January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

4 minutes ago, wild-saint said:

Assuming these 2 x deals happen and with the other 3, do you think NJ will create a team that will get us out of trouble bearing in mind we are 2 points from safety and have pretty much half the season left? 

Looks like the signings are very much the type of players that he has asked for so it will be interesting how we develop as a team now he has the parts needed. 

Absolutely, this will keep us up without a doubt.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, grezz said:

Baz

KWP        ABK       CC      RP

Lav

JWP           Charly

Sully                               Orsic

Onuacho

I have actually seen both Sully and Onuacho play but it was a while back and I can't honestly remember thinking TCDAJFU but I'm going to assume they've both developed. I kinda deduct points for anyone playing in the Danish Superliga based on the fact it's a bit 'sedate'. Edozie gets in when he figures out his end product.

The best bit about that lineup is it removes midfield trash like Mo, Diallo, Armstrong etc from the starting lineup. It looks much better. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, petermcpete said:

Lavia       JWP

Edozie            Alcaraz           Sulemana

Onuachu

Strongest midfield/forward line? 

If Bednarek and the Luton bloke can make the defence a little bit better, that will give us a much better chance. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, grezz said:

Baz

KWP        ABK       CC      RP

Lav

JWP           Charly

Sully                               Orsic

Onuacho

I have actually seen both Sully and Onuacho play but it was a while back and I can't honestly remember thinking TCDAJFU but I'm going to assume they've both developed. I kinda deduct points for anyone playing in the Danish Superliga based on the fact it's a bit 'sedate'. Edozie gets in when he figures out his end product.

That right hand side is rapid 😳

Don’t forget if we get any of these over the line. We have Mane time. The new players may have a nervy start. So the fans will boo him. Why did we buy him ? He’s rubbish we never heard of him. Sports Republic don’t know what they are doing. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, manji said:

Don’t forget if we get any of these over the line. We have Mane time. The new players may have a nervy start. So the fans will boo him. Why did we buy him ? He’s rubbish we never heard of him. Sports Republic don’t know what they are doing. 

In here after having a quiet first half of their debuts

get-this-piece-of-garbage-out-of-my-sigh

15 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Ralph must be f-ing fuming

Why ? 
He got Bazunu, KWP, ABK, Salisu, Perraud, Lavia, Adams, Diallo, Edozie, Larios, Livramento, A Armstrong, Walcott, Djenepo, Lyanco, Arribo, Mara, DCC 

Are these all players he didn’t want ? 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, benjii said:

Funny that we finally spend a tonne of money but have a poundshop manager.

Do we? Because Jones and his coaching staff had just signed 5 year contracts only a few months before coming to us. We'd have had to have stump up for compensation for them all. Whether you like Jones or not, the notion that he's somehow the cheap option is total crap.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

I'm confident enough in our business being completed I am going to laugh at the everton forum, those dugouts werent the draw that they hoped

Hmm. I found this on there and now i am not so smug....

I suppose, unlike Che, he did ultimately score.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

A man after my own heart 😍

Ok am back they are so depressed cos they dont know who to blame, its like this forum at 1pm today.

Kenwright who owns only 2% is taking some grief, mosihiri who has spent more money than god cant be blamed about the investment but more that he's wasted it, the players, the scouting, the director of football they are all getting blamed but there is no focal point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

Ok am back they are so depressed cos they dont know who to blame, its like this forum at 1pm today.

Kenwright who owns only 2% is taking some grief, mosihiri who has spent more money than god cant be blamed about the investment but more that he's wasted it, the players, the scouting, the director of football they are all getting blamed but there is no focal point.

Has there ever been a side that spent so much and yet get relegated?

• Like 1

Looks like Ryan Fraser's off to 15th placed Hull in the Championship. I wasn't particularly enthused when he was linked with us, but his reputation's gone right downhill if that's his best option.

Karma for what he did to Bournemouth.

Hopefully we sign both Sulemana and Onuachu whose names I have to keep searching for to ensure I'm spelling right. We've already seen Alacaraz looks exciting, Orsic not so much and Bree a squad option. Two World Cup players, three internationals. Impressive when we're 20th. What we need, rather than the quantity over quality signings we've made in the past.

Then you think Everton were linked to three of the players we could potentially have at the end of this window and at the moment they look like they're ending up with nobody and they're our closest rivals. If you're still bitter regarding the dugouts like me, have some fun reading this thread: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/ff-protest-at-1900-tonight.117009/

• Like 2