Skates

SET

:prayer:

You want to work in the Sh ithole every week and see their gloating fish fiddling faces when they see a Saints fan coming!

I don't WANT pompey to go out of business I PRAY they do.

The look on those same faces the day after they go bust is a price I would move heaven and earth to pay!

BRING IT ON!!!:smt041

Personally dont want Pompey to go bust but they must hang onto the one thing they have going for them if they are going to avoid it....Premiership status. Whether they are a 'Premiership' sized club isnt for debate as its all about wallet size these days and not fanbase etc. This Dr Shiek fella is shifty and I wouldnt like what im reading about him if I was a skate thats for sure. Something fishy going on big time.

If they get relegated I think its not going to be pretty, I didnt like us nearly going out of business and I wouldnt wish it on any other fan.

Hope we get them at SMS in the cup this season though.

Personally dont want Pompey to go bust but they must hang onto the one thing they have going for them if they are going to avoid it....Premiership status. Whether they are a 'Premiership' sized club isnt for debate as its all about wallet size these days and not fanbase etc. This Dr Shiek fella is shifty and I wouldnt like what im reading about him if I was a skate thats for sure. Something fishy going on big time.

If they get relegated I think its not going to be pretty, I didnt like us nearly going out of business and I wouldnt wish it on any other fan.

Hope we get them at SMS in the cup this season though.

You need to strengthen your team with Hayden Mullins first.

A modest bid would be accepted.

ok. On a free then

Look seriously I'm begging you.

Show some human kindness, some mercy.

No. I suppose it was a lot to ask.

You need to strengthen your team with Hayden Mullins first.

A modest bid would be accepted.

ok. On a free then

Look seriously I'm begging you.

Show some human kindness, some mercy.

No. I suppose it was a lot to ask.

Is it really a good idea for you to come on here and yet to have a go based on potential signings?

Really?

I'm not even going to bother. Too easy.

Rolly eyes etc

Is it really a good idea for you to come on here and yet to have a go based on potential signings?

Really?

I'm not even going to bother. Too easy.

Rolly eyes etc

I think they have already signed Mullins, I'm not sure he didn't play at Basingstoke.

On a more serious note, What's your opinion on the situation? I see Crouch is going today. Could the new chairman be employed by the previous owner to get his money out asap then the whole lot disappears?

Or is he a bonafide owner in his own right but having paid a lot less than thought whilst allowing funds to be raised on the transfer market to fund his purchase?

OK, here's a simple question; suppose someone were to give you the offer for P*mp*y and Saints to switch positions 3 years from now (owner, league position, and debts). (Your decision of course must be made now, not 3 years from now.) Would you take the offer?

No. But it'll be interesting to see what happens.....

pfc123, as someone who seems fairly reasonable (ish), though I can only imagine you come over here because your own forums must be incredibly depressing at the mo, what the hell is going on down there?!

If the non-Dr had the money surely he wouldn't be allowing the asset stripping....

What does Storrie think is going to happen next with a poor manager, no players, debts out of control and a half-hearted takeover partially completed, with no sign of any money yet?

You need something like £30M for the bank now, £20M for players, losses running at £2M a month, the transfer money coming in is already servicing debt so that has gone, the business is on life support, and if the league look at it and decide something odd is occuring they might withold TV money, and that would be the final nail.

I can't see any sort of financial plan let alone a football one, it all hinges on non-Dr producing a vast amount over a couple of years for squad and facilities - £200M? which he would have done by now if he had it, surely?

The business must be worth a quid to take on the debt, and remember that we have had a year or two of this so if you need any advice on admin, debt-restructuring, how to spot a dodgy takeover etc, just ask, we will be pleased to help! Though our points penalty-avoiding plan still needs work...

My tip would be that if you have set your heart on seeing Maradona opening that new stadium some time soon, you might need to have a rethink.

The difference between the likes of failed Prem teams Saints, Derby, Leicester etc etc is that we all spent the money on stadia, not on players wages that has gone out of football forever, it has cost us all, but the legacy is a value and structure in place for a future.

Without a massive injection of cash within three weeks (or an astronomical amount in Jan) I can only see a bleak future down there and in years to come you may be reflecting on Redknapp and Storrie paying a huge huge price for one FA Cup.

And by the way, I believe the non-Dr lives with his mum and dad in Barnet...

No. But it'll be interesting to see what happens.....

We'll probably have a good idea how it's shaping up for both clubs by Christmas. But I have very confidence that after 3 years, we will be above you in the Fizzy Pop. Are you really that confident that it will not be so? Your confidence in your new owner must have gone down rapidly over the past few weeks.

And what is the whole story exactly?

