Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
48 minutes ago, MB said:

Announcement tomorrow folks. Brace yourself ….

There is actually someone on here who has been saying this for quite a while now...but guess what...it's not you.

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, MB said:

Announcement tomorrow folks. Brace yourself ….

... sometime between 1 and 2?  probably half way I'm guessing. 

Edited by egg
Posted
29 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

It wasn't 

"Expect news early next week when players are due back. Club to provide briefing."

Didn't happen.

"Look I really don’t give a shit. I’ll stop passing off info on here."

You didn't.

'Feel free to apologise to me tomorrow.'

No one had to 

"Tomorrow or Monday"

It wasn't 

Unfortunately your post history only goes back to the 20th of September so we've only got a couple of weeks to look through.

 

 

You can still find his earlier work.

  

On 30/07/2026 at 22:24, MB said:

Being announced tomorrow apparently

 

On 01/08/2026 at 18:38, MB said:

My understanding is the club are aware of said punishment but are considering options for appeal. Its not as harsh though as people fear. All I really know. 

 

 

  • Haha 3
Posted
23 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

Do we have a plan in place for if it is not tomorrow after this latest leak? How do we handle that? 

MB said JWP would be joining on loan in January. Applying a similar time lag, that means Tonda will get until the end of the season to get us promoted before he bows out with his ban.

On a serious note, Parsons did say this could take several weeks to resolve from the time he gave his interview, so I'm not sure the verdict's necessarily coming before the derby.

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

MB said JWP would be joining on loan in January. Applying a similar time lag, that means Tonda will get until the end of the season to get us promoted before he bows out with his ban.

On a serious note, Parsons did say this could take several weeks to resolve from the time he gave his interview, so I'm not sure the verdict's necessarily coming before the derby.

 

I'm fully expecting the announcement to come at 1201 on Sunday, ban effective immediately.

 

 

  • Haha 1
Posted
55 minutes ago, MB said:

Announcement tomorrow folks. Brace yourself ….

Is this the announcement of what the club knew back at the beginning of August or a different one? 

  • Haha 2
Posted
4 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Is this the announcement of what the club knew back at the beginning of August or a different one? 

It's the one they've been appealing in secret for the last two weeks without telling anyone. 

  • Like 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, Willo of Whiteley said:

MB.

Mentally Bonkers.

I think you mean Mystic Beacon...

  • Haha 3
Posted
24 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

It's the one they've been appealing in secret for the last two weeks without telling anyone. 

On a serious point, I think it's pretty likely that we are appealing a decision, and an NDA is locking down news in the interim. 

  • Like 3
Posted
3 minutes ago, egg said:

On a serious point, I think it's pretty likely that we are appealing a decision, and an NDA is locking down news in the interim. 

Do you think we would appeal in any eventuality, whatever the severity, providing the FA have provided some form of sanction?

Posted
2 minutes ago, egg said:

On a serious point, I think it's pretty likely that we are appealing a decision, and an NDA is locking down news in the interim. 

I’m not legally minded but I’m not sure a NDA is really applicable to this situation. If something is still being disputed it makes complete sense to do so privately and discreetly.

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, sfc4prem said:

Do you think we would appeal in any eventuality, whatever the severity, providing the FA have provided some form of sanction?

If it was felt reasonable, I'd imagine they'd live with it, but I don't think it'll be reasonable. 

Posted
Just now, Lighthouse said:

I’m not legally minded but I’m not sure a NDA is really applicable to this situation. If something is still being disputed it makes complete sense to do so privately and discreetly.

Turn of phrase - privacy agreement, whatever, an agreement to keep things hush hush. 

Posted
Just now, egg said:

If it was felt reasonable, I'd imagine they'd live with it, but I don't think it'll be reasonable. 

What would the club class as reasonable? A suspended ban? In my mind no punishment would be reasonable.

Posted
Just now, sfc4prem said:

What would the club class as reasonable? A suspended ban? In my mind no punishment would be reasonable.

No idea what they'd be willing to live with mate. 

Posted
Just now, Saint_clark said:

My source is obviously different to MB but he did confirm the announcement will take place sometime after now, which lines up with what MB has said. 

And before the end of time? I'd heard similar. 

  • Like 2
Posted
Just now, Saint_clark said:

Not sure, he didn't rule out that it may take place beyond measured time. 

It'll take place in quantum realm and will be every possibility all at once.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I’m not legally minded but I’m not sure a NDA is really applicable to this situation. If something is still being disputed it makes complete sense to do so privately and discreetly.

The NDA, if there is one, will relate to the decision, if one has been made, as I see it.

Edited by saintant
Posted
39 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

If something is still being disputed it makes complete sense to do so privately and discreetly.

Tell that to Boro…

  • Like 4
Posted
1 hour ago, egg said:

On a serious point, I think it's pretty likely that we are appealing a decision, and an NDA is locking down news in the interim. 

The likes of Alfie house were pretty adamant that as far as he is concerned the club are not aware of any outcome.

  • Like 1
Posted

The suggestion was that the panel would decide if he would be banned during any appeal. If -as some believe- there is some secret appeal going on then at the very least they will have decided he is allowed to be in charge during the appeal so we can be confident he will still be here on Sunday at least. Unless we haven't had any decision yet...

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

The thing about an appeal being in secret is possible but it seems very inconsistent. Just been having a look at the FA decisions - most of the sanctions they announce are before any possible appeal. The one recent FA case where it was only announced after appeal was where Chelsea were breaking financial regulations. So I'm not sure if that was just a special case or if there was a specific reason. Even Man City's guilty verdict was announced before an appeal.

 

I've been thinking that the delay in the decision was due to an appeal but the more I think about it, surely it would have leaked out by now. I genuinely think the club have no idea what's going on or when there will be an announcement.

 

Edited by Pamplemousse
Posted

Just at the moment I don’t really care whether he’s banned or not as long as we beat the Skates 4-0 on Sunday. I reserve the right to revise my opinion on Monday. 

  • Like 1
Posted

It was stated just before Tondas hearing almost 3 weeks ago that no announcement about the decision would be announced until after the International break. So unless we are counting South American friendlies, which i doubt we are, i would hope the announcement was in the remaining 3 days of this week.

  • Like 1
Posted

Warning! **This may be an unpopular view **

If we had done the right thing and sacked Tonda last season, none of this would matter. Gross misconduct in any business is sacking time. But not Saints.

I didn’t want him as manager, cheap option. However I changed my mind and was very impressed with his progress, got us to the play offs from a terrible position at Christmas. Great job done.

For what he instigated (and has admitted to), the money it potentially cost us not playing the final, and the ongoing saga of 301 pages about ‘spy gate’, it could all have been forgotten if we’d sacked him. New manager appointed pre season, no press interest as Tonda was gone, media pressure off, get on with getting out of this league. 

Now it could fuck this season up as well, amateur management Saints, amateur.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Posted
5 minutes ago, vectraman said:

it could all have been forgotten if we’d sacked him.

Apart from the inevitability that if his replacement had had a poor start to this season then the hindsight brigade (i.e. most people) would have been questioning Dragan's decision to not stick with Tonda...

  • Like 1
Posted
7 minutes ago, vectraman said:

Warning! **This may be an unpopular view **

If we had done the right thing and sacked Tonda last season, none of this would matter. Gross misconduct in any business is sacking time. But not Saints.

I didn’t want him as manager, cheap option. However I changed my mind and was very impressed with his progress, got us to the play offs from a terrible position at Christmas. Great job done.

For what he instigated (and has admitted to), the money it potentially cost us not playing the final, and the ongoing saga of 301 pages about ‘spy gate’, it could all have been forgotten if we’d sacked him. New manager appointed pre season, no press interest as Tonda was gone, media pressure off, get on with getting out of this league. 

Now it could fuck this season up as well, amateur management Saints, amateur.

I'm fine with it all. He's the best man for the job, warts and all. Do you really trust SR to get anything right? They only stumbled on Tonda by accident. Just hoping for a lenient ban and we can adapt and get things going. It's going to be quite the 'fuck you all' ride. Yeeehawwww!

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...