Leeds 1-2 Southampton - Match Thread

Dman

Just now, obelisk said:

Saints moving the ball forward much more quickly. Less tippy-tappy possession is  working.

Yep. Great to see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Has the skills but not the effort 

perhaps consider him as a sprinter with explosive pace not long distant runner with a big engine. 

1 minute ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Ipswich - wow…following in Saints footsteps with back to back promotions 

Quality, watching that pitch invasion reminds me of when we went up. 

Hope they make the most of today, it’s the best it will ever get. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Leeds 1-2 Southampton - Match Thread

So the flat track bullies beat another crap team. Excellent performance and result, just what we needed to get back in gear for the playoffs. Leeds won’t be looking forward to Norwich.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saint_Ash said:

Fair play Ipswich. McKenna should get best overall manager of the season. 

Ipswich have done well but League One to Championship to Premier League might have happened too quickly IMO

Just now, manji said:

Ipswich have done well but League One to Championship to Premier League might have happened too quickly IMO

They might be ok if they hire Poch :D 

• Haha 1

It's a very good performance I'd say, maybe you weirdos should call our manager a fucking prick before a ball is kicked throughout the play-offs as well

W4 D2 against the other play-off teams, and P4 W4 in the route you'd "expect" for us in West Brom/Leeds

Downes looking good, minutes for Stewart and a bit of momentum just when we need it

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

best possible result.

A 2nd win over leeds, best players taken off uninjured, martin trying 3 at the back as an option, loch ness drogba getting minutes and norwich who have been a bogey team this season playing leeds in playoffs.

• Like 4

Good result and performance overall. We abandoned the tippy tappy football and it was the long balls that caused them problems. I just hope Che will be fit for the play-offs.

So... this was a great great afternoon.  V good chance we see Leeds again at Wembley. And if so, what happened today will really tilt the odds in our favour.   Stewart... exciting to finally have on board.  Smallbone looking better and better. KWP on fire again. Downes lethal. Confidence restored.....

Don't want to jinx anything but...  I think we can do this.

• Like 2