Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

Just now, Saint_lambden said:

Belgian media reporting that we're competing with Atletico Madrid for Tajon Buchanan. Plays for Brugge currently, winger. 

Not something I was expecting to hear this window... something has either gone really really wrong at Atletico or we're chasing unrealistic targets again.... (or, most likely, its complete rubbish made up by agents / press)

10 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Tajon Buchanan - not a name I’ve seen mentioned on here - winger

Bit of info on him here: https://themastermindsite.com/2023/04/29/why-tajon-buchanan-is-perfect-for-inter-milan-tactical-analysis/

Seems like he's an attack minded wingback.  Could be decent cover for full back and winger roles especially if someone like Bree leaves.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, saintant said:

Think if he stays he probably starts tomorrow if Che goes.

Strikes me that if we actually feed him with the service he needs, he'll bag tonnes of goals in the Champ, but he's never had it. He always looks like a fish up a tree.

I think he'll go to Werder Bremmen personally. Arma will be up top tomorrow with Alcaraz, Fraser and Stu behind him IMO. Have a nasty feeling this is when the unbeaten streak ends. Sunderland will want blood if we're pinching two of their best players, and it's a damage limitation match for Russell as he doesn't have all the pegs in the right holes yet.

Hope I'm talking complete shite though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kitch said:

Strikes me that if we actually feed him with the service he needs, he'll bag tonnes of goals in the Champ, but he's never had it. He always looks like a fish up a tree.

I think he'll go to Werder Bremmen personally. Arma will be up top tomorrow with Alcaraz, Fraser and Stu behind him IMO. Have a nasty feeling this is when the unbeaten streak ends. Sunderland will want blood if we're pinching two of their best players, and it's a damage limitation match for Russell as he doesn't have all the pegs in the right holes yet.

Hope I'm talking complete shite though.

Agree. He's been written off with minimal game time and without getting a shred of the type of service that he scores off. Yes, he was a mad Nate signing but he's clearly scored goals before in a system that works for him. We may not play that system atm but surely there'll be a time when a bigger target man is needed.

Edited by Viking Saint
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OldNick said:

I personally dont see all the derision about Tall Paul, he hardly had a chance to settle. I really hope he hits the floor running at Metz and scores lots of goals. He is a victim not a villain

I feel sorry for the guy, but describing him as a victim is a bit over the top. No doubt we have improved his bank balance over the last eight months or so. 

5 minutes ago, OldNick said:

I personally dont see all the derision about Tall Paul, he hardly had a chance to settle. I really hope he hits the floor running at Metz and scores lots of goals. He is a victim not a villain

Have you not seen his first touch…..criminal🤷‍♂️

Edited by Matty's Caddy
Mind your own business
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I feel sorry for the guy, but describing him as a victim is a bit over the top. No doubt we have improved his bank balance over the last eight months or so. 

1 minute ago, Matty's Caddy said:

Have you not seen his first touch…..🤷‍♂️

Time will tell, I've many a Saints player who couldnt trap a bag of cement, Ted MacDougal for one but he was a brilliant forward

7 minutes ago, OldNick said:

More likely he'll hit the floor walking.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

Always thought he’d be good at Basketball, enjoy New York Paul 

NY Mets are Baseball...

Anyway, whether he's been given a proper chance or not, he's clearly not in the managers plans. So get him out the door asap, in the most profitable way for the club possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, trousers said:

Back of the net! 

image.thumb.png.2d921ac3803161fb10880e6f1fb37db4.png

Any news whilst I've been away?

Bet you can’t wait for your bland evening full of older middle aged women. Will you go for an average meal at a Ginio Di Campos chain restaurant ordering the second cheapest bottle of wine on the menu beforehand?

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, trousers said:

Back of the net! 

image.thumb.png.2d921ac3803161fb10880e6f1fb37db4.png

Any news whilst I've been away?

I'm going to start to measure inflation by the cost of a James Blunt ticket. £85 each, blimey.. makes the fee paid for Tall Paul look a bargain

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, CB Fry said:

Little Sekou's teenage mates must have been queuing up to play round his house

EdPTCkuX0AAYD8h.jpeg.thumb.jpg.f338ddbefd93acfcfadbad8d22224dd1.jpg

Bloody hell. i see what you mean. Wonder if he wants out because the lads are running a sweepstake on which one goes through her first?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1