Brentford 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

It's like having a car, keeps breaking down, unreliable, making you late for work. 

You have plenty of cash to get a new one, one that's in your price range and known to be not flash but reliable. Will get you from A to B no problem.

But then you try to look clever, you buy a piece of junk with different colored panels and an exhaust the bilges thick black smoke from a one eyed meth addict called Colin.

Imagine, if I manage to get that running and arrive early to work. Everyone will be so impressed. I'll get a shiny medal and an award at work!

Anyone can buy a Toyota like Steve in accounting, but I'm built differently!

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Chez said:

Tall Paul has not won a single header since he came on and we have hit it long in the air to him a lot. He looks slow. A couple of nice passes. Zero impact. Actually, we looked worse with him up front.

Sulamana looks quick, decent touch and will offer a threat, but don't ask him to track back. 

Oh dear, doomed then 😂

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Lavia for Walcott might just be the single strangest tactical sub I've ever seen in football with the POSSIBLE exception of the time Stuart Pearce brought on a keeper so David James could play upfront.

Alcaraz came on for lavia, Walcott for edozie

2 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Should have sacked Ralph, ( unless you think 6 wins in a calendar year is acceptable ), should never have considered Jones..

I’m genuinely curious, when people say this, whether it’s because they honestly think Ralph was underachieving with that squad or if six wins is not good enough because people just want better.

If Sir Alex had a squad of Gasmi, Pekhart, Forecast, Davenport and Bernard in the Premier League, what would be an acceptable number of wins?

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Brentford 3-0 Saints
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Brentford 3-0 Saints - Match Thread
5 minutes ago, Dman said:

The striker, absolutely fucking terrible. 

I didn't want to say it on the transfer thread, as everyone was soooo excited, but I thought he looked quite poor in his highlight videos and not a Prem player. If this game is anything to go by, he's barely a championship player. Can you get jet lag on the Eurostar?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

Lost for words, here. Diallo, Moi and Walcott. Killing us.

Our best chance of the game, when we had 15 minutes of momentum before he the twat took Lavia off, falls to Che. Open goal, keeper in no-man's-land... Che heads wide.

We deserve everything we get. We've bought a one way ticket to the Football League.

Why Walcott? He didn’t do anything wrong. Just fashionable to slag him off I guess. Bit like Redmond. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, adrian lord said:

That tall geezer was something like 12th on our shortlist of strikers in the window? Smacks of desperation.

Can't really judge him based on coming off the bench with us 2-0 down and basically no tactical plan for the game.

Any player would struggle in our team.

7 minutes ago, Chez said:

Tall Paul has not won a single header since he came on and we have hit it long in the air to him a lot. He looks slow. A couple of nice passes. Zero impact. Actually, we looked worse with him up front.

Sulamana looks quick, decent touch and will offer a threat, but don't ask him to track back. 

Why do we have so many people who just blatantly make stuff up?

Tall Paul won 6/13 aerial duels, and how on earth did we look worse with him upfront given we only had 2 shots in the time before he came on, 12 afterwards 

• Like 7

I think I now understand the problem

1. we have a keeper that can’t make saves

2. we have a defence that can’t defend

3 we have a midfield that can’t pass

4 we have an attack that can’t score. 

5 we have a manager that can’t manage

6 we have coaching staff that can’t coach. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I’m genuinely curious, when people say this, whether it’s because they honestly think Ralph was underachieving with that squad or if six wins is not good enough because people just want better.

If Sir Alex had a squad of Gasmi, Pekhart, Forecast, Davenport and Bernard in the Premier League, what would be an acceptable number of wins?

Yes I think Ralph underachieved, probably as a consequence of things going a bit stale. His team selections and tactics became increasingly bizarre; his reluctance to react to match situations and make timely tactical substitutions cost us time and again.

If Sir Alex and Ralph had the same squad, containing those players, I would expect Fergie to strongly out perform Ralph.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MAY-Z said:

Why do we have so many people who just blatantly make stuff up?

Tall Paul won 6/13 aerial duels, and how on earth did we look worse with him upfront given we only had 2 shots in the time before he came on, 12 afterwards 

Give me facts over opinion everyday sir, facts cut through bullshit.

Tip Of The Cap GIF by Giphy QA

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, saint michael said:

I think I now understand the problem

1. we have a keeper that can’t make saves

2. we have a defence that can’t defend

3 we have a midfield that can’t pass

4 we have an attack that can’t score. 

5 we have a manager that can’t manage

6 we have coaching staff that can’t coach. 

Apart from that we're fucking brilliant.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

I would say 75% of this forum thinks the manager is the weakest link at the club at the moment.

Far too low, every single supporter that I speak to off here wants him gone. Regulars and season ticket holders. Clear he has been out of his depth from week one.