Brentford 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

It could be worse, you could be dragan solak whose money has bought the club, bankrolled our latest spending and who i think will suddenly become very involved in the day to day and decision making might be having a worse reaction.

The danish mafia might start becoming a bit more worried by our serbian warlord.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

There's being frustrated and then there's throwing your toys out of the pram as soon as the slightest little thing goes wrong. You think players don't have Facebook and see the negative comments about them before they've even put on a shirt? Bree for example. Hardly going to help is it?

Your starting to sound like Jones

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

why don't these owners insert "if you lose lots of games of football and we sack you, you don't get a pay off" into the small print?

Yeah it's like me spawning a job as head of IT despite not having any credentials in IT and then just pressing random buttons and switches blaming everyone from the staff to the shareholders and the old woman in the canteen and then getting a nice big payout after I fry the servers, tank the share price and lose years of data.

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Knowing "his way" from his Luton days and him saying we're going back to it is exactly the reason we should be sacking him now. Going down playing long ball hoofball. It's all so embarrassing. But knowing that we will probably keep him, and knowing that he will resort to his way of long ball, 3 at the back hoofball, then yes, if he does keep us up I will absolutely eat a slice of humble pie. In fact I'd eat the whole pie and a side of peas.

In fact if he keeps us up I'd get a tattoo of him on my butt. There I said it. And I don't even have any tattoos. Nathan Jones on my butt forever.

Nathan Jones my arse!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

To be honest I think I'd have gerrard from this list assuming we will get relegated anyway and he gets up playing well there and brings us up, not sure a non uk manager can come in an save us now although a fan of tedesco for what he has done in moscow and leipzig.

Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 19.12.50.png

It's finally, at long last, De Boer time!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

To be honest I think I'd have gerrard from this list assuming we will get relegated anyway and he gets up playing well there and brings us up, not sure a non uk manager can come in an save us now although a fan of tedesco for what he has done in moscow and leipzig.

personally id take tuchel, zidane and poch from that list, but if you want gerrard i’m not saying anything. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Zidane please. 

He’ll be itching to take it. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

personally id take tuchel, zidane and poch from that list, but if you want gerrard i’m not saying anything. 

I look at the underlying metrics like Rasmus and Gerrard with 1.96 points per game is up there with the best in the world and therefore will continue that form in the premier league or so the logic goes

36 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Don't need to listen to it really, it will surely follow the script.

''This is a wake up call''  ''We've got to learn from this''  ''We can't let our levels slip''

We haven't had any levels to  slip from since the 3 2 win at spurs 

Can Jones get through a single presser without being a complete cock?!?

Honestly I didn't expect him to be able to perform miracles but we look beyond inept. It doesn't say much about him if he has been letting others dictate style of play, personnel or tactics be that the club or the fans. I would be gobsmacked if as part of the interview process he did not explicitly give an overview of how he planned to get the best of the squad and what recruitment he felt was necessary - any decent coach would. We're a long way from Poch, Koeman and bugger me but even Puel had a plan - dull as it may have been. 

If we want to scrabble for silver linings today at least we shouldn't be ransacked if we do drop. Some of our players stock must be plummeting. How many of our players based on the way they are currently playing would have many suitors? KWP? JWP? Somebody who thinks they can get the best out of Salisu? (I rate him highly but he's regressed and the carousel of CB pairings can't help) ABK who has looked good in flashes? Adams maybe to a side who will play two up top? Lavia for less than Chelsea bid in the summer?

I could see some of those going but beyond that I can't see many vultures circling. 

1 minute ago, UpweySaint said:

Can Jones get through a single presser without being a complete cock?!?

Honestly I didn't expect him to be able to perform miracles but we look beyond inept. It doesn't say much about him if he has been letting others dictate style of play, personnel or tactics be that the club or the fans. I would be gobsmacked if as part of the interview process he did not explicitly give an overview of how he planned to get the best of the squad and what recruitment he felt was necessary - any decent coach would. We're a long way from Poch, Koeman and bugger me but even Puel had a plan - dull as it may have been. 

If we want to scrabble for silver linings today at least we shouldn't be ransacked if we do drop. Some of our players stock must be plummeting. How many of our players based on the way they are currently playing would have many suitors? KWP? JWP? Somebody who thinks they can get the best out of Salisu? (I rate him highly but he's regressed and the carousel of CB pairings can't help) ABK who has looked good in flashes? Adams maybe to a side who will play two up top? Lavia for less than Chelsea bid in the summer?

I could see some of those going but beyond that I can't see many vultures circling. 

I think the main issue is that the plan that Jones has involves attributes that most of our players don't possess because they aren't lower league scrapping types. Because they can't play that way, he doesn't know what to do because he's a limited manager. 

• Like 5

Feel very sorry for you guys you don’t deserve Jones. It’s a repeat of his tenure at Stoke where he tried his "fabulous" diamond system but didn’t have the players to utilise it. He left us at the bottom of league 1 after 15 games of his 2nd season. As time goes on he will start to get panicked and make even more bizarre decisions. The bloke seems out of his depth anywhere but Luton where he will end up again. 

• Like 18

1 minute ago, Stokieinpeace said:

Feel very sorry for you guys you don’t deserve Jones. It’s a repeat of his tenure at Stoke where he tried his "fabulous" diamond system but didn’t have the players to utilise it. He left us at the bottom of league 1 after 15 games of his 2nd season. As time goes on he will start to get panicked and make even more bizarre decisions. The bloke seems out of his depth anywhere but Luton where he will end up again. 

He is the worst manager I have ever seen at Southampton and believe me that is a difficult title to attain. 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Are we getting a Netflix behind the scenes show? 

It'd be entertaining tbf

I'm imagining something more along the lines of a channel 5, with Jones doing the Rogers' envelope trick and other all sorted bollocks in training.

8 minutes ago, Stokieinpeace said:

I had a look on the Stoke forums a few weeks ago and I was amazed at how identical your views are to ours, he's doing exactly the same things here.

Did he ever call out the Stoke fans for critising him out of interest, and did he refer to Stoke as 'they' when refering to the period before him..? Seems happy to just pass the buck for absolutley every element.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Theo Walcott, after we extend his contract as he’s “good to have around the place” or some shit.

I was skeptical when we brought him in on loan and even more so when we made it permanent, but many people reassured me that he’d be an excellent, experienced role model for our younger players to learn from. So just be grateful; imagine how sh*te they’d be if he wasn’t here.