Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

23 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

It's like when SR consolidated departments across clubs, they accidentally got Leeds scouting department. Or more likely, the hacks have just been consolidated more.

I think Darren Mowbray is moonlighting - he's working for Saints and Leeds.

29 minutes ago, Appy said:

Saints interested in Matt O’Riley from Celtic, it may shock you to hear that Leeds are too . 

Played under RM at MK Dons, agree with what you said in another post, by all accounts he’s been phenomenal for Celtic and will only leave for PL. 

Leeds to allow Drameh departure

Leeds will allow Cody Drameh to leave on loan or on a permanent deal with Spence's imminent arrival. 

It has been clear for some time the player would not accept a new deal and the arrival of Spence clears the path for a move away from Elland Road.

We really have to put a deadline on outgoing transfers. Friday morning we go to Sunderland to KO at 1230 Saturday. The team will be a clusterfuck if the preparation and the travelling is disrupted by late bids.  Personally I think any player who is in the game squad at the start of training on Thursday morning should be excluded by the club from any transfer.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Leeds to allow Drameh departure

Leeds will allow Cody Drameh to leave on loan or on a permanent deal with Spence's imminent arrival. 

It has been clear for some time the player would not accept a new deal and the arrival of Spence clears the path for a move away from Elland Road.

You’d think we’d had enough Drameh over the last year 

• Haha 2

Just now, derry said:

We really have to put a deadline on outgoing transfers. Friday morning we go to Sunderland to KO at 1230 Saturday. The team will be a clusterfuck if the preparation and the travelling is disrupted by late bids.  Personally I think any player who is in the game squad at the start of training on Thursday morning should be excluded by the club from any transfer.

Yeah, I totally agree. We cannot realistically entertain any bids late Thursday into Friday. If clubs want our players, realistically they have tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Yeah, I totally agree. We cannot realistically entertain any bids late Thursday into Friday. If clubs want our players, realistically they have tomorrow.

Unfortunately, as sensible as this is, we all know it won't happen. Be prepared for the usual last minute departure(s) leaving us scrambling to find replacements leading to the inevitable panic buys.

59 minutes ago, saintant said:

I think Darren Mowbray is moonlighting - he's working for Saints and Leeds.

Some sign by night
Some loaned by day
May striker replacements
Be a step up from Che

As Al Jarreau would sing to Bruce Willis, who clung stubbornly to his signed Arsenal shirt, despite tales of Lawrie's great team.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, saintant said:

Unfortunately, as sensible as this is, we all know it won't happen. Be prepared for the usual last minute departure(s) leaving us scrambling to find replacements leading to the inevitable panic buys.

I woukd hope that we wouldn't sanction the sale of someone really important like Adams unless we had already secured the replacement. That's normally how these things work. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Someone on twitter saying a medical is booked for tomorrow.

Hopefully the medical staff will be up at the quack of dawn to get it done early. I wonder what the bill for him will be. Hopefully he can get a good partnership going with Dom Mallard.

Coat status: being fetched.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Harry_SFC said:

Drameh would be a huge downgrade on KWP. Can't believe for a second we go into the new season with Drameh and Bree as our right back options. 

I posted an article very recently on here, Saints looking at Drameh as a future option, he’s out of contract next summer so (according to Fabrizio Romano) they were prepared to wait until then to potentially pick him up on the cheap if the asking price is too much. I wouldn’t have thought for one second he’d be a KWP replacement. Bree, maybe.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Hopefully the medical staff will be up at the quack of dawn to get it done early. I wonder what the bill for him will be. Hopefully he can get a good partnership going with Dom Mallard.

Coat status: being fetched.

Please stop it , please 😩😭

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

I posted an article very recently on here, Saints looking at Drameh as a future option, he’s out of contract next summer so (according to Fabrizio Romano) they were prepared to wait until then to potentially pick him up on the cheap if the asking price is too much. I wouldn’t have thought for one second he’d be a KWP replacement. Bree, maybe.

Yeah that would be more understandable.

Someone like Ben Johnson would fit the bill though.

26 minutes ago, Saint_Ash said:

I for one believe MaxLeeTransfers, he sounds legit and has his finger on the pulse. 

Even if true, it wouldn't take a genius to predict that we may sign someone tomorrow. We will definitely have a medical booked between now and Friday. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 2

Just now, Harry_SFC said:

Yeah that would be more understandable.

Someone like Ben Johnson would fit the bill though.

I believe Ben Johnson wants first team football that he's probably not going to get at West Ham. If KWP does go, and I hope he doesn't, then I think Johnson is the most natural recruit in his place. Can play both sides too. I'm not seeing what the club see in Drameh - he doesn't seem to have the pedigree that Johnson has - UNLESS the idea is to ship Bree out and have Drameh as the back up behind KWP.

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Eveb if true, it wouldn't take a genius to predict that we may sign someone tomorrow. We will definitely have a medical booked between now and Friday. 

Exactly. Twitter, or X, is full of these chancers. If we have to sign someone by Friday we'll obviously have a medical lined up 😆

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, derry said:

I watched St Mirren v Aberdeen and he looked energetic, clever and lively whilst Miovski was pretty anonymous.

From the YouTube films Miovski appears to offer more, height, and a couple of headed goals.

if anyone knows the best option it’ll be Mowbray as I think he recruited both for Aberdeen. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Drameh would be a huge downgrade on KWP. Can't believe for a second we go into the new season with Drameh and Bree as our right back options. 

Why? They've been Lutons first choice RB's the past two seasons. No reason why they aren't good enough for us. Not sure Bree fully suits the style but ability wise they are more than capable at this level.

• Like 1