Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

3 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Concern is Che’s motivation if we have blocked his move and if he doesn’t extend, that he will walk for nothing. However having him and Stewart IF that deal does go through would be great depth.

Roberts falling through, perhaps because Sulemana isn’t going anywhere? I was happy with Roberts, shame if he doesn’t come.

not our fault no one is willing to give us a poxy £15m for him. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, James said:

If we are left with an unhappy Che and no other signings then, let's be honest, its a bit of a cock up. If Stewart was the main target we really should have established his fitness before deadline day.

Unhappy Che has looked more than good enough so far this season, I'm sure he'd soon get over his disappointment and knuckle down to earn a transfer in January.  Replacing him has always been my main worry so if he stays I'd be fine with Stewart not joining we could always go back for him in January when he has proved his fitness and run his contract down even more.

4 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Concern is Che’s motivation if we have blocked his move and if he doesn’t extend, that he will walk for nothing. However having him and Stewart IF that deal does go through would be great depth.

Roberts falling through, perhaps because Sulemana isn’t going anywhere? I was happy with Roberts, shame if he doesn’t come.

All the more reason to get promoted this year. Losing c. £15m on Adams leaving, having been promoted, might be an acceptable solution if his goals get us there

• Like 1

I'm not worried about Che if he stays, he's a good lad with the right attitude. Well liked within the club and he was offered the vice captaincy for a reason.

It's not like he's seen a dream move fall through or anything, it's just a relegation scrap in Wolverhampton. Even Weston Shore is more appealing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Toussaint said:

A bit of a reality check for Che it would seem

four years in the Prem and he's worth the same we paid for him after one good season in the Championship - all be it he's only got a year left.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a1ex2001 said:

Unhappy Che has looked more than good enough so far this season, I'm sure he'd soon get over his disappointment and knuckle down to earn a transfer in January.  Replacing him has always been my main worry so if he stays I'd be fine with Stewart not joining we could always go back for him in January when he has proved his fitness and run his contract down even more.

Agreed. Plus an unhappy Che still has a hell of a lot to play for if he wants a good move. It’s a Risk but worth it if he fires us to promotion (I know, I know)

2 minutes ago, 23rdSaint said:

All the more reason to get promoted this year. Losing c. £15m on Adams leaving, having been promoted, might be an acceptable solution if his goals get us there

and if we don't get promoted, seeing a £15m aset walk for nothing will be painful. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Still time for him to sign for Wolves. 

Just now, Convict Colony said:

If wilcox does the deadline and is working past midnight tonight and still gets up to sunderland for the match at lunch then he's the really MVP today.

he can sleep in the plane and the taxi. That's the trouble with DOFs these days, too soft. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Saint Scott said:

If Roberts is off as reported I wonder if Wilcox will spring a surprise later this evening if Sulemana ends up leaving as expected.

A mystery deal sheet on the horizon...

Perhaps Roberts is off because Sully has had a change of heart?