The Death of the Tory Party and the Rebirth of the UK As We Know It (General Election 2024 Thread)

sadoldgit

That's direct from the King of the Gammon Mike Graham, a talent-free chubster who spouts scripted hate-for-cash clickbait to generate income and rile up his angry little gang of easily-led pensioners.

I didn't know his business still existed as a thing -  and you seem to have accidentally edited his name off the top.

Could that be because he has zero credibility with normal people?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rallyboy said:

That's direct from the King of the Gammon Mike Graham, a talent-free chubster who spouts scripted hate-for-cash clickbait to generate income and rile up his angry little gang of easily-led pensioners.

I didn't know his business still existed as a thing -  and you seem to have accidentally edited his name off the top.

Could that be because he has zero credibility with normal people?

Are you saying James O'Brien has not lost listeners?

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Blimey. The gammon are gettng really desperate now. Celebrate because JOB's listening figures are down to 1.3 million. Rejoice as GB news radio now have nearly 400,000 listeners. 

I think the gammon are in for a tough year - expecially when the General Election votes are counted. 😁😁😁

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

I think the gammon are in for a tough year - expecially when the General Election votes are counted. 😁😁😁

That’s a big rich coming from someone who is still crying over Brexit. 

I think you’ll find “gammon” aren’t particularly fond of Sunak & will be quite happy for Big Dog or Nigel to roll up & take over once he’s humiliated. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I think you’ll find “gammon” aren’t particularly fond of Sunak & will be quite happy for Big Dog or Nigel to roll up & take over once he’s humiliated. 

And then consign yourselves to a decade in opposition. You are falling into a similar trap as William Hague and  Michael Howard. People arent going to vote for Labour because the Tories are not right wing enough. You gammons need to take a hard look at yourselves and have a rethink if you think that Farage and Johnson are your way back to power. 

By the way Duckie. Do you still believe in Brexit? If so, I have some magic beans for sale. Guaranteed to make you rich. Very cheap. Are you interested? 

Edited by Tamesaint
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

Who's the big dog, is it Jacob Rees-Mogg?

I just assumed it was Johnson. Either because Boris sounds like a name you would give a dog, or because he humps everything in sight.

I’m sure our resident Gammon will fill you in.

• Haha 4

I'm emphatically NOT a Gammon but can confirm that Johnson is indeed  "Big Dog". There was an abortive campaign to 'save Big Dog ' back in 2022 when there were a spate of resignations by ministers due to his appalling behaviour.

• Like 2

Nothing says twat quite like some bloke who gives himself a nickname in the hope that his little gammon army will run with it.

I can think of many factual descriptions of Boris Johnson but at no point does he strike normal people as the big dog in any situation - other than being a corrupt, privileged, cowardly, divisive and useless lying clown, who will fuck literally anything that crosses his path.

In that scenario, I'll grant you, he's the guvnor, the top man.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 03/02/2024 at 11:33, The Kraken said:

I don’t mind JoB to be fair. He can be a bit of a pontificating gobshite at times but he’s alright.

Edit: Badger :wave:

didnt he have some dodgy listen and believe claim when someone was alleging that MPs were paedophiles? I can't remember all the details. Certainly didn't seem alright at that point. 

On 04/02/2024 at 01:58, Lord Duckhunter said:

will be quite happy for Big Dog or Nigel to roll up & take over once he’s humiliated.

You do of course realise that neither of these people are MPs? Johnson resigned in disgrace and had his parliamentary pass removed, Farage has tried and failed to be elected as an MP seven times.

Of course, when the Tory party goes down to sub-100 seats after the next election, they could ask whomever is in the safest seat to resign and parachute your chosen fascist in for a by-election - but that would be incredibly high profile and basically a lose-lose even in the safest blue seat.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

This sort of stuff is what makes me nervous about Labour. No matter how much Starmer's tries to knock the edges off, we have divisive identity politics and oppression Olympics stuff coming:

Fair pay for all, vile Labour bastards.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

This sort of stuff is what makes me nervous about Labour. No matter how much Starmer's tries to knock the edges off, we have divisive identity politics and oppression Olympics stuff coming:

.... And your problem with equal rights is what exactly? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

.... And your problem with equal rights is what exactly? 

I don't agree that race should be a factor in hiring decisions. I don't agree with racial equity officials in companies which causes division and disharmony and is the inevitable consequences of forcing companies to publish pay data based on ethnicity. 

I don't think identity politics is a healthy thing to engage in. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Isn't the problem that this already exists through the Equal pay act and race relations act?

Is another act necessary?

The EPA relates to differentials between men and woman, the Race Relations Act is a notoriously weak piece of legislation. There is a lot of equalities legislation on the books that you would expect to address the problem Labour think they have identified, but given that Law is interpreted by case examples, perhaps they think that this is needed to paper over a crack that exists in existing interpretations.

Then again it might just be crusading sound bites.

