Southampton store and online closed

saint lard

20 minutes ago, bangkoksaint said:

It can’t be as calamitous as when we ended up producing our own kit! The quality was shocking. 

I disagree, the 14/15 kit wasn’t that bad. And actually I think the 15/16 kit was my favourite (adidas I think).

Rather we produced our own again than have another kit as crummy as this seasons.

They were a complete and utter shambles this time last year as well. I ordered my Grandson a kit for Xmas in the middle of Nov & it still hadn’t arrived 4 days before Xmas. I chased and chased it, we just wanted to know if it was coming (because we’d have got him something else). They kept saying it was but in the end I had to kick off with the club. To be fair to them, they arranged for us to pick one up from the shop, and it was free of charge. The ordered one eventually arrived in Jan.  They apologised profusely & said they had issues with the online  partners but they’d be sorted for this year. Clearly not. Shocking fucking service….

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

They were a complete and utter shambles this time last year as well. I ordered my Grandson a kit for Xmas in the middle of Nov & it still hadn’t arrived 4 days before Xmas. I chased and chased it, we just wanted to know if it was coming (because we’d have got him something else). They kept saying it was but in the end I had to kick off with the club. To be fair to them, they arranged for us to pick one up from the shop, and it was free of charge. The ordered one eventually arrived in Jan.  They apologised profusely & said they had issues with the online  partners but they’d be sorted for this year. Clearly not. Shocking fucking service….

Same with a delivery this year. I know it might not be the club's fault, but the delivery company they use is absolute bollocks. Lying about trying to deliver the ordered stuff, taking blurred pics of my supposed driveway and then claiming they couldn't find the address. Shit show all round.

2 hours ago, dronskisaint said:

Sounds like it's Hummel that's in trouble...affecting a number of other clubs too. Terrible time of year to be closing the shops and online store .

Don't think it's hummel, it's an outsourced distribution company, probably thought we'd save a few quid using them but another poor commercial decision. 

I remember the LD Sports shirts that became obsolete as the company didn't exist, more great due diligence that was - never been properly explained by Semmens. Ended up making more kits (Not UA) probably lost money on them

• Like 3

The commercial department is a bit of a joke. From one shit show to another whether it’s kit being late/or bad quality, getting a drink at a game, large numbers of opposition fans in the home areas, £500 hospitality tickets that don’t sell out (no surprise, the team has still been shit), sponsorships that fall through or don’t pay…and on to the next mistakes.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

You mean when Cortese was in charge?

No not when Cortese was in charge. Then we had Virtually zero income from corporate revenue, an adidas template kit that you could buy with out the saints badge on for £15, a sponsorship deal with the largest recruitment company In Chilworth, a training ground worth £20m that cost £40m and was 2 years late, hundreds of thousands of pounds spent in out of court settlements. Shall I go on? 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, St Chalet said:

Is Plan B to get the first team to work in the shop whilst we are on a world cup break?

Adam Armstrong would get a bad back from all the times he’d try to give you your change but miss your hand and have to pick it up off the floor. Lots of the stock wouldn’t make the shop floor as the midfield wouldn’t be strong enough to carry the boxes from the stock room.

• Haha 2

how to spot a Wind up Twitter account.

look at the "Joined" date. 

Look to see if their profile image is used anywhere else, or has a watermark stamp across it.

Look to see how many people they have following or are following.

image.png.03dbd8870ced7223cb89e201fc2bb83b.pngVisual search query image

image.thumb.png.88bdf820ac97d9ecbe4196b393576b42.png

Edited by Nolan
  • Like 2

On 27/11/2022 at 08:24, Weston Super Saint said:

Surely their contract of sale is with Elite Sports Group and not the club?  

Depends where they purchased it. If they purchased it via the club website then the contact is with the club. Obviously if they got it direct from ESG then it's with them.

The best product I bought from the Saints Store was the large umbrella. Black with the Saints emblem in gold. Looked quite classy. I liked it so much that when it got stuck in my golf bag, I sawed the bag in half to salvage the brolly - sadly, I also sawed through some of the spokes. Now, I don't think they even sell oversized brollies.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

The best product I bought from the Saints Store was the large umbrella. Black with the Saints emblem in gold. Looked quite classy. I liked it so much that when it got stuck in my golf bag, I sawed the bag in half to salvage the brolly - sadly, I also sawed through some of the spokes. Now, I don't think they even sell oversized brollies.

I’m guessing you sawed through the cloth too 😳

if you are emotionally attached beyond grief these could fix it for you - you might need to get a firm grip on the top of your trousers before enquiring 😂

https://www.foxumbrellas.com/blogs/news-and-information/umbrella-repairs-and-restorations