January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

The Ings links have started again. Can't see it tbh and if we're going to go down, I'd rather have Adams than Ings.

It would be both. They worked together really well and would be a massive boost. I know we have to suck it up a bit but he has the talent and PL experience to get some goals

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dman said:

Came the the realisation that Larios is way to small to cut it in the PL?

What height do you need to be to ride this rollercoaster? Hes the same height as Aaron Cresswell and bigger than the likes of Rico Lewis and Tariq Lamptey. Teams may try and target that, but if they're good enough a player it wont really matter. As an ever present in City's youth sides the last few seasons and with caps for Spain under 19, hes on a decent trajectory

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DT said:

Messi: five foot seven

Doesn't play at the back but otherwise obviously a hugely well thought out comparison!

Lets be honest though left back is the least of our worries we need someone who takes his chances better than any of the current strikers and if Jones is staying then he needs to be a 6ft2 tank!

4 minutes ago, a1ex2001 said:

Lets be honest though left back is the least of our worries we need someone who takes his chances better than any of the current strikers and if Jones is staying then he needs to be a 6ft2 tank!

Left back is another position that we have below par players. If, after about the fifth go, we can finally sign one that is top notch, you'll have zero complaints from me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tdmickey3 said:

Doesn’t exactly reek of a confident manager who feels he knows exactly how he’s getting us out of this mess, does it. 

Basically just begging the crowd not to turn on him if we don’t win tomorrow night.

Rabbit in the headlights. 

4 hours ago, Pamplemousse said:

Nice bit of spoonfed info to the Telegraph from the club "at least we tried"

Just sign some players first PLEASE

Hope it isn't this... But sadly feel like it is. We try to do all our business, "quietly" after all, and we have tended to use the telegraph as a press/PR mouthpeice historically. 

https://www.germanijak.hr/nogomet/vijesti/orsic-nije-s-momcadi-u-rovinju-odlazi-u-klub-s-dna-premiershipa-ovaj-tjedan-na-lijecnickom/108001

Good player and importantly, good goal record for a wide player.

Seems like a deal that would make sense as probably affordable to keep if we do go down.

Article says he has not travelled for a training camp due to transfer talks but does say sources in England think there is a medical this week, although haven't seen any UK reports of that.

Edited by Dusic

2 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

I hope he can scalp together the money to get ings. If there’s even a tiny follicle chance of him scoring goals we should take it. He’s head and shoulders above anyone in our team. He just scores goals I can’t put it as bald as that. 

If he was scoring goals Villa wouldn't be considering selling him - that's always assuming they are which I doubt.

2 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Looks like there's legs to this one.

Much rather us take this approach with a player who's been regularly scoring goals and is in his peak years with the predicament we're in.

the messing around with West Brom and Burnley does worry me slightly, still though, sounds like a good player for a fair price leaving us sorted for wingers. Striker, midfielder and goalkeeper more important though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DT said:

What we need is someone GOOD to play alongside Che to counteract his shitness. Basically, I should be manager.

I might be able to endorse your application currently, four initial questions * - Are you extremely Welsh? Are you a former Yeovil Town star? Do you like players whose attributes include being ‘wonderful’  and ‘agressive’? Have you ever used the term ‘daftee’ whilst posing as a charity worker on a public message board? 

* Former applicants need not apply. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Looks like there's legs to this one.

Much rather us take this approach with a player who's been regularly scoring goals and is in his peak years with the predicament we're in.

Looking at youtube (its never let me down and is 100% reliable), its a yes from me, seems to play on the right and cut in, although he scored a worldie on the left with croatia v morrocco. 

Actually seems like he can kick with his other foot as well.

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

If we sign him, Beto and Alaczar that will complete the hat-trick of top top players i've never heard of before 2pm today.

I've been watching them for many, many um minutes

• Haha 2

Fairplay on Orisc these are his stats

He was Dinamo's best scorer in every competition.

2022/23: Oršić 13
2021/22: Oršić 20
2020/21: Oršić 24
2019/20: Oršić 21
2018/19: Oršić 13

He played 216 games for Dinamo and scored 91 goals. with 40 assists

In 70 European games, he scored 28 goals and registered 11 assists.

Giving me Dusan the great vibes

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 2

It's refreshing to see us looking at 'older' players though, which seems a weird thing to say. This guy has pedigree no doubts, I remember Burnley fans getting very excited about signing him last January.

Has Tadic vibes about him, provides a good goal threat from wide areas. Intelligence is what we're crying out for more than blistering pace and skill in these areas, this guy looks like he fits that somewhat.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

It's refreshing to see us looking at 'older' players though, which seems a weird thing to say. This guy has pedigree no doubts, I remember Burnley fans getting very excited about signing him last January.

Has Tadic vibes about him, provides a good goal threat from wide areas. Intelligence is what we're crying out for more than blistering pace and skill in these areas, this guy looks like he fits that somewhat.

Orsic one side and Edozie on the other. Got a bit of everything there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toussaint said:

To be fair, put in to context, this is the actual quote 

But you can’t change the absolute direction of a football club in a few weeks. With the greatest respect, I want to manage expectations here.”

Has anyone told him that he's here to manage the team!?

1 hour ago, SotonianWill said:

Apparently it’s us. 

Judging by his skills videos this guy has some shot on him and sticks everything in the top or bottom corner. Maybe if he comes he could each Che how to do it. Some cracking goals and hardly any tap-ins.

Edited by saintant
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, saintant said:

Judging by his skills videos his guy has some shot on him and sticks everything in the top or bottom corner. Maybe if he comes he could each Che how to do it. Some cracking goals and hardly any tap-ins.

Well we definitely need someone that can score out of nothing, we havent got anyone in our squad this season who is capable

• Like 2