25 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

The EPA relates to differentials between men and woman, the Race Relations Act is a notoriously weak piece of legislation. There is a lot of equalities legislation on the books that you would expect to address the problem Labour think they have identified, but given that Law is interpreted by case examples, perhaps they think that this is needed to paper over a crack that exists in existing interpretations.

Then address the cracks in the existing interpretations and make them clearer?

36 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

I think your final sentence has cracked it. It's a load of unnecessary waste to make them feel better. 

54 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Then address the cracks in the existing interpretations and make them clearer?

Which would be what Labour would be doing, much the same thing as legislating that Rwanda is a safe country.

I thought Pop Cons was Popchips expanding into Love Corn’s segment of the snacks market…but no, it’s just a load of re-hashed Tory has beens from the deluded Tory right, in turn from the worst government in British history, if not Western civilisation in 2022 from one bonkers month.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/liz-truss-and-the-popcon-attention-seekers/

Total humiliation and wipeout on the world stage, with Jeremy Hunt having to re-write everything you’d planned and clean up your vomit and wet farts would have persuaded most people to try a different career - see Matt Hancock. But no, Liz Truss, Mark Littlewood and Rees Mogg really don’t understand that their ideas suck, and trashed the economy in a month. 

Bit of an issue with ‘Popular’ too - a record -59 rating from a poll of those who voted Tory in 2019. It’s a bit like Nathan Jones taking Charlton into League 2 and claiming in the summer he deserves the Southampton job back if Martin took Saints up, and the Saints fans really rate him as their greatest manager, above Lawrie, Ted, Ronald et al. Clearly Liz doesn’t think Jeremy and Rishi have done a good enough job cleaning up after her projectile vomit.

Another poll sees Penny the flying wardrobe with a clear 26 point lead in the leadership contest which already seems well underway. Mainly because of the sword at the Coronation apparently. Alasdair Heath will have to hide his stiffy at the launch event as the DT sale is still in the balance. 

Lord D might get tickets though - his hero Nige will be there https://dailysceptic.org/2024/02/04/liz-truss-to-launch-popular-conservatives-with-nigel-farage-present/

Edited by Gloucester Saint
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, Gloucester Saint said:

I thought Pop Cons was Popchips expanding into Love Corn’s segment of the snacks market…but no, it’s just a load of re-hashed Tory has beens from the deluded Tory right, in turn from the worst government in British history, if not Western civilisation in 2022 from one bonkers month.

Total humiliation and wipeout on the world stage, with Jeremy Hunt having to re-write everything you’d planned and clean up your vomit and wet farts would have persuaded most people to try a different career - see Matt Hancock. But no, Liz Truss, Mark Littlewood and Rees Mogg really don’t understand that their ideas suck, and trashed the economy in a month. 

Bit of an issue with ‘Popular’ too - a record -59 rating from a poll of those who voted Tory in 2019. It’s a bit like Nathan Jones taking Charlton into League 2 and claiming in the summer he deserves the Southampton job back if Martin took Saints up, and the Saints fans really rate him as their greatest manager, above Lawrie, Ted, Ronald et al. Clearly Liz doesn’t think Jeremy and Rishi have done a good enough job cleaning up after her projectile vomit.

Another poll sees Penny the flying wardrobe with a clear 26 point lead in the leadership contest which already seems well underway. Mainly because of the sword at the Coronation apparently. Alasdair Heath will have to hide his stiffy at the launch event as the DT sale is still in the balance. 

Lord D might get tickets though - his hero Nige will be there https://dailysceptic.org/2024/02/04/liz-truss-to-launch-popular-conservatives-with-nigel-farage-present/

I am fully on board with the theory that Liz Truss is a Lib Dem sleeper agent. No way could somebody be as arrogant and naïve as she is without it all being a ploy to show how terrible Tories are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looney tunes Truss is holding court again and as normal spouting utter garbage.

What a silly cow

She is trying to champion Conservative values :mcinnes:........ detached from the real world

Edited by tdmickey3
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Gloucester Saint said:

Liz's sidekick Kwasi standing down as an MP to presumably spend more time making money. For his sake I hope that he is more successful doing that than when he was when looking after the nation's money. 

• Like 2

On 04/02/2024 at 01:58, Lord Duckhunter said:

Bad luck Ducky!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, igsey said:

Bad luck Ducky!

.... And Farage always always tells the truth and has never ever been found to have told the teeniest little fib. 😁😁😁

Edited by Tamesaint
  • Like 2

On 01/02/2024 at 19:22, badgerx16 said:

I don't think your posts get under anybody's skin. What they do acheive is 2 things; firstly there are those who you think you are annoying, whereas in fact they are laughing at you, generally because you have completely misread them, their affiliationas and beliefs. Secondly there are a significant number of people who see your blustering and the mocking reponses it engenders as polluting just about every thread as you raise the same points over and over again in an attempt to justify your self-appointed position as a social crusader.

Please, for your own sake, take a chill pill.

Thanks for the advice but I think you should direct your attention and advice to the pile on crowd. They are the ones who do the polluting. If you find my posts so problematic just ignore them. It doesn’t matter what I say and how I say it, there is a group of people who think it is fun to jump on anything I say. They could just as easily ignore my posts, but where is the sport in that? It happened with MLG. It happened with TWAR. 
Anyway, the good news is that there are more “social crusaders” posting regularly now which will probably scare the thread polluters off and means I can leave them to carry the flag.

As for the chill pill, I have seen you get wound up when people deliberately misinterpret what you say. You know what is going on here just as much as I do. If I stop posting tomorrow it isn’t going to prevent them from doing it to someone else when they find another suitable target. Maybe you should suggest that the wind up merchants should modify their behaviour or are you worried about them targeting you too? 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Thanks for the advice but I think you should direct your attention and advice to the pile on crowd. They are the ones who do the polluting. If you find my posts so problematic just ignore them. It doesn’t matter what I say and how I say it, there is a group of people who think it is fun to jump on anything I say. They could just as easily ignore my posts, but where is the sport in that? It happened with MLG. It happened with TWAR. 
Anyway, the good news is that there are more “social crusaders” posting regularly now which will probably scare the thread polluters off and means I can leave them to carry the flag.

As for the chill pill, I have seen you get wound up when people deliberately misinterpret what you say. You know what is going on here just as much as I do. If I stop posting tomorrow it isn’t going to prevent them from doing it to someone else when they find another suitable target. Maybe you should suggest that the wind up merchants should modify their behaviour or are you worried about them targeting you too? 

You just carry on with calling the poster married into a Muslim family islamophobic. Anything you get served up from now is entirely deserved.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Ah i see you did your usual disappearing act after making a cock of yourself then in true Sog style come back all guns blazing blaming everyone else. It’s funny how no one else gets the same treatment as you do but then no one else behaves like you do. It’s also amusing that the “pile on gang” seems to be growing with even people who agree with some of the shite you spout telling you to wind your neck in a bit, funny that. 

When you think the problem is everyone else it usually isn’t 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, whelk said:

I will not leave anti semitism unchallenged. However sanctimonious the anti-semite protests the belief that he is the victim. 

Always the victim it’s never his fault…..

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Always the victim it’s never his fault…..

And goes out of his way to underplay Hamas attack because he found an anti semitic site that claims it was all IDF gunships slaughtering Israelis that convinced his ‘open mind’. Thinks people  are too daft to spot his theme. 
I wouldn’t be surprised that he isnt too far away from being a holocaust denier with the shit he exposes himself to proudly being ‘open minded’

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, whelk said:

And goes out of his way to underplay Hamas attack because he found an anti semitic site that claims it was all IDF gunships slaughtering Israelis that convinced his ‘open mind’. Thinks people  are too daft to spot his theme. 
I wouldn’t be surprised that he isnt too far away from being a holocaust denier with the shit he exposes himself to proudly being ‘open minded’

its funny how despite being a self pronounced open minded person this doesn't extend to anyone who doesn't agree with him, who are usually racists, homophobic, Tommy Robinson supporters, narcissist, part of a pile on gang or any other range of labels he will stick on anyone who doesn't see the world with the same open mind he does. The bullshit and hypocrisy is off the scale.

Saints most famous fan might just have a dropped the biggest bollock at PMQs. Trying to make a crass transgender joke in response to Starmer 90 seconds after the latter had mentioned that the mother of Brianna Ghey was in the gallery. Oh dear!

He's having an absolute shocker.

Not just generally, but today his only job was not to make a cheap joke about the trans debate, sexuality or gender politics while the mother of a murdered child is looking on.

He has merrily skipped into a minefield while wearing a suicide vest.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

He's having an absolute shocker.

Not just generally, but today his only job was not to make a cheap joke about the trans debate, sexuality or gender politics while the mother of a murdered child is looking on.

He has merrily skipped into a minefield while wearing a suicide vest.

I would have bet £1,000 that he wouldn't have made such a mistake. 

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

I ignored your posts for over a year. I didn't engage with you once. You referenced me many times over that period. 

1 hour ago, Winnersaint said:

Saints most famous fan might just have a dropped the biggest bollock at PMQs. Trying to make a crass transgender joke in response to Starmer 90 seconds after the latter had mentioned that the mother of Brianna Ghey was in the gallery. Oh dear!

Is highlighting Starmer's inability to define a woman not a legitimate topic of conversation? I certainly don't advocate for a system where MPs censor their topics of conversation for fear that someone in the gallery could be offended. She also wasn't in the gallery at the time so no harm done. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Is highlighting Starmer's inability to define a woman not a legitimate topic of conversation? I certainly don't advocate for a system where MPs censor their topics of conversation for fear that someone in the gallery could be offended. She also wasn't in the gallery at the time so no harm done. 

Perhaps, knowing Mrs Ghey was in Parliament, which I strongly suspect he did given his later comments, he could have used a little bit of common sense and left that particular dig at Starmer for next PMQs.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 5