Quality Street

Lighthouse

Since the festive season is on the way, what's your preference? This is the correct answer but feel free to add your own inaccurate musings.

1. Orange Cream
  2. Strawberry Cream
  3. Orange Crunch
  4. Fudge Fondant
  5. Truffle Block
  6. Toffee Finger
  7. Toffee Penny
  8. Caramel Cup
  9. Coconut Eclair
  10. Honeycomb Crunch
  11. Hazelnut Triangle
  12. Hazelnut Caramel
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Since the festive season is on the way, what's your preference? This is the correct answer but feel free to add your own inaccurate musings.

1. Orange Cream
  2. Strawberry Cream
  3. Orange Crunch
  4. Fudge Fondant
  5. Truffle Block
  6. Toffee Finger
  7. Toffee Penny
  8. Caramel Cup
  9. Coconut Eclair
  10. Honeycomb Crunch
  11. Hazelnut Triangle
  12. Hazelnut Caramel

tbf you have pretty much nailed it, except honeycomb crunch which goes straight in the bin. 

Edited by buctootim

13 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

1. Orange Cream
  2. Strawberry Cream
  3. Orange Crunch
  4. Fudge Fondant
  5. Truffle Block
  6. Toffee Finger
  7. Toffee Penny
  8. Caramel Cup
  9. Coconut Eclair
  10. Honeycomb Crunch
  11. Hazelnut Triangle
  12. Hazelnut Caramel

Sorry. Your numbers 1,2 and 3 are numbers 10, 11 and 12 in our house.

Is there a market for a service that swaps people's Quality Street? eg Our leftover Orange Creams could be swapped for your Coconut Eclairs?

22 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

1. Orange Cream
  2. Strawberry Cream
  3. Orange Crunch
  4. Fudge Fondant
  5. Truffle Block
  6. Toffee Finger
  7. Toffee Penny
  8. Caramel Cup
  9. Coconut Eclair
  10. Honeycomb Crunch
  11. Hazelnut Triangle
  12. Hazelnut Caramel

I’m assuming 1 is the worst and 12 is the best. It’s the only way your list makes any sense.

• Like 3

The creams are the best and toffee penny is shit, partly because it lacks chocolate but also because it has the potential to remove a filling.

How about ranking the tubs of chocolate from best to worst?

1. Quality Street

2. Heroes

3. Roses

4. Celebrations

Edited by The Cat

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Good shout cat, I’d broadly agree with that. If I want celebrations, I’ll just buy a full size Twix, Mars or Milky Way.

Next list:

1. Yule Log/choc roulade
  2. Mince Pies
  3. Xmas cake
  4. Xmas pudding
  5. Trifle
  6. Panettone

I'd eat all of that, but reverse that list. I love pannetone, and trifle is the pudding of kings. 

3 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Good shout cat, I’d broadly agree with that. If I want celebrations, I’ll just buy a full size Twix, Mars or Milky Way.

Next list:

1. Yule Log/choc roulade
  2. Mince Pies
  3. Xmas cake
  4. Xmas pudding
  5. Trifle
  6. Panettone

Trifle

Yule Log

Mince Pies

Panettone

Xmas pudding

Xmas Cake

On 03/11/2022 at 17:09, Lighthouse said:

1. Orange Cream
  2. Strawberry Cream
  3. Orange Crunch
  4. Fudge Fondant
  5. Truffle Block
  6. Toffee Finger
  7. Toffee Penny
  8. Caramel Cup
  9. Coconut Eclair
  10. Honeycomb Crunch
  11. Hazelnut Triangle
  12. Hazelnut Caramel

Your list is a bit out of date. Truffle block replaced with milk chocolate block and honeycomb crunch replaced with lemon zing.

You can buy a personalized tin, choosing your favourite flavours, direct from the makers (and with your name on the lid).

39 minutes ago, Picard said:

Your list is a bit out of date. Truffle block replaced with milk chocolate block and honeycomb crunch replaced with lemon zing.

You can buy a personalized tin, choosing your favourite flavours, direct from the makers (and with your name on the lid).

Ordered! No sign of lemon zing though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Picard said:

Didn't realise that was a thing. Thank you. Will order one in - nice to have a tin without the creams, toffee penny or the fake bounty. 

4 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

I was hoping to order a tin with just purple ones but you have to select 6 different types.

A tin of them, the triangles and the green block would have been my ideal for me. Cracking idea though.

I was never a fan of Quality Street as a kid but as they were the only thing around on special occasions I made the best of it. The only ones I could remember properly without google (probably the last time I had any was back in the 70’s) were the green triangle, the penny shaped toffee and the finger. I’m much happier with Heroes or Celebrations but whoever thought it was a good idea to remove the Bounty should be fired! Thinking back, there often used to be a box of Black Magic around which is probably where I got my love of dark chocolate and marzipan from and I much preferred their different choices.

Going off at a tangent, I really don’t like Cadbury’s Crème Eggs. They are just way too sweet and it makes my teeth go on edge just thinking about them. I don’t know if they still make them but there used to be something with a similarly super sweet filling, Fry’s Chocolate Cream, which was also on my avoid list.

Edited by sadoldgit
Add text

48 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I was never a fan of Quality Street as a kid but as they were the only thing around on special occasions I made the best of it. The only ones I could remember properly without google (probably the last time I had any was back in the 70’s) were the green triangle, the penny shaped toffee and the finger. I’m much happier with Heroes or Celebrations but whoever thought it was a good idea to remove the Bounty should be fired! Thinking back, there often used to be a box of Black Magic around which is probably where I got my love of dark chocolate and marzipan from and I much preferred their different choices.

Going off at a tangent, I really don’t like Cadbury’s Crème Eggs. They are just way too sweet and it makes my teeth go on edge just thinking about them. I don’t know if they still make them but there used to be something with a similarly super sweet filling, Fry’s Chocolate Cream, which was also on my avoid list.

Creme Egg is OK now and then, but as you say, very sickly/sweet.

One box of chocolates I cannot have, is Terrys All Gold

However, xmas is never xmas without a chocolate orange 😁

32 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

A chocolate orange is my favourite fruit at Christmas. Don't quite do 5 a day though. With you on Terry's all gold. Shocking box of chocolates, but not as bad as dairy box. 

On 06/11/2022 at 12:42, AlexLaw76 said:

Bit of a relic, as a 1970's classic.