Do we include the Southern League titles and FA Cup finals from the turn of the century (when the Southern League was the equal of the Football League)?

Do we acknowledge the part that Southampton Football Club played in introducing the game to Brazil (which is a part of our history that we should make much more noise about both here and around the world)?

Do we acknowledge that the attendance records pre war are simply eye witness estimates and as such cannot be relied upon and therefore the only attendance facts are those from the post war period?

We are what we are and to be honest even in division 3 we are still a bigger chip on your shoulder than you are on ours.

Love that last line

pfc123, as someone who seems fairly reasonable (ish), though I can only imagine you come over here because your own forums must be incredibly depressing at the mo, what the hell is going on down there?!

If the non-Dr had the money surely he wouldn't be allowing the asset stripping....

What does Storrie think is going to happen next with a poor manager, no players, debts out of control and a half-hearted takeover partially completed, with no sign of any money yet?

You need something like £30M for the bank now, £20M for players, losses running at £2M a month, the transfer money coming in is already servicing debt so that has gone, the business is on life support, and if the league look at it and decide something odd is occuring they might withold TV money, and that would be the final nail.

I can't see any sort of financial plan let alone a football one, it all hinges on non-Dr producing a vast amount over a couple of years for squad and facilities - £200M? which he would have done by now if he had it, surely?

The business must be worth a quid to take on the debt, and remember that we have had a year or two of this so if you need any advice on admin, debt-restructuring, how to spot a dodgy takeover etc, just ask, we will be pleased to help! Though our points penalty-avoiding plan still needs work...

My tip would be that if you have set your heart on seeing Maradona opening that new stadium some time soon, you might need to have a rethink.

The difference between the likes of failed Prem teams Saints, Derby, Leicester etc etc is that we all spent the money on stadia, not on players wages that has gone out of football forever, it has cost us all, but the legacy is a value and structure in place for a future.

Without a massive injection of cash within three weeks (or an astronomical amount in Jan) I can only see a bleak future down there and in years to come you may be reflecting on Redknapp and Storrie paying a huge huge price for one FA Cup.

And by the way, I believe the non-Dr lives with his mum and dad in Barnet...

I used to buy all my mini cooper bits from a supplier in Barnet. Don't think he ever tried to buy a football club?

Trouble is, all these figures pointing to doom and gloom are virtually all guesswork. Add the fact that journo's have nothing to write about until players start drifting back from holiday, and that some of those stories are written by bitter and twisted Newcastle fans like Sean Custis writing bull**** 'Pompeygate xx' stories just to fill some space, and you end up with a bunch of half truths at best.

I've no doubt that Gaydamak like many business people has been feeling the pinch and has been shipping out high earners to try to balance the books. It might well be that Al Fahim isn't as well off as The Cranemeister, but I'm prepared to give the guy a chance before throwing my ST in the bin. Realistically, I don't have a choice do I?

We'll probably have a good idea how it's shaping up for both clubs by Christmas. But I have very confidence that after 3 years, we will be above you in the Fizzy Pop. Are you really that confident that it will not be so? Your confidence in your new owner must have gone down rapidly over the past few weeks.

Yes to a degree, but we're just not sure about anything at the moment. It's the age old adage of 'we're the last to know'. You do have the advantage of the new ground in place, but it almost bankrupted you and has led directly to the third division. You'll probably come back, it's just a case of how long is it going to take? No-one knows, all we can really do is sit and watch what happens :confused:

I think they have already signed Mullins, I'm not sure he didn't play at Basingstoke.

On a more serious note, What's your opinion on the situation? I see Crouch is going today. Could the new chairman be employed by the previous owner to get his money out asap then the whole lot disappears?

Or is he a bonafide owner in his own right but having paid a lot less than thought whilst allowing funds to be raised on the transfer market to fund his purchase?

One of the things that I find amazing is that everybody seems to have bought into the presumption that Dr Al is the new owner. He isn't. He hasn't bought a single thing yet.

There has been delay after delay to the deal going through. Be it "in negotiations" "performing due diligence" or whatever.

When they ran out of reasons to explain the lack of completion (IMO of course) they made an announcement that a deal had been agreed "in principle" and put Dr. Al on the board.

Firstly, agreeing a deal in principle is often (although admittedly not exclusively) done before due diligence based upon the information that the seller is prepared to give up front as a confirmation of serious interest before the books are handed over for full inspection. It makes no sense to do this after the DD. If he has completed due diligence and is happy that he has the full picture why have they not negotiated and completed yet?

Even national newspapers are reporting developments at Pompey and including statements about the "takeover which completed last week". It did nothing of the sort!

Also unnoticed is that at the time that the "agreement in principal" was announced. Dr. Al had his journalist friend publish this article, seemingly adding weight to