January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

4 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

If both these deals do go through, don’t think we can argue. We’re not yet in the position to attract the Gakpo/Ramos/Vitinha types but we are adding pace, power and goals. Decent business!

I would argue we could have been in summer but less so now.

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

Weird that DT spends all day every day on here moaning about us not buying anyone and then on the biggest transfer day of the season when we look like agreeing deals he's nowhere to be seen.

In fairness, I imagine some people would prefer to comment when the deals are actually done for obvious reasons. 

• Like 1

Weird that DT spends all day every day on here moaning about us not buying anyone and then on the biggest transfer day of the season when we look like agreeing deals he's nowhere to be seen.

Probably travelling from Austria to Newcastle for the game tonight..? ;)

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

In fairness, I imagine some people would prefer to comment when the deals are actually done for obvious reasons. 

In fairness I imagine some people would prefer it if he didn't comment at all until the transfer window closes.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The Cat said:

and you're complaining about that!! bleeding glorious imo..........as long as he's ok of course

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Two tricky wingers (as well as Orsic once he adapts a little further), the best set-piece taker in the world and a 6'7 striker really does sound like a shithouse your way to staying up blueprint.

I would take it though for a while as long as saw a few wins!

Hopefully now everyone can put the past behind them and get behind the manager and team for the rest of the season. It isn’t going to come instantly and it will be one titanic struggle but if everyone stops the bitching ( including NJ ) and gets behind the club we might, just might stay up. 

UTS !! 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Wow, if we pull this off no complaints at all. A striker and a creative player, £40m spent on deadline day, near on £60m in January. Quite incredible for us really.

'with all due respect' I think the fanbase need to start showing some respect to SR and NJ..... if this comes off of course

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Wow, if we pull this off no complaints at all. A striker and a creative player, £40m spent on deadline day, near on £60m in January. Quite incredible for us really.

And thankfully still within sniffing distance of safety. Maybe all is not lost after all 

29 minutes ago, whelk said:

Do people still book days off to be glued to SSN?

I booked it off to hang around outside the stadium but there's no one from Sky here so now I'm going to have to wander around the general St Mary's and Northam area carrying the giant inflatable penis I was planning on waving behind the reporter.

Will let you know what reaction that gets from the locals later.

• Haha 2

Just now, The Cat said:

I booked it off to hang around outside the stadium but there's no one from Sky here so now I'm going to have to wander around the general St Mary's and Northam area carrying the giant inflatable penis I was planning on waving behind the reporter.

Where did you get a blow up figure of Westwood from

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, OldNick said:

'with all due respect' I think the fanbase need to start showing some respect to SR and NJ..... if this comes off of course

Why NJ? “With all due respect” this has nothing to do with him. 

Until they’re holding a saints shirt I won’t get my hopes up (although looks promising) and Until I see them actually play, I won’t expect too much. 

Let’s wait and see is my view point. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I think you need to be at Staplewood, 

• Like 1

Just now, Dman said:

Why NJ? “With all due respect” this has nothing to do with him. 

Until they’re holding a saints shirt I won’t get my hopes up (although looks promising) and Until I see them actually play, I won’t expect too much. 

Let’s wait and see is my view point. 

well if it was Ralph, or Poch or Koeman we would laud them as a draw to the club so why not a passionate call by NJ telling them his plan?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Only way this deadline day could get better after Onuachu is if we sign a decent experienced keeper on loan or something. 

As I put to Derry earlier 'Crikey you are worse than my daughter when ordering Chinese take away when she is not paying for 'Ill have a bit of this, oh and that, don't forget to get that as well'

So many transfer links I don't know where to look!

Bikini Googly Eyes GIF by audreyobscura

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Only way this deadline day could get better after Onuachu is if we sign a decent experienced keeper on loan or something. 

Yep. I still think we haven't addressed the lack of DM for if Lavia gets injured again but I guess we just have to hope he stays fit for the rest of the season. At least if we bring Sulemana and Onuachu in we've given ourselves the best chance of survival which is all we could really ask for. Other clubs haven't been so busy.

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Absolutely nothing to do with Nathan Jones but sports Republic will absolutely deserve some kudos. 

We've called for money to be spent without sales for years now. This season will be around £140-145million spent with only £5.5million brought in. 

Hopefully the gamble pays off.

• Like 1

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Absolutely nothing to do with Nathan Jones but sports Republic will absolutely deserve some kudos. 

We've called for money to be spent without sales for years now. This season will be around £140-145million spent with only £5.5million brought in. 

Hopefully the gamble pays off.

• Like 2