Brentford 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

4 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Just when yoiu thought things could not get any worse............

Blimey. Is he saying he actually wants to play long ball football, but because players want to pass it and the fans expect to see passing football he has not got players to smash it long more? 

• Like 1

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

Well our fans aren't exactly the most patient and supportive bunch are they? Jones needs to go but the fans do not help matters.

If you consider the performance of our club over the last year, you might consider changing that statement. I'd say the fans have been very patient.

• Like 9

Just now, Chez said:

Blimey. Is he saying he actually wants to play long ball football, but because players want to pass it and the fans expect to see passing football he has not got players to smash it long more? 

If long ball ugly football gets results then I'm all for it. I couldn't care less what style of football it plays if the results come in.

• Like 1

To be fair on jones he doesnt want to be this shit either so the real accountability lies on the danish puppet master.

Hope jones does something drastic regarding selection and tactics after this game v wolves, have a free hit son and see if your way works and if its more of the same then see you dude

Just now, sfc4prem said:

If you consider the performance of our club over the last year, you might consider changing that statement. I'd say the fans have been very patient.

Yeah, boo'ing the manager after 10 minutes of his first game in charge. Very patient. Even when things are going well - One misplaced pass and it's moans and groans. It's the Premier League syndrome. Brentford fans were at it today - 3-0 up, playing beyond their wildest dreams (in general I mean, not specifically today) and then whinging about a misplaced pass.

Never used to be like this in The Championship, even when things were bad.

1 minute ago, OttawaSaint said:

90th out of 92 last year. I wonder why fans are frustrated...

There's being frustrated and then there's throwing your toys out of the pram as soon as the slightest little thing goes wrong. You think players don't have Facebook and see the negative comments about them before they've even put on a shirt? Bree for example. Hardly going to help is it?

• Haha 2

That interview was very bizarre. He sounds like a man who has totally lost the plot and is grabbing at straws to justify his existence as our manager and to explain why this team doesn’t perform.

I honestly think someone at the Club needs to sit down with him and ask him If he needs help from a mental health point of view. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

Dreadful - Wolves could be an interesting afternoon.

If that goes to form it will be toxic.

Jones just bigged himself up and said "I've listened too much to other people, I need to do my own thing"

Says he's going to do things his way now.

It was shit when he was doing his thing as well

• Like 3

It does seem a bit pointless reviewing the game really, as it was just groundhog day with the same mistakes. We started passively with no real intent with that 11, we weren't really under much threat for 40mins but neither did we trouble Brentford in any way. Then we collapse and give away two goals in a min, and that's that.

You'd expect a reaction in the second half, and there was a loose reaction. We had the trademark Adams miss from close range, but didn't really trouble them enough even after the break. But it was all a bit hopeless by that point.

Diallo, as has been said so many times, is one of the worst CM's to ever play for us. An absolute fraud of a footballer. Elyounoussi ditto, what is frightening is that we seemingly have a contract on the table for this guy - can someone sneak into SMS and rip it up before he see's it? This guy is the worst attacking player we've ever had.

There are some decent players here, there are the tools to make this work in my opinion, but they just look shot. They've looked shot for at least a year now and I'm really not sure what the consistent factor in all of this is. I'd argue that Jones has come in and has managed to make a bad situation 10x worse, but these players do need to take a good portion of shit as well - they've been throwing this level in for so long now, under multiple managers. The likes of JWP, Salisu, Bednarek, Adams, Diallo, Perraud need to have a long hard look at themselves really, they have been part of the worst team in English football.

• Like 2

Just now, Turkish said:

What did he say?

we must do better, we will learn, we’ve let everyone down etc

Don't need to listen to it really, it will surely follow the script.

''This is a wake up call''  ''We've got to learn from this''  ''We can't let our levels slip''

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

His tracksuit accidentally opening to reveal...what was that...a pom*ey badge?

I know this is wacky conspiracy territory but if someone was to write a script for a movie where the storyline was: "Double agent becomes owner and/or manager of rival club and takes them down" how different would that make-believe script look to what is happening to us now...? Answer: it wouldn't...

Edited by trousers
  • Like 4

I wonder if some of it is the players hearing his tactics and thinking "nah, that might work on a quagmire pitch in Grimsby in the rain but we'll play our own way". Trouble is, if they're not all on board or the formation is a mess it manifests in an even bigger mess. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

If he actually does play "his way" and it works then fair enough. I'm happy to eat a slice of humble pie and I'm happy to have a back 5 with hoofball IF it works...But it almost certainly won't work.

Knowing "his way" from his Luton days and him saying we're going back to it is exactly the reason we should be sacking him now. Going down playing long ball hoofball. It's all so embarrassing. But knowing that we will probably keep him, and knowing that he will resort to his way of long ball, 3 at the back hoofball, then yes, if he does keep us up I will absolutely eat a slice of humble pie. In fact I'd eat the whole pie and a side of peas.

In fact if he keeps us up I'd get a tattoo of him on my butt. There I said it. And I don't even have any tattoos. Nathan Jones on my butt forever.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Never used to be like this in The Championship, even when things were bad.

The difference being, when it was bad in the championship, the fans just didn't turn up. 

It's 14 years almost to the day when we lost at home to Sheffield United 1-2, midweek and just 13,257 ( I doubt it was that many if truth be told) of us attended and if you think there weren't a few unhappy fans at the end when Jamie Ward scored in the 90th minute, you are kidding yourself. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Don't need to listen to it really, it will surely follow the script.

''This is a wake up call''  ''We've got to learn from this''  ''We can't let our levels slip''

I'd of thought we would have moved onto the "lets not kid ourselves, we are bottom of the league for a reason" 'we need to turn things around and quickly"  "this is going to be a fight right until the end of the season" etc etc.

• Like 1