Saints 0-2 Brentford - Match Thread

Whitey Grandad

1 minute ago, Dman said:

What are the alternatives, we have fuck all going forward. On the pitch or on the bench. 

Credit to Brentford, defended well kept the game in front of them and made it difficult for us .

Get a second striker on. Peronally for me it should be Onachu. We're pumping crosses into the box, why not try and do so to a 7 foot giant.

• Like 1

Just now, Norm said:

I’ve messaged 3 people watching/at the game, ‘Any sign of us scoring?’

Replies, none/not a chance/not tonight. Really?

Barely creating a decent chance. No one on the pitch who looks like they want to score. Yes, can't see any goals coming from us. 

Just now, Baird of the land said:

Get a second striker on. Peronally for me it should be Onachu. We're pumping crosses into the box, why not try and do so to a 7 foot giant.

For me, Adams and Paul won’t work. Both want to do the same thing. 

Lavia, will give us the ability to pass the ball inbetween the lines and we need to keep someone in the 10. 

We’ve played well, but lacking that bit of quality to break them down, for me, another striker isn’t the answer 

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

Brentford are there for the taking but as usual we can't create a thing. So many 1-0 defeats to total dross who score with their only chance.

Brentford clearly aren't total dross that's us 

Broken record I know.

But any ability in front of goal from open play please.

Not only from an out and out striker but from midfield or the wings defence anywhere……………….

We can play football not doubt about that.

In front of what counts, we just haven’t done it for years.

I don’t want to use the crap football speak, but I will and say we have no identity or DNA. 

We can get out of this but clearly,

“The Southampton Way” has lost its way. 

Yes I know we have had a change of ownership and plenty of Managers and Player changes.

But surely our core mission statement that has worked only a few seasons ago needs to be revisited.

Gah! pointless sideways passing.

Plan A: We have a player the height of a skyscraper. Get the ball into him early, from deep., wide positions. Bree, or a from a bit further forward Perraud.

Plan B: Mainly see plan A. But he also offers physical presence and decent skill to bring in others.

So far, we've given him nothing like a chance.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-2 Brentford - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic