Leeds 1-2 Southampton - Match Thread

Dman

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

I know it's obvious to say, but Downes makes such as huge difference. He hussles defensively, and he helps us get out of tight holes when we have the ball. He's willing to take the ball when a an is tight to him. 

He’s an excellent player will be playing on the premier league next season for someone you’d think 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

For Downes who has been the best player on the pitch

has a feel of a friendly now anyway 

Both teams have clearly taken their foot off the throttle, understandable really. Obviously the result won’t count for anything but having listened to Leeds fans call us the, "flat track bullies who only beat sh*t teams," all season, it would be hilarious to do the double over them.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

He’s an excellent player will be playing on the premier league next season for someone you’d think 

Maybe. He's genuinely `too good for the Championship'. But there weren't any takers last summer and everyone got a good look at him at West  Ham playing at that level. 

Obviously we'll win the play offs and he will sign for us.

UNlucky Sulemena

1 minute ago, stknowle said:

He doesn’t look interested. No movement or hard running.

he just showed great movement for the header a second ago? 

• Like 1

another decent McCarthy strong handed parry. He's looked pretty solid.

On another day those parries go to a forward, we concede and everyone says how shit he is. Not a single mention about it when it doesn't pan out like that.

• Like 1

We're playing much deeper. Odd to see us happy to conserve energy, and let Leeds have possession. We have Sule waiting for a slip. Leeds had a chance as we sat in our box.

2 strong parties out from McCarthy today.

Experienced play from Aribo to get us a free kick with not much going on ahead of him.

Just now, Chez said:

another decent McCarthy strong handed parry. He's looked pretty solid.

On another day those parries go to a forward, we concede and everyone says how shit he is. Not a single mention about it when it doesn't pan out like that.

My son mentioned it to me :)

5 minutes ago, stknowle said:

He doesn’t look interested. No movement or hard running.

Has to be between him, Carrillo,  Mara and Ali dia for worst ever saints player. But based on his price tag it’s hard to look far past him. Absolute dross 

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

he just showed great movement for the header a second ago? 

Was alright it’s more a general comment on his effort and attitude. A couple of mins after the header he could’ve possibly been played through but there was no speed, movement or effort to make life hard for the covering fullback. Happy for you to disagree as always, its all about opinions.

1 minute ago, Chez said:

thats really bad tackle both feet off the ground. Red in the Prem possibly.

If he'd caught him with his leading leg and not the trailing one, it probably would have been.

2 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said:

Has to be between him, Carrillo,  Mara and Ali dia for worst ever saints player. But based on his price tag it’s hard to look far past him. Absolute dross 

You obviously didnt witness Stephen O'Halloran in a Saints shirt then?

2 minutes ago, stknowle said:

Was alright it’s more a general comment on his effort and attitude. A couple of mins after the header he could’ve possibly been played through but there was no speed, movement or effort to make life hard for the covering fullback. Happy for you to disagree as always, its all about opinions.

I am just desperate for him to succeed. He ain't been great, but him blossoming at Saints would be fantastic. I'm not giving up on him yet.

• Like 2

Just now, Chez said:

I am just desperate for him to succeed. He ain't been great, but him blossoming at Saints would be fantastic. I'm not giving up on him yet.

Has the skills but not the effort 

Just now, Chez said:

We can certainly agree on that. Has to start wanting it though.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Leeds 1-2 Southampton - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic