Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

"3:20pm

🚨 ADAMS COULD REMAIN AT CLUB 

A loan deal for Adams to go to Wolves has been seen as the only realistic option and would have included a £15million obligation if certain matches were played.

The club would protect the asset, get 12 months' wages covered and then either sell him to Wolves for a good fee or get a player back with an improved length on hisdeal.

I’m told the feeling is that it was not ever seriously likely to happen and don’t think it’s ever got off the ground.

As reported, Adams now more likely to stay but obviously no guarantees. Martin had indicated Adams being pulled ‘pillar to post’ and perhaps a bit of that in play.

Hope that if he stays he signs the new deal and we move on."

Maybe no connection to Stewart signing or not?

Edited by Toussaint

22 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Is the PR rep at the club readying a piece saying

“we had a lot of deals lined up, but due to the complexities of the transfer window, we could not get them over the line. Jason, Martin and the team are ready to meet the remainder of the season head-on. COYRs”

This is look more likely given the fluff on twitter

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

If true You really couldnt make it up. Saints spend all their energy trying to sign an injured player and then pull out when they discover he's injured.

I have wondered all along how a player with a bad injury can have a medical. If covid is anything to go by, the medical people are so frightened that what they say is not right they make it sound worse.

• Like 1

Just now, SotonianWill said:

Just mentioned Stewart coming after passing his medical and also mentioned Che Adams to wolves being unlikely on Sky Sports News. So the Stewart news hasn’t got to them

SSN is at least an hour out of the loop these days. Don't get me wrong, I'm still watching, but it's becoming more and more painful.

3 minutes ago, James said:

If we are left with an unhappy Che and no other signings then, let's be honest, its a bit of a cock up. If Stewart was the main target we really should have established his fitness before deadline day.

Perhaps we did, but then when he’s had his medical what we’ve been told and what the reality is have been quite different..?

Just now, S-Clarke said:

He's signing, but he may not be signing. The medical hit a snag, but it also could have gone fine.

I heard he has passed every test so far, just one left to go, contrary to reports of a snag.

Can't place the source right now but will post it if I can find it again.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, James said:

If we are left with an unhappy Che and no other signings then, let's be honest, its a bit of a cock up. If Stewart was the main target we really should have established his fitness before deadline day.

Depends which came first, not selling Che or not buying Stewart.

You are assuming Stewart failed his medical.

Possibly the Che deal is the issue, not the Stewart deal.

We are in Wolves hands here. And they haven't got any money. If no one buys Che then he doesn't need replacing. A cock up would have been buying a striker and then getting stuck with Che too.  

Concern is Che’s motivation if we have blocked his move and if he doesn’t extend, that he will walk for nothing. However having him and Stewart IF that deal does go through would be great depth.

Roberts falling through, perhaps because Sulemana isn’t going anywhere? I was happy with Roberts, shame if he doesn’t come.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

SSN is at least an hour out of the loop these days. Don't get me wrong, I'm still watching, but it's becoming more and more painful.

I’m loving it. Just had expert analysis from Paul Merson, now got a couple hours of Steven Caulker

Edited by SotonianWill
  • Haha 3

So Stewart may or may not be signing, Roberts deal is off for now, Adams is staying unless he isn't, and ABK is going to Bayern. Nobody wants Sulemana and the Canadian lad has decided playing for Athletico Madrid is more favourable than Championship Saints.

That about sums up the last few hours? 😁 Bring on the next few.

• Haha 1