Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

46 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Maybe ABK has a higher ceiling - but all he’s really shown us is he’s a quitter when things get hard.

He dislocated his shoulder a couple of times, jarred his knee and pulled his hamstring. The idea that he's a quitter when it gets tough is just bollocks put out there by Doswell, angry about our performance against Forest at SMS.   

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Turkish said:

to be fair Jacob Tanswell might be right, we would spend the most. £11m on Charles, £8m on Stewart, £5m on Roberts, that's nearly £25m plus loan fees, lets say £5m. takes us to £30m. Obviously no where near what we've brought in but wont be many spending that. 

Yeah… I mean tbf I said we’d be up there, it was always an obvious statement though, us, LCFC and Leeds will spend the most as we all needed to shift the squads about

Regardless of what anyone thinks we’ll all be there or there abouts come the end of the season.

I think the biggest spend ever was about 45m too, with no fee ever being above 17m

The ‘why aren’t we spending’ crew are either lazy, thick or both

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, saint lard said:

From what appears a reputable source…. 15 mins ago…..Southampton forward Sekou Mara is in early talks about joining French giants Lille. The France Under-21s international is open to a move but it remains at an early stage. Lille reached the Conference League last night and need depth.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, James G said:

Bree is available for loan, I believe.

Arsenal enquired about kwp a few weeks back, and Tottenham yesterday, just with the agent, no follow-up. Kwp is happy at Southampton, apparently

So any new player would be in place of Bree I presume 

If Arsenal or Spurs actually come on for him, with a sizeable bid, his happiness at Southampton will be instantly forgotten. Not a chance he turns down a decent Prem move. It's only our asking price that is keeping him here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

He dislocated his shoulder a couple of times, jarred his knee and pulled his hamstring. The idea that he's a quitter when it gets tough is just bollocks put out there by Doswell, angry about our performance against Forest at SMS.   

He’s a fucking malingering sicknote that doesn’t want to be here.  Won’t be missed.  I reckon Dossy was spot on.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

What would you label people claiming we had no financial reason to sell anyone?

Informed

We were always going to sell Lavia, JWP, Salisu and I thought ABK (probably still will)

So it keeps the Wolves from the door, but its more long term planning then anything else because we’re positioned for a second and likely a third attempt IF it was required, were as if we hadn’t got the long term financials correct then you’re gambling on this year

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Informed

We were always going to sell Lavia, JWP, Salisu and I thought ABK (probably still will)

So it keeps the Wolves from the door, but its more long term planning then anything else because we’re positioned for a second and likely a third attempt IF it was required, were as if we hadn’t got the long term financials correct then you’re gambling on this year

Haven’t they written off this season for promotion anyway? 😂

8 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

In? Out? In? Out? Make you're mind up Mara!

Back to needing two strikers then if that goes ahead. I wonder if Aberdeen heading out the Europa helps our cause there or not.

His mind was made up long ago.

SFC haven't changed their mind on deadline day as to whether they will keep him or not.

His agent has been touting him around and all SFC can do is wait for a suitable bid to come in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

How are Sunderland going to justify selling Stewart and Roberts to us on deadline day? Do they have replacements lined up? Dan Neil apparently attracting interest from Liverpool too

They’re looking at a couple apparently but they need the money for long term restructuring apparently 

Both Stewart and Roberts have said they won’t renew so, similarly to Che, they’re trying to get cash for them

2 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

Football insider, so pinch of salt. Can't see it happening with their finances over the Che deal and having spent on Beto already

Everton have obviously been waiting for their own player sales to be confirmed so they can offer what we want. Has Iwobi and Gray deals gone through yet? 

He will be gone today.

22 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Interesting shift in our recruitment towards British players.

We could name a very strong team entirely of British/Irish players, arguably on Alcaraz would get in our strongest side.

Wonder when the last time we had a first team lineup with nobody outside UK/ROI - probably 20 years or more?

I was thinking the same yesterday. There are obviously some great foreign players around but they can disrupt the group and I think RM is clearly looking to build a squad that is all pulling in the same direction with a strong team ethic. Very sensible in my view.

1 minute ago, sfc4prem said:

Still in talks with Leeds for Gnoto, too.

Leeds want £50m (possibly). I suspect he's the one they want, but how much will they be willing to come down in price, as Everton aren't paying that. Sulemena the backstop option. The all in move to the backstop option will have started by now you'd think.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chez said:

He was unlucky with knee and shoulder injuries. But Doswell did have a point, twice i’ve seen him go down with a ‘hamstring injury’ after being made to look stupid by an attacker.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SotonianWill said:

I wonder if they’ll keep Roberts in Sunderland for his medical. Chance to play tomorrow.

doesn't the deal have to be done by 12pm? Also, I can't see him playing without having trained with the first team. Never sure why. Just play strikers. They will work it out pretty quickly what is needed. Too much emphasis on position without the ball etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chez said:

I'm guessing we are just dotting the i's and crossing the t's on that deal. We aren't having `talks' at this stage.  

Another that will be gone today.

Agreed. Reckon we're happy to take a big loss on him. Loan or permanent transfer, do you think?

1 minute ago, Chez said:

I'm guessing we are just dotting the i's and crossing the t's on that deal. We aren't having `talks' at this stage.  

Another that will be gone today.

It's a tough deal to make though because we'll have to take a huge loss on him given what Genk will be able to pay

1 minute ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

It's a tough deal to make though because we'll have to take a huge loss on him given what Genk will be able to pay

Sure, but the clubs have been talking for about a month now. I'm guessing it's done and dusted all bar the shouting. We will see.

Just now, Chez said:

Bloody hell. The stuff being written these days is moronic. As if they just let them know they could go. 

Deadline day is media driven nonsense, 99% of what is being reported today is either made up or been in the works for weeks.

The chuckle brothers on SSN sensationalise everything to make it sound like clubs have just decided they want x or y.

• Like 1