off the next transfer window and we've just had a takeover, so not much proper stuff to discuss

Edited by Ex Lion Tamer

On 22/04/2022 at 22:38, SaveloyMush said:

I am a relatively new and infrequent poster on here. I had hoped that this would be a board on which one could share the highs and lows of being a Saints supporter; instead it is dominated by 3 or 4 posters, arguing constantly about insignificant shite, be it statistics or a player's "ceiling". 

Any chance we could get back to the football?

Times change, social mores change, you either change with them or become a relic of a past that was never as utopian as clouded minds recall.

Edited by Charlie Wayman

28 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

The future will be xP where we look at expected post numbers and reminisce about it being higher in the old days.

I think we’d benefit from a Trip Advisor style poster review ratings eg Affable chap always measured when replying but somehow rates Bednarek or hothead abusive, avoid engagement at all times, he’s a cunt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, whelk said:

I think we’d benefit from a Trip Advisor style poster review ratings eg Affable chap always measured when replying but somehow rates Bednarek or hothead abusive, avoid engagement at all times, he’s a cunt.

Would recommend.

On 23/04/2022 at 10:09, egg said:

I won't respond to all, but in the real world, yep, I'd tell someone what I think of them. In here people are anonymous to a point, but to refer to people as strangers who some of us have interacted with for years is a stretch. In real or virtual life, idiots will get called out. The idiots have to suck it up, although I doubt in real life they'd behave that way and save their goading and nonsense for the safety of the virtual world. 

Who gets to decide who is an idiot? Does not thinking that Broja is the next Ronaldo make you an idiot? Does being a “pinko” make you an idiot? To some apparently. As for strangers, meeting someone and interacting with them in real life is far different to responding to them on the internet. If this was a pub I’m sure most people would be far more civil to each other. Yes, there is always the person who has to take things too far, but I think there would be less personal abuse.

As for forums, I guess it is all about what you want from them. I am sure places exist for those hankering after the days when you could be non PC to your hearts content. If that is what you want, go there, don’t try and turn something into something else to suit your own agenda (not you personally).

I used to lurk on TUI. What a strange place that used to be. The only thing worth reading for me were the posts from Nick who seemed to have a reasonable and balanced view about the club. At one point it just became a battle ground between two posters having an ego driven ITK battle which became tiresome (unless that type of thing is what you are looking for). Fortunately a few posters were banned and although it has become quite bland now, most of the toxicity has gone and apart from a couple of anti vax conspiracy theorists spoiling a few threads, you aren’t likely to get heavy verbal abuse just for having a different opinion.

Perhaps there should be an additional section after the Lounge here, the Saloon Bar, where people who want nothing more than to wind each other up and call each other cunts can spend their time and let everyone else get on with exchanging views without the bs?

Pretty much every forum I have read have had trouble with WUMs and trolls. It’s a shame but it seems to be part of the human condition in some to ruin things for others under the guise of rooting out WUMs and trolls themselves when they are a source of the problem (again, not aimed at you personally).

• Like 1

On 23/04/2022 at 00:19, Turkish said:

as for me I’m the forums fine whiskey. Not everyone gets me or likes me but those that do think I’m marvellous. And even those that don’t still like to have a little taste now and again.

'Mr Chocolate' springs to mind, AKA Mark Wotte who also had a high opinion of himself apparently. I recall someone on here claiming the academy players came up with that one. I'm sure we had another manager since then with the nickname getting recycled. Guessing it would have been Pardew.

10 hours ago, nta786 said:

Agreed with all the above. My guess is a lot of information was probably gained from chats in the pub, and all that completely dried up when the pandemic hit - gossiping with Zoom or Skype isn't quite the same. Without anything of substance, we're reduced to shouting shit at each other on here (and ditto even when there is, realistically).

It also doesn't help that on the pitch we veer from the sublime to the ridiculous over the space of a few weeks. 

Edited by Ted Bates Statue

2 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Who gets to decide who is an idiot? Does not thinking that Broja is the next Ronaldo make you an idiot? Does being a “pinko” make you an idiot? To some apparently. As for strangers, meeting someone and interacting with them in real life is far different to responding to them on the internet. If this was a pub I’m sure most people would be far more civil to each other. Yes, there is always the person who has to take things too far, but I think there would be less personal abuse.

As for forums, I guess it is all about what you want from them. I am sure places exist for those hankering after the days when you could be non PC to your hearts content. If that is what you want, go there, don’t try and turn something into something else to suit your own agenda (not you personally).

I used to lurk on TUI. What a strange place that used to be. The only thing worth reading for me were the posts from Nick who seemed to have a reasonable and balanced view about the club. At one point it just became a battle ground between two posters having an ego driven ITK battle which became tiresome (unless that type of thing is what you are looking for). Fortunately a few posters were banned and although it has become quite bland now, most of the toxicity has gone and apart from a couple of anti vax conspiracy theorists spoiling a few threads, you aren’t likely to get heavy verbal abuse just for having a different opinion.

Perhaps there should be an additional section after the Lounge here, the Saloon Bar, where people who want nothing more than to wind each other up and call each other cunts can spend their time and let everyone else get on with exchanging views without the bs?

Pretty much every forum I have read have had trouble with WUMs and trolls. It’s a shame but it seems to be part of the human condition in some to ruin things for others under the guise of rooting out WUMs and trolls themselves when they are a source of the problem (again, not aimed at you personally).

funny how say TUI used to be weird when you were a lurker and now has become bland when you’re posting on it 🤣

You obviously have no idea that this supposed “ego driven itk war” was just a  bit of messing about which had been going for years every transfer window. There was nothing egotistical about it. Just two people not taking themselves seriously messing about on a football forum, who’d have thought it anyone would do that when you can Use it to tell everyone how they need to do more to end racism like you do! Sadly yet again gone over your head and you turned it into some sort of weird claims of narcissism, much like the time you accused me of it on here when someone was being questioned about posting that we had been taken over before it broke in the news. The chap who posted it was being slagged off and I simply said the guy saying it is a good source and usually spot on with stuff he posts. You took that as me arrogantly giving him my stamp of approval and went on about it for days, if you remember that you’ll also remember how quite a few people said you were talking out of your aris. 

Couple your incredible ability to miss the point with your endless piety then if every forum you inhabit has WUMs on it with you always being the common denominator whatever the subject matter of the forum ever wondered if you might be the issue?

10 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

'Mr Chocolate' springs to mind, AKA Mark Wotte who also had a high opinion of himself apparently. I recall someone on here claiming the academy players came up with that one. I'm sure we had another manager since then with the nickname getting recycled. Guessing it would have been Pardew.

Sadly narcissists are everywhere. If it isn’t bad enough having one as PM we have to put up with them infecting our football forums too. 

The last time I drank whisky it made me ill so I avoid it now.

Edited by sadoldgit
Add text

13 hours ago, Dman said:

😂 classic.

Funny enough, I was just about to ask what happened to Always/Chapel end. He/she/they were partial to a good bit of aggro. 

part of me wonders if he gained some perceived intelligence and now posts as someone who’s name starts with T…

You’re  just trying to start a War!

Edited by Toussaint

12 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

What a load of old pony. 

On 23/04/2022 at 10:05, sadoldgit said:

Every forum I have ever read has been spoiled by WUMs and trolls eventually. That included a mental health support group that started out brilliantly until a few members turned on another and then it was all downhill. All of the Saints football forums I have read over the years have been spoiled by a few posters who are just there on the wind up. Not surprisingly, when these characters are removed, the forums improve. I agree with the view that transgressors should be sanctioned. I don’t think a rest period will deter the everyday WUM but limiting the number of posts each day for some might prevent the way some threads deteriorate. In the Lounge it says abuse is not tolerate but the verbal abuse towards one poster recently went way too far and amounted to bullying. Would you call a complete stranger in a pub a cunt to his face if he disagreed with you? Having been on the receiving end of a few pile ins over the years I can testify that it isn’t very pleasant. I haven’t paid my fiver because, for a fee, I expect better moderation of the board. Unfortunately the ignore function doesn’t work particularly well. You still get to see a person’s post if someone else quotes it and they are on your ignore list. I have sympathy for the mods as I know it must be difficult to keep an eye on every thread all of the time, but this forum gets ruined by the amount of personal abuse that gets thrown around and something needs to be done. It doesn’t help that previously banned members just rejoin under a different name. If you are going to charge for a forum then you need to provide a better service than all of the other free forums. In an ideal world people would self moderate and walk away from a thread when it started to get unpleasant. Unfortunately we don’t live in an ideal world and the people who just follow others round deliberately looking for a wind up need to be dealt with.

Your post would have more weight about calling people things to their face if you hadn't called people rape apologist, racist and part of the far right. IMO that's much worse than calling someone a cuntt.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Your post would have more weight about calling people things to their face if you hadn't called people rape apologist, racist and part of the far right. IMO that's much worse than calling someone a cuntt.

Indeed. I used to think Soggy was just a bit of a drip who went on a bit but the last couple of years he really seems to have stepped up the preaching and comes across as very pious, bitter and sometimes quite nasty Using the slurs you mention then if anyone says anything about him plays the victim. Most laughable was a man I presume of pension age pretending he had people on ignore and regularly outing himself about lying about it. 

Clearly the lad takes this place quite seriously as has shared a lot of personal information on here also asking for advice on things so guess interaction with people is something he enjoys, just a shame it seems to also be a bit of a soap box and if he went on to his mixed race bar maid or Muslim barber like he does on here they’d probably tell him to STFU

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

I rest my case

nah mate, this is a thread to call out the issues on the forum. Soggy thinks it's because the forum is full of WUM and trolls, others think he part of the problem and brings a lot of it on himself, the fact that every forum he goes on has the same problem suggests we might be right.

• Like 1

On 22/04/2022 at 22:38, SaveloyMush said:

I am a relatively new and infrequent poster on here. I had hoped that this would be a board on which one could share the highs and lows of being a Saints supporter; instead it is dominated by 3 or 4 posters, arguing constantly about insignificant shite, be it statistics or a player's "ceiling". 

Any chance we could get back to the football?

55 minutes ago, Turkish said:

nah mate, this is a thread to call out the issues on the forum. Soggy thinks it's because the forum is full of WUM and trolls, others think he part of the problem and brings a lot of it on himself, the fact that every forum he goes on has the same problem suggests we might be right.

That's hilarious.  I've reposted the OP to remind me and you what was said.  It's pretty clear what is being called out.  I'm guessing SaveloyMush had you, DMan, and Twar in mind (possibly Sadoldgit as well, although perhaps harsh as I think he's on a 3. a day budget like me).  

For a while the thread had a reflective, nostalgic quality to it.  Although I'm a recent contributor I'm a long term lurker and enjoyed some of the memories being described, including your contributions. But the inevitable happened, hence my comment.

FWIW In enjoy most of what I read in here; even the stuff that I don't agree with can often be entertaining. The bit I don't enjoy is what the Op mentioned, i.e. when the same few topics keep reappearing, and then the same characters get stuck in the same trenches. It becomes mind numbingly predictable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

That's hilarious.  I've reposted the OP to remind me and you what was said.  It's pretty clear what is being called out.  I'm guessing SaveloyMush had you, DMan, and Twar in mind (possibly Sadoldgit as well, although perhaps harsh as I think he's on a 3. a day budget like me).  

For a while the thread had a reflective, nostalgic quality to it.  Although I'm a recent contributor I'm a long term lurker and enjoyed some of the memories being described, including your contributions. But the inevitable happened, hence my comment.

FWIW In enjoy most of what I read in here; even the stuff that I don't agree with can often be entertaining. The bit I don't enjoy is what the Op mentioned, i.e. when the same few topics keep reappearing, and then the same characters get stuck in the same trenches. It becomes mind numbingly predictable.

Soggy has come on here saying his bit, on the second post on the thread he started! some absolutely entitled to respond.