Buying forum accounts.... different log ins...

egg

It's always been obvious that former forum members reappear under a new login, sometimes one that's years old but never/rarely been used. MLG, for example, ain't stopped posting, ditto others. 

Someone posted this on another thread earlier:

"You also have the case of long standing users sending private messages asking to purchase account login details.... sad and desperate stuff really. You'd think it would also be very obvious when an account's posting style suddenly changes...."

Seems bizarre to me.

Has anyone been approached to sell log in details? 

Who's now using a different log in? Who were you before? 

WHo do we think people were previously?

Never been approached, always had the same username.  Think that part is BS.

But there are clearly some numpties who embarrass themselves, or get banned and feel the need to start a new account. 

I've certainly don't recognise any current posters as being MLG, his style was unique...  

3 minutes ago, Plastic said:

Top 5 gone but not forgotten.

5. Glasgow Saint

4. Batman

3. Unbelievable Jeff

2. Alpine Saint

1. Granite City Saint

I don't remember Granite City Saint. Surely 5,4, and 2 are still around? 

Just seen your edit. Bearsy was superb. His match build ups, and his review of Fifty Shades of Grey were brilliant.

He had a sidekick if I remember, Tokyo something or other. No sign that Bearsy is posting as another though, he was truly unique..

Edited by egg
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

I'm putting my account up for auction. Comes complete with 50,802 posts and the following images/GIFs. Highest bidder wins. No reserve. 

Screenshot_20230222-185207.png

muttley-award (1).gif

200.gif

l-intro-1656526830.jpg

d8719e1e7fac0a48dbd9d2dbae6c2d7b.jpg

I'll start the bidding at £4 and a part eaten doner kebab 🥙

I am offering tiered access to my account, using the SaintWeb business experts' preferred "Dynamic Pricing" model.

Small Fry: for £6 per month full permission to post 6 "Jesus wept" posts per calendar month.

Frying without wings: £8 per month for all the above plus plus one "...so that means goals goals goals" post for a single substitution event occuring in each league fixture.

Fryday I'm in love: £12 a month for all the above plus a commemorative plain red T-Shirt. This package is incredibly popular in China.

Colinjb package: you pay double the above but you don't ever use any of the benefits at all. You just give me the money.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

I am offering tiered access to my account, using the SaintWeb business experts' preferred "Dynamic Pricing" model.

Small Fry: for £6 per month full permission to post 6 "Jesus wept" posts per calendar month.

Frying without wings: £8 per month for all the above plus plus one "...so that means goals goals goals" post for a single substitution event occuring in each league fixture.

Fryday I'm in love: £12 a month for all the above plus a commemorative plain red T-Shirt. This package is incredibly popular in China.

Colinjb package: you pay double the above but you don't ever use any of the benefits at all. You just give me the money.

Want to collaborate and offer a fried egg package? 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Plastic said:

Top 5 gone but not forgotten.

5. Glasgow Saint

4. Batman

3. Bearsy

2. Alpine Saint

1. Granite City Saint

Honorable mention: Unbelievable Jeff

Well, we all know that at least one of those is still here, Chef Jamie can’t disguise his relentless bellendery in anything.

Bear was good value indeed. Alpine just seemed very unhappy in life. Glasgow plain weird. I’ve not even heard of the granite man.

I do wonder who Twar posts as these days. Some say Bad Wolf but I don’t buy it, he used to post under another username in the past but changed name. And I’m not sure I buy TWar/Bad Wolf being MLG either, they were/are all argumentative pedantic pricks but they seemed to have a difference between them.

Edited by The Kraken

7 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Well, we all know that at least one of those is still here, Chef Jamie can’t disguise his relentless bellendery in anything.

Bear was good value indeed. Alpine just seemed very unhappy in life. Glasgow plain weird. I’ve not even heard of the granite man.

I do wonder who Twar posts as these days. Some say Bad Wolf but I don’t buy it, he used to post under another username in the past but changed name. And I’m not sure I buy TWar/Bad Wolf being MLG either, they were/are all argumentative pedantic pricks but they seemed to have a difference between them.

I think Twar/Bad Wolf/MLG are one and the same. Possibly one or two other currently used logins too. They're alter ego's and he/she mixes up style.  

3 minutes ago, egg said:

I think Twar/Bad Wolf/MLG are one and the same. Possibly one or two other currently used logins too. They're alter ego's and he/she mixes up style.  

I’m not buying it.

MLG lacks the nuance to pretend to post as anything but himself. His Twitter account is the same as here, just an unnecessarily argumentative man child.

TWar I reckon definitely posts as someone else on here these days, but not as Bad Wolf Imo. TWar was incessant in here then suddenly just stopped posting, so I’m going with a theory that he always had another account or he started a new one. Don’t think he’d have just walked away, even though he got called out for being nowhere near as clever as he thought he was (Athe Alphonso Davies debacle was complete comedy gold).

Bad Wolf, I think he’s just someone who has been posting on here for years, he used to have a different user name but changed the name while keeping the same account, don’t think that dude is hiding anything.

Just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Bad Wolf, I think he’s just someone who has been posting on here for years, he used to have a different user name but changed the name while keeping the same account, don’t think that dude is hiding anything

It's quite easy to deduce name changes... Just search back on their early posts and find one that is quoted by someone else (the original name is retained in said scenario) 

Exhibit A m'lud...

Screenshot_20230222-212551.png

🙂

Edited by trousers
  • Like 4

On 22/02/2023 at 18:17, egg said:

"You also have the case of long standing users sending private messages asking to purchase account login details.... sad and desperate stuff really. You'd think it would also be very obvious when an account's posting style suddenly changes...."

It was a set-up by @Saint86  paying tribute to an enthusiastic Saints fan from Kenya who used to post on here a couple of years back. I don't normally pay attention to the multiple user types as they only seem to be performing to a select audience, but that one was pretty memorable.

I know username sales don't happen, because mine would definitely have been one of the first to be sold to the highest bidder.

Bearsy did return recently, spurred on by our form under Nathan Jones.

23 hours ago, trousers said:

It's quite easy to deduce name changes... Just search back on their early posts and find one that is quoted by someone else (the original name is retained in said scenario) 

Well spotted, that's excellent sleuthing. While we're on the topic of missing posters maybe you could shed some light on what happened to LeG, the ITK who not only stopped posting but seems to have had all his posts erased from existence too.

• Like 1

I changed my username a few years ago, but not out of any desire to make a fresh start and convince other users that I'm not the same person or anything like that. I just had personal reasons for not wanting to use my old username anymore.

I don't doubt that certain people have been banned or stopped posting only to pop up again on a different account. Sometimes it's glaringly obvious, and I did find it pretty hilarious that AlexLaw actually tried for a while to pretend he wasn't delldays/batman. I'm sure there have probably been others who have been savvy enough to use a different posting style and evaded detection though.

I do find it disagreeable however when some people make up their minds that a relatively new poster must be a certain former board user and relentlessly attacks them as if they are without any evidence to support their assertion. I've seen this many tines over the years. For instance, I don't actually believe that any of the recent newbies are actually an alter ego of MLG. His was such a uniquely rigid style of posting with not the slightest hint of subtlety or humour that I find it hard to believe he has the imagination to conjure up a whole new character to post as. It's not impossible that MLG was himself a fictional character, i guess. But if he was, then to maintain the facade and stop the mask from slipping over so many years and tens of thousands of posts is mighty impressive. There is nothing about any of the more recent posters that suggests to me they could be the same person though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I changed my username a few years ago, but not out of any desire to make a fresh start and convince other users that I'm not the same person or anything like that. I just had personal reasons for not wanting to use my old username anymore.

I don't doubt that certain people have been banned or stopped posting only to pop up again on a different account. Sometimes it's glaringly obvious, and I did find it pretty hilarious that AlexLaw actually tried for a while to pretend he wasn't delldays/batman. I'm sure there have probably been others who have been savvy enough to use a different posting style and evaded detection though.

I do find it disagreeable however when some people make up their minds that a relatively new poster must be a certain former board user and relentlessly attacks them as if they are without any evidence to support their assertion. I've seen this many tines over the years. For instance, I don't actually believe that any of the recent newbies are actually an alter ego of MLG. His was such a uniquely rigid style of posting with not the slightest hint of subtlety or humour that I find it hard to believe he has the imagination to conjure up a whole new character to post as. It's not impossible that MLG was himself a fictional character, i guess. But if he was, then to maintain the facade and stop the mask from slipping over so many years and tens of thousands of posts is mighty impressive. There is nothing about any of the more recent posters that suggests to me they could be the same person though.

Do you think that someone who posted as relentlessly as MLG could suddenly stop? I find it more likely that he'd invent a new alter ego(s) than stop posting. I'm in little doubt that he's posting under more than one guise. 

Edited by egg

On 22/02/2023 at 21:28, trousers said:

Exhibit A m'lud...

Screenshot_20230222-212551.png

🙂

I did not know this! 

Love and light 😝

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

I've only had mine a week. I'll exchange it for a new flail mower though, if anyone has one. 

You are blatantly someone’s second account then. Southampton doesn’t have new fans, we’re like the Tory support, ageing until one by one we slowly die off and fade into obscurity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

20 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

New accounts are worthless. I reckon the market price is about 1p per post.

Which makes @trousers account worth over £500.

accounts should be valued on SWF reputation not post numbers.

cheaper the cuntier, more luxury expensive purchases for the “best of the best” most respected among us. 

On 22/02/2023 at 21:03, The Kraken said:

I’m not buying it.

MLG lacks the nuance to pretend to post as anything but himself. His Twitter account is the same as here, just an unnecessarily argumentative man child.

TWar I reckon definitely posts as someone else on here these days, but not as Bad Wolf Imo. TWar was incessant in here then suddenly just stopped posting, so I’m going with a theory that he always had another account or he started a new one. Don’t think he’d have just walked away, even though he got called out for being nowhere near as clever as he thought he was (Athe Alphonso Davies debacle was complete comedy gold).

Bad Wolf, I think he’s just someone who has been posting on here for years, he used to have a different user name but changed the name while keeping the same account, don’t think that dude is hiding anything.

Just my opinion of course.

I wonder if MLG still posts on the Jonas Brothers forum?