January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

12 minutes ago, egg said:

Quite. Some people seem to think that buying players is like ordering something from Amazon. 

Or playing Football Manager!

Regardless of being bottom of the league or not we are a fair way down the pecking order when players consider a move to us, and they want to ensure that other options aren’t possible first, leaving us to wait until the end of the transfer window. Moffi was an example, we clearly wanted him but he has received a better option (in his opinion).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, saintant said:

Think he'd be a disaster - Bambi on ice.

I don't see how Zapata could pass a medical, unless it was as dodgy as his legs.

Recent Injury history:

22/23 Hip problems Jan 19, 2023 Jan 27, 2023 8 days 2Atalanta BC
22/23 Bruised Knee Jan 4, 2023 Jan 8, 2023 4 days 1Atalanta BC
22/23 Hamstring Injury Sep 1, 2022 Oct 21, 2022 50 days 7Atalanta BC
21/22 Muscular problems May 2, 2022 May 11, 2022 9 days 2Atalanta BC
21/22 Pulled hamstring at the adductors Feb 7, 2022 Apr 2, 2022 54 days 11Atalanta BC
21/22 Muscular problems Dec 21, 2021 Feb 5, 2022 46 days 5Atalanta BC
21/22 Sprain Aug 19, 2021 Sep 11, 2021 23 days 3Atalanta BC
20/21 Contracture Feb 24, 2021 Mar 2, 2021 6 days 2Atalanta BC
19/20 Tear in the abductor muscle Oct 12, 2019 Dec 30, 2019 79 days 14Atalanta BC

Not a twitter user but thought I would have a look. First standout, JWP is all but signed for United, £40m. There is reply after reply lapping this up.

Been seen in Manchester, had his profile removed from our squad on our official site, amongst other nonsense claims.

That place is nuts, people just seeking attention. Hard to wade through the shit to actually get any proper info. Think I will stick to the updates on here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wooley7 said:

Not a twitter user but thought I would have a look. First standout, JWP is all but signed for United, £40m. There is reply after reply lapping this up.

Been seen in Manchester, had his profile removed from our squad on our official site, amongst other nonsense claims.

That place is nuts, people just seeking attention. Hard to wade through the shit to actually get any proper info. Think I will stick to the updates on here.

...Which all come from Twitter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

How dare you, we are a fact finding commune of football fans who diligently research our links before posting them here along with providing insightful scouting analysis.

At least with the updates on here there is a little filtering. Most of twitter seems to be a wind up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

Getting difficult trying to keep up to date and doing my day job, I need 3 hands. 1 for the mobile, one for actions and one for F5'ing my tablet.

Ooooohhhhh, 1st world problems hey.

bro 1 for actions, we know what that is master bates !!!!!!

Gave up working at 9.30am today

Edited by Convict Colony

6 minutes ago, wooley7 said:

Exactly, people saying this not being reported anywhere, followed by photo shop proof of this or that. Just utter nonsense, don’t really get it.

It’s a strange place, but the appeal of Twitter is there are genuine reputable sources for whom Twitter is the first outlet they use. Sky Sports News are way behind any genuine news about transfers these days, as people with good contacts are a direct source now instead of reporting their news to Sky etc. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

You just follow people you trust. Twitter itself is not a problem 

Like I said haven’t really ever used it, just searched under #saintsfc and it’s a mess. That was really my point, better seeing the filtered updates on here rather than trying to navigate twitter. 

1 minute ago, goodymatt said:

If both these deals do go through, don’t think we can argue. We’re not yet in the position to attract the Gakpo/Ramos/Vitinha types but we are adding pace, power and goals. Decent business!

Cautiously I would agree. It's a real shame we couldn't have got either in earlier in the window but IF (big if) we have got them both then that represents good business and a genuine attempt by the club to stave off relegation.

• Like 3