Brentford 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

Just now, Saint_Jonny said:

If it were in any doubt, today confirms it. This Saints side are definitely heading down. 

We were basically fucked after the Forest game, with the Villa defeat rubber stamping it.

That’s the thing with relegation, it can creep up on you, before you know it you’re completely adrift.

As I said earlier, we needed to react right at the beginning of the transfer window but we left things WAAAY too late. We also needed a better goalkeeper but nothing.

Add in our clown manager and you have Armageddon.

• Like 1

Just now, tdmickey3 said:

You still want to give this welsh fraud more time nick?

He is utterly useless, admit it

I gave up when he took Lavia off and brought on Walcott. Whilst it wasnt a direct swap I couldnt see the sense, apart from a yellow card 

• Like 1

Can't wait to hear NJ tell us afterwards how we we're still competitive, hard to beat and were the better team in the second half, or some other deluded bollocks. 

I actually despise the guy. He's a fraud who should be nowhere fucking near our club. I think I actually dislike him more than Saggy chops, and I never thought it would be possible to ever be so opposed to another Saints manager as I was with him.

• Like 3

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

Can't wait to hear NJ tell us afterwards how we we're still competitive, hard to beat and were the better team in the second half, or some other deluded bollocks. 

I actually despise the guy. He's a fraud who should be nowhere fucking near our club. I think I actually dislike him more than Saggy chops, and I never thought it would be possible to ever be so opposed to another Saints manager as I was with him.

Steady on. I hate Jones but I can't bring myself to say it's worse than Twitchy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wsaint said:

How have the two new guys played? see they came on at HT but haven't been following the game. 

Winger looks handy, quick and direct. Trying to make things happen. 

The striker, absolutely fucking terrible. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I know this is used a lot, but if this buffoon remains in charge I genuinely cannot see another win coming this season. Even Adam Blackmore is saying how useless the coaching has been. Can't see any positives from today. It doesn't matter how good or bad the players are, if you don't know your role in the team it is going to be hard. There is no plan. No organisation. Nothing. It us a nothing team with a no name, nothing coach with no clue how to change it. Going down with a wimper.

Edited by IronCitySaint
  • Like 2

With all due respect nathan, making half your better players play in a B team game and fall out with one of your best centre halves, lose all but 1 premier league game, pick players who consistently under perform because they are good lads, take no accountability for performances and play a brand of football that did well in the 90s are not the ingriedents of a successful manager.

God willing, rasmus gets a call from Dragan and sends him back to luton.

• Like 6

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

Lavia for Walcott might just be the single strangest tactical sub I've ever seen in football with the POSSIBLE exception of the time Stuart Pearce brought on a keeper so David James could play upfront.

But that’s clearly not what happened is it. 

Charley came on for Lavia, Walcott came on for Edozie. 

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

Lavia for Walcott might just be the single strangest tactical sub I've ever seen in football with the POSSIBLE exception of the time Stuart Pearce brought on a keeper so David James could play upfront.

Lavia was replaced with Alcarez.

Walcott replaced Edozie.

• Like 2

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

How are you liking the Sean Dyche-esq football?

You obviously didn't watch Everton earlier. Very we.l organised , every player new what he was doing.  All in the space of a week. 

Jones has had nearly 3 months in which every player, bar Salisu, has got worse. There is no system, no clue.  

• Like 4

Just now, Wsaint said:

How have the two new guys played? see they came on at HT but haven't been following the game. 

Tall Paul has not won a single header since he came on and we have hit it long in the air to him a lot. He looks slow. A couple of nice passes. Zero impact. Actually, we looked worse with him up front.

Sulamana looks quick, decent touch and will offer a threat, but don't ask him to track back. 

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Brentford 3-0 Saints
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Brentford 3-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic