Gavin Bazunu

hypochondriac

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Bazunu might improve but at what cost? Are we going to stick with him for a few more years costing points then if when he’s finally good enough flog him, which we know is going to happen. The reality is he’s probably at least 5-6 years away from getting anywhere towards his peak to the point where a top club would want him that can afford to pay what the fee will be. Plus unlike other positions you can only play one goalkeeper soo ok no guarantee even  if he is ever good enough anyone would want him. how many more points are we going to drop between now and then?

Man City must love dealing with us, with the money they’ve made from us we’ve basically covered Haalands transfer fee. 

It’s essentially Angus Gunn Deja vu, but on balance Gunn was arguably the better player. I hope that Man City don’t have promising Welsh keeper in their under 18s in case our lunatic scouts fancy the British Isles full set. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Our goal keeping recruitment has been bat shit crazy for many years now. If Rotherham can find Viktor Johanssson then why can't we find one of those? This 'finding the next young gem we can sell for a profit' approach is killing us dead.

Agree.

How much did Leicester pay for their GK from Denmark, or Ipswich for theirs ?

The Ipswich bloke made the sort of save on Monday at a crucial time of the game. Can we say the same ? 

The Rotherham GK is light years ahead of anything we’ve got.

Can only hope Darren Mowbray can find the sort of player - not just GK - that has eluded our recruitment team. 

• Like 3

We've had a blind spot for keepers for so long it's not funny. I think Baz should have saved the first - shouldn't be beaten at his near post and 'ooh, he was expecting a cross' just doesn't wash. Slow dive and middle of the goal for the second. And glaciers move quicker for the third, after he moronically punted the ball straight to their keeper with 30 seconds to go, thereby giving them the chance to come forward and make me money at the bookies, sorry, score the most predictable soft goal with our onlooker defenders in history. Still fuming, and at our manager's inability to make key subs at key times, if only to waste time. And why take Aribo off? He was having an excellent game (ooh he was tired).

The prospect of more of this lunatic naivety next season is not very enticing, still less with an inferior squad. Oh for old school tactics and a bit of pace. There's a reason everyone else does it

• Like 3

3 hours ago, david in sweden said:

Agreed about Forster (Clarkie) and  the subsequent deal for McCarthy was much the same scenario, but goalkeepers take time to develop and very few young

goalies are good in the first season or two - sometimes longer. Perhaps Joe Hart was an exception and eventually made it to the England spot, likewise Pickford.

Getting a good young talented goalie on board is difficult when you have to say ..come and be our no.2 goalie - and we'll let you play a few Cup games.

In time Gunn became no. 1  at Norwich,  and Polish "Bart" was a disaster in most of Saints games, but has played for Championship sides for more than 10 years 

and it took Gazzaniga a few years to get a regular spot - anywhere.   I've always thought goalkeepers get better after 30 !, ..and it's often the case.

Signing Bazunu was a gamble, and Turkish also made the same point about signing Angus Gunn who was really out of his depth, and that 0-9 game finished him.

Burnley signed young Trafford (?) for 18 million and he's had big problems, (also from Man City,) but the transition from U21 or Championship to Premier League

is an enormous gap and is much greater than a mere 3 league places.  Last year's  3 promoted sides have struggled, but the relegated sides have flourished.  

Bazunu will improve.... but it may take time - if we can keep faith with him, but we need a first class coach to help him in that position. 

In isolation I had no issue what so ever with us purchasing Bazunu 2 seasons ago, but.....it needed to be in combination with a seasoned goalkeeper. Bazunu as a L1 keeper the year before wouldn't have had any expectations to be a starter in the PL, so he becomes the backup/cup goalkeeper and he learns from the more seasoned pro.

That's how it should have been done, but the way we put all our eggs into the kid goalkeeper, kid CB, kid CM etc was absolutely nuts. It's the same argument as above, no issues with signing kids in isolation but they can't be your key men...let them have some time to fricking develop.

As a club we get full ourselves, we did under Reed/Kruger and also under Semmens. They probably still spend most nights patting themselves on the back regarding Tino livramento, but that signing alone wasn't justification to go and fill the squad with potential Tino's the following season. It's arrogance bordering on stupidity. 

We got full of ourselves after Koemans first season as well - we thought we'd cracked football, we thought we'd cracked that 10-15m player bracket but were totally ignorant to prices going up and inflation. This club runs me down sometimes because they do the most dumb fuck things, all self inflicted because they like to think they're different than anyone else.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

In isolation I had no issue what so ever with us purchasing Bazunu 2 seasons ago, but.....it needed to be in combination with a seasoned goalkeeper. Bazunu as a L1 keeper the year before wouldn't have had any expectations to be a starter in the PL, so he becomes the backup/cup goalkeeper and he learns from the more seasoned pro.

That's how it should have been done, but the way we put all our eggs into the kid goalkeeper, kid CB, kid CM etc was absolutely nuts. It's the same argument as above, no issues with signing kids in isolation but they can't be your key men...let them have some time to fricking develop.

As a club we get full ourselves, we did under Reed/Kruger and also under Semmens. They probably still spend most nights patting themselves on the back regarding Tino livramento, but that signing alone wasn't justification to go and fill the squad with potential Tino's the following season. It's arrogance bordering on stupidity. 

We got full of ourselves after Koemans first season as well - we thought we'd cracked football, we thought we'd cracked that 10-15m player bracket but were totally ignorant to prices going up and inflation. This club runs me down sometimes because they do the most dumb fuck things, all self inflicted because they like to think they're different than anyone else.

Agreed. Worst part is, so much of this has been obvious. It’s not even like we are fans with 20/20 hindsight

Almost all of this was brought up at the fan forums. 

Just insane management from the top down. 

• Like 3

Some statistics.

I'm sure the club is all over this with their focus on data.

Goals Prevented

John Ruddy

Asmir Begovic

Ryan Allsopp

Gavin Bazunu

save percentage 

Seny Dieng

64.2%

Matija Sarkic

63.6%

Lee Nicholls

63%

Gavin Bazunu

61.9%

Can anyone spot a pattern?

But nothing will change, blindly going with it despite most people realising he was shite 18mths ago, certainly not his fault we are where we are but he has to take some blame but it boils down to that arrogant prick in charge and his blindness to what's wrong 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, danjosaint said:

But nothing will change, blindly going with it despite most people realising he was shite 18mths ago, certainly not his fault we are where we are but he has to take some blame but it boils down to that arrogant prick in charge and his blindness to what's wrong 

I think we will see a change on Saturday albeit given Lumley is said to be the worst QPR keeper in recent years it might be short lived…

Didnt get Baz get dropped at a similar stage of the season last year for being shit  ?

the other thing i really don’t get is when people say Baz has potential or will be at his peak in six years or so.

I’ve seen nothing since he joined us to suggest he will be a top level keeper. he doesn’t seem to have any of the attributes of a top level keeper but maybe someone who doesn’t make saves is the future of goalkeeping; a sort of anti-goalkeeper.

• Like 3

"This needs to change" 🙂

Looking forward to seeing the placard.

While I'd not put it past the club for a moment to persevere with a player in the face of all evidence in the hope of a fat sale, and because their arrogance knows no bounds...

Baz clearly isn't the best shot stopper. We all know that. The club know that too. However, they and successive managers see a lot of other things in his game. There are any number of other stats that could bring that out.

Some examples. When we've been at our peak RussBall this season, Baz has been key to providing quick, precise, well weighted passes all across the back line, and further up when required. It's been very impressive.

He's among the best at ensuring the posession based game that Martin's system depends on works. You'll see any number of our moves go through him at some stage. Yes, a lot of them would be standard for lots of keepers. But a number weren't.

In practice, that peak RussBall has been mucked about with. Stephens, Brooks, Rothwell, Sule aren't at their best with it.

So Baz's strengths aren't quite as needed. And there are any number of keepers who provide better all round shot stopping and support in a non RussBall set up.

It's the same now as it was for Baz at the start of the season. He, like a lot of our players, are stand outs is some areas, and limited in others. Baz's limitations are pretty severe, and noticeable, because it's stopping a shot.

For all the talk of ceilings and development, that might not happen, or not get to the level needed. I hope he improves, likely gradually, but enough that we get the benefit of an all round game while he's with us.

With all respect to the stats sites. Those are not the level of data analysis conducted by the clubs. It's a developing field. It doesn't fully reflect anyone's all round game for context. And most importantly, it doesn't have a stat for Scowling. Baz is top ranked for Scowliness.

3 hours ago, danjosaint said:

Martin or Ankersen?

That describes both of them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

This club runs me down sometimes because they do the most dumb fuck things, all self inflicted because they like to think they're different than anyone else.

In fairness they are different than everyone else. They're f*cking more arrogant and more stupid.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Turkish said:

Bazunu might improve but at what cost? Are we going to stick with him for a few more years costing points then if when he’s finally good enough flog him, which we know is going to happen. The reality is he’s probably at least 5-6 years away from getting anywhere towards his peak to the point where a top club would want him that can afford to pay what the fee will be. Plus unlike other positions you can only play one goalkeeper soo ok no guarantee even  if he is ever good enough anyone would want him. how many more points are we going to drop between now and then?

Man City must love dealing with us, with the money they’ve made from us we’ve basically covered Haalands transfer fee. 

.and you're right Turkish.  It may take another 5 years before Bazunu is anywhere becoming a top class keeper, but that's the way it is with keepers.

Meanwhile one of  " the big money clubs " will  buy him (whilst paying enough to give us a small profit)  and then put him on their bench for few more years,

whilst " the world class keeper "  he would be understudying, stays put as their number one choice.  

Then we have to find a suitable substitute who can handle life in the Prem. or (worst case scenario) ..continuing in the Championship for a year or two more.

However, we are back to the same situation (presently one of the youngest squads in our league), with a group of young talents who have to make

their way - in whatever league we end up in.   If Bazunu were to move on - we might have to give Lumley a run, or even the Polish keeper Lis, who is

presently on loan in Turkey, the alternative is  " back to square one " and buy the most promising keeper... in the Championship, or even L1.  

12 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Yes Clarkie, it's easy to get enthusiastic about good youngsters, but it takes time that we don't have for them to become first-choice names on the team sheet.

Looking back 10 years, Koeman gave us a couple of great seasons (even after the departure of Lambert, Lallana and Co.)  as he bought in 9 players (?),  many  

of whom had previously played for him at some stage in the past. A few missed the mark, but the real successes of his teams were;   Pelle,  Mane and Tadic. 

Many of the later "Reed signings " were less than adequate for the task they were purchased for,  and the manager's office needed a revolving door, to 

accommodate successive foreign manages who struggled with the Engllsh language, and an inability to adapt the players to  " their favourite playing formation ".

I'm not sure if this thread has developed into a criticism of Bazunu, or Russell Martin for continuing to select him, but there are other factors to be considered.

Bazunu was the first choice keeper when RM arrived, which is more than can be said for half of our present side, who were still only names in a  scout's notebook

when he walked through the door in the summer.  There have been some costly mistakes / decisions, but I think it's wrong to put the blame solely on the shoulders

of Bazunu, or Martin.   Unfortunately, this has been the most competitive season at the top of the table for many years, in any other season - we might even be top.

2 hours ago, david in sweden said:

.and you're right Turkish.  It may take another 5 years before Bazunu is anywhere becoming a top class keeper, but that's the way it is with keepers.

Meanwhile one of  " the big money clubs " will  buy him (whilst paying enough to give us a small profit)  and then put him on their bench for few more years,

whilst " the world class keeper "  he would be understudying, stays put as their number one choice.  

Then we have to find a suitable substitute who can handle life in the Prem. or (worst case scenario) ..continuing in the Championship for a year or two more.

However, we are back to the same situation (presently one of the youngest squads in our league), with a group of young talents who have to make

their way - in whatever league we end up in.   If Bazunu were to move on - we might have to give Lumley a run, or even the Polish keeper Lis, who is

presently on loan in Turkey, the alternative is  " back to square one " and buy the most promising keeper... in the Championship, or even L1.  

Surely if Baz moves on we buy a new keeper who can make saves?

6 minutes ago, saintant said:

The next fan's forum could be interesting if RM and Baz are still in their current roles. 

I wonder if anyone will quote the fact he's been statistically the worst keeper in the division for the second season running.

17 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I wonder if anyone will quote the fact he's been statistically the worst keeper in the division for the second season running.

For a club which likes to pride it's self on following stats to gain the 'small percentages', I find it incredible that we're putting our fingers in our ears on these pretty conclusive Baznu stats, I hadn't realised just how bad they were this year. It's not like there's .1 in it or anything like that, you can't even moan about data quality as he is at least 4 goals worse than the nearest shit keeper and that is awful. 

There's no where to go with them, you can't fluff them up in any way. Statically he doesn't make saves at PL level or Champ level.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

For a club which likes to pride it's self on following stats to gain the 'small percentages', I find it incredible that we're putting our fingers in our ears on these pretty conclusive Baznu stats, I hadn't realised just how bad they were this year. It's not like there's .1 in it or anything like that, you can't even moan about data quality as he is at least 4 goals worse than the nearest shit keeper and that is awful. 

There's no where to go with them, you can't fluff them up in any way. Statically he doesn't make saves at PL level or Champ level.

“statistically”

🙄

There’s far more important things to discuss at the forum, like the catering & birds team. They won’t waste time on nonsense like the first team. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

This could be combined quite effectively with a high consensus of eye-witness testimony, perhaps close to 30,000. 

• Like 1

Martin might brave up now that Wilcox no longer has his probationary balls in the vice.  Thankfully we have the redoubtable Lumley to step in. 

22 hours ago, Turkish said:

Just like strikers and centre backs our glovesman recruitment has been absolutely ridiculous for years. Signing Gunn for £10m when we already had Forster and McCarthy. Giving McCarthy a long term contract which made him one of the clubs highest paid players whilst never really being a competent keeper and is now third choice. Signing Lis then loaning him out, signing a keeper who had never played above league one level and expecting him to immediately become a premier league level keeper. Then having back up so bad you have to stick with him despite him being not up to the job, it’s an utter shambles when you look at it. How hard is it to pickup a fairly experienced and competent goal custodian that might make the odd point winning save?

A litany of incompetence stretching back over multiple seasons. I don’t want to bring seaside b&b’s into this but……..

15 hours ago, Galway saint said:

I think we will see a change on Saturday albeit given Lumley is said to be the worst QPR keeper in recent years it might be short lived…

Didnt get Baz get dropped at a similar stage of the season last year for being shit  ?

the other thing i really don’t get is when people say Baz has potential or will be at his peak in six years or so.

I’ve seen nothing since he joined us to suggest he will be a top level keeper. he doesn’t seem to have any of the attributes of a top level keeper but maybe someone who doesn’t make saves is the future of goalkeeping; a sort of anti-goalkeeper.

Exactly .. it’s funny how people always try to draw positives from the consistently picked shit players 

bazunu - great passer for a keeper 

elyounoussi - his off the ball work 

Adams - a good second striker,hold up play etc 

ita all a load of bollocks really all three suck hard and are totally incapable of doing the job we want from them 

if what we look for in a goalkeeper is someone who is comfortable on the ball and can pass well but totally incapable of saving anything you might as well play David Brooks there it’s that stupid .. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

if what we look for in a goalkeeper is someone who is comfortable on the ball and can pass well but totally incapable of saving anything you might as well play David Brooks there it’s that stupid .. 

Ewood Park announcer on Saturday...

"And for Southampton, Number 1 David Brooks...".

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Ewood Park announcer on Saturday...

"And for Southampton, Number 1 David Brooks...".

Hehe well he would probably be equally useless at saving shots .. but would be an upgrade on the passing out from the back so why not 😆

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Hehe well he would probably be equally useless at saving shots .. but would be an upgrade on the passing out from the back so why not 😆

Could be an interesting experiment - stick an outfield player in goal for the next 8 games and see if we fare any worse.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, david in sweden said:

Agreed about Forster (Clarkie) and  the subsequent deal for McCarthy was much the same scenario, but goalkeepers take time to develop and very few young

goalies are good in the first season or two - sometimes longer. Perhaps Joe Hart was an exception and eventually made it to the England spot, likewise Pickford.

Getting a good young talented goalie on board is difficult when you have to say ..come and be our no.2 goalie - and we'll let you play a few Cup games.

In time Gunn became no. 1  at Norwich,  and Polish "Bart" was a disaster in most of Saints games, but has played for Championship sides for more than 10 years 

and it took Gazzaniga a few years to get a regular spot - anywhere.   I've always thought goalkeepers get better after 30 !, ..and it's often the case.

Signing Bazunu was a gamble, and Turkish also made the same point about signing Angus Gunn who was really out of his depth, and that 0-9 game finished him.

Burnley signed young Trafford (?) for 18 million and he's had big problems, (also from Man City,) but the transition from U21 or Championship to Premier League

is an enormous gap and is much greater than a mere 3 league places.  Last year's  3 promoted sides have struggled, but the relegated sides have flourished.  

Bazunu will improve.... but it may take time - if we can keep faith with him, but we need a first class coach to help him in that position. 

So we have for 2 seasons had to put up with the pain of constantly conceding in the hope he will improve. Of course once we've had to put up with all the crap for a few seasons he could nicely honed for another club who will get the positives. 

I truly hope Baz proves us wrong and starts to prove his worth, but I have pointed out for a long time he is not up to it (yet)and he cost us in tight games. 

• Sad 1

On 03/04/2024 at 15:27, S-Clarke said:

You can go back a tiny bit further to the ridiculous re-contract of Fraser Forster, after he'd only just signed one. That financially lumbered us for years.

Our goal keeping recruitment has been bat shit crazy for many years now. If Rotherham can find Viktor Johanssson then why can't we find one of those? This 'finding the next young gem we can sell for a profit' approach is killing us dead.

IMO Antii Niemi was the last top class one we had.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

If it’s so important for the keeper to be good with his feet, then put Shea Charles in goal.

It’s a ridiculous defence of Bazunu.  

Finally some original thinking.

I like this and could get behind this switch 🤣

In summary, our no1 set a PL record last season for the highest negative xG ever recorded. This season, he's on track to repeat this performance in the Championship, heading towards the lowest xG ever recorded in the league.

Furthermore, our backup goalkeeper was the worst performer in the Championship last season, with an xG of -10.1 goals prevented, what is worse is that Baz has already done worse than Lumley and that's with eight games remaining.

I know it's insane to say this given the level we're playing and the money involved, but I don't believe it's too late for Baz to change to another position given his age. There's no fucking way this man is a goal keeper, period.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, SaintsBarry74 said:

In summary, our no1 set a PL record last season for the highest negative xG ever recorded. This season, he's on track to repeat this performance in the Championship, heading towards the lowest xG ever recorded in the league.

Furthermore, our backup goalkeeper was the worst performer in the Championship last season, with an xG of -10.1 goals prevented, what is worse is that Baz has already done worse than Lumley and that's with eight games remaining.

I know it's insane to say this given the level we're playing and the money involved, but I don't believe it's too late for Baz to change to another position given his age. There's no fucking way this man is a goal keeper, period.

That's as black and white as it gets really, you can argue stats when they're borderline and query the data quality etc etc - but he doesn't have borderline to his benefit, he is by a distance the worst, not by .1's or anything, but entire figures. There is no where to hide on this.

I thought he had a spell this season where he was fine, we looked settled and he was actually going up that league table a bit - but since Feb he has let in some shockers and low and behold he's tumbled right to the bottom again.

I'll be interested to hear if Adam Blackmore broaches this question tomorrow and what Martins response will be. If he can drop KWP for ''playing badly'', then I'd like to see his justification for keeping Bazunu in the 11 with the stats in front of us, which are based on 2 years worth of data - if they want to obsess over stats, they're right there.

• Like 3

Whether it's the standard of the keeper, the all too regular missed sitters at the other end or all that occurs in between, the stable door has been swinging a long, long time now.

Sod all seems to ever get done to resolve it.

The SR philosophy of aiming for a 50% pass rate will fail yet again.

7 hours ago, Turkish said:

RMs defence of Baz was so extreme I think deep down he knew he was lumbered with a keeper who was going to be a liability, went so over the top praising him looks a bit silly in hindsight. 

A colleague of mine follows Republic of Ireland home and away and doesn't rate him either but they're resigned to not qualifying for tournaments with the likes of Baz, Manning and Smallbone in the team. 

The only big save I remember is the WBA one the other week.  I think net-net he has probably cost more points than he has saved us hasn't he, unfortunately.

But, I think whatever we do, we need to stick with it from now until the end of the season.  A settled back 5 would be so valuable I think.  And that has to be GK / Bree / Bednarek / TBH / Peters.  Play them, get them gelling, and hope we are more solid for the playoffs. I think that would be my one ask of Russell Martin right now - settled back 5.

McCarthy is obviously totally out of the picture but I am sure he stops at least 2 of the Ipswich goals the other day.  Be good to get him off the wage bill in the Summer.

Bazunu was terrible last season, and has been very poor this season...all whilst in a team that is comfortably top 4. Very poor

I said at the start of the season that Angus Gunn will have a better season, in a worse team, than Bazunu

On 30/12/2023 at 00:24, Lighthouse said:

Some people seem to think he’s useless, should be nowhere near the team, is the worst keeper in the league or if they are being kind, ‘might be good enough in ten years’. There are more than enough people claiming his mistakes ‘cost us points’ as if that’s somehow unique to him and not every player, in every squad in the country.

Kelvin was in the team of the season last time we got promoted. He was frequently beaten low at his near post, had the odd howler in his locker and his distribution was nowhere near as accurate and composed as Baz.

The hyperbole is from people claiming he’s some sort of liability, holding this team back, when that’s very clearly not the case. Every player will make mistakes which will cost us points. If they didn’t we’d finish the season on 138 points.

Kind of true, yes?

23 hours ago, Galway saint said:

I've always liked Baz. Russball relies on a goalkeeper who is confident on the ball and has good distribution - which Baz has. Problem is he's a truly useless goalkeeper and like you and many other, Galway, I've seen nothing to suggest he's going to get better. Problem is, I don't think now is the time to bring in Lumley. This guy sounds like Captain Calamity, and while I've only seen him play twice in a Saints shirt and in one he did ok, that Youtube compilation for his fails doesn't help his cause.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

I've always liked Baz. Russball relies on a goalkeeper who is confident on the ball and has good distribution - which Baz has. Problem is he's a truly useless goalkeeper and like you and many other, Galway, I've seen nothing to suggest he's going to get better. Problem is, I don't think now is the time to bring in Lumley. This guy sounds like Captain Calamity, and while I've only seen him play twice in a Saints shirt and in one he did ok, that Youtube compilation for his fails doesn't help his cause.

It’s like choosing between Jimmy Saville and Gary Glitter for babysitting duties.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

Scary video! I'd rather make Mccarthy earn his money!

• Haha 1

Has anyone mentioned Lis?

On loan at Goztepe

17 clean sheets in 27 apps.

3/7 Pen saves

4inches taller than Bazunu.

Only conceded more than 1 goal 4 times

Could he start for us next season if we don't go up?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

Haha. I trust my toddler to do our recruiting better than this; what a mess! I'm tempted to put on some oven mitts and turn up tomorrow at the training ground for a shot at the goalie position.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LeG said:

Has anyone mentioned Lis?

On loan at Goztepe

17 clean sheets in 27 apps.

3/7 Pen saves

4inches taller than Bazunu.

Only conceded more than 1 goal 4 times

Could he start for us next season if we don't go up?

Why not? Although as others have posted, signing Bazanu as a League One quality keeper at best for what £14m, when it should have been £750k + add-ons as a back-up, Lumley and making McCarthy a top earner, the club’s diabolical reputation for recruitment doesn’t inspire any faith. 

Although with a record of extortionate and inexplicable failure like Ross Stewart, Guido Carrillo and Paul Onachu in the striker department, it almost (I said almost!) looks an improvement. 

Lis would be cheap so would suit from that perspective. 

Edited by Gloucester Saint

He was initially a winger back in his Shamrock youth days, transitioning into a keeper later into his development.

quote above from a 2022 article

think this explains a lot and why he doesn’t really have the necessary goalkeeping attributes; in substance he’s an average outfield player who now plays in goal 

maybe we try him on the wing for the rest of the season and see how he goes. might be more effective than edozie 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Gavin Bazunu