January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Absolutely nothing to do with Nathan Jones but sports Republic will absolutely deserve some kudos. 

So a player doesnt take into account the manager. So all this 'underwhelming appointment' bollox Ive been reading actually means nothing lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, OldNick said:

So a player doesnt take into account the manager. So all this 'underwhelming appointment' bollox Ive been reading actually means nothing lol

I think irrespective of any NJ involvement, you have to say that SR have really done a great job if these deals come off.  Puts a load of pressure onto NJ and the team though - our Prem survival is now completely in their hands with the support provided.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, OldNick said:

He said himself his work was done in terms of affirmation. He will deservedly get the credit when he starts winning in the league and we get out of the relegation zone. I look forward to it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

We've called for money to be spent without sales for years now. This season will be around £140-145million spent with only £5.5million brought in. 

Hopefully the gamble pays off.

If we do get these two in and miraculous stay up, I'd expect us to be comfortable mid table next year. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

I think irrespective of any NJ involvement, you have to say that SR have really done a great job if these deals come off.  Puts a load of pressure onto NJ and the team though - our Prem survival is now completely in their hands with the support provided.

No. That is too generous. This job should have been done in the summer. But, they will ultimately have done it now when it really mattered - so fair play for that. I don't think anyone can doubt they're investment / backing of the team. It is fantastic to finally have owners that are intent on putting money into the club and who have an active plan to improve us. All said with the caveat that i hope this doesn't leave us financially stricken if it all goes wrong!

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, saintant said:

Whatever anyone thinks of NJ and whether he has any input on transfers he has been banging the drum about getting more height, pace and power into the team and he's spot on for me.

Would anyone else have said any different? I'd have said that was incredibly obvious. 

Just now, Saint Fan CaM said:

Anyone else concerned that the signing of Onuachu signals more hoofball or are we all agreed it doesn't matter how we stay up?

We aren't currently good enough to play out from the back so we more or less have to hoof it. Let's at least have someone to aim at who might win a few headers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Anyone else concerned that the signing of Onuachu signals more hoofball or are we all agreed it doesn't matter how we stay up?

Currently we are rubbish and we miss easy chances. If we revert to hoof ball and it keeps us up then I don't see how anyone can complain. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

See if you can find it cause I can't 

A quick search of Gif sites has proved fruitless. But I'll keep looking even if it takes me the rest of my life, an inflated right bicep and a divorce.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Currently we are rubbish and we miss easy chances. If we revert to hoof ball and it keeps us up then I don't see how anyone can complain. 

We could win the quadruple and our fans would be whinging about our "lack of ambition" and "cheap board"

2 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

A quick search of Gif sites has proved fruitless. But I'll keep looking even if it takes me the rest of my life, an inflated right bicep and a divorce.

I probably shouldn't have searched "masterbates big tits gif" on my work laptop. Slightly concerned now.

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, saintant said:

Any views on our strongest X1 if we get these two across the line?

Baz

KWP        ABK       CC      RP

Lav

JWP           Charly

Sully                               Orsic

Onuacho

I have actually seen both Sully and Onuacho play but it was a while back and I can't honestly remember thinking TCDAJFU but I'm going to assume they've both developed. I kinda deduct points for anyone playing in the Danish Superliga based on the fact it's a bit 'sedate'. Edozie gets in when he figures out his end product.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

He said himself his work was done in terms of affirmation. He will deservedly get the credit when he starts winning in the league and we get out of the relegation zone. I look forward to it. 

Assuming these 2 x deals happen and with the other 3, do you think NJ will create a team that will get us out of trouble bearing in mind we are 2 points from safety and have pretty much half the season left? 

Looks like the signings are very much the type of players that he has asked for so it will be interesting how we develop as a team now he has the parts needed. 

1 minute ago, wild-saint said:

Assuming these 2 x deals happen and with the other 3, do you think NJ will create a team that will get us out of trouble bearing in mind we are 2 points from safety and have pretty much half the season left? 

Looks like the signings are very much the type of players that he has asked for so it will be interesting how we develop as a team now he has the parts needed. 

I think it will be a bit too late unfortunately but it certainly gives us a better chance. The new signings will have to make a pretty immediate impact and Jones can't be doing what he's done with the others and not play them. I would start them both at Brentford. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grezz said:

Baz

KWP        ABK       CC      RP

Lav

JWP           Charly

Sully                               Orsic

Onuacho

I have actually seen both Sully and Onuacho play but it was a while back and I can't honestly remember thinking TCDAJFU but I'm going to assume they've both developed. I kinda deduct points for anyone playing in the Danish Superliga based on the fact it's a bit 'sedate'. Edozie gets in when he figures out his end product.

Almost the same for me. I had Salisu in for DCC. Don’t really mind either way.

• Like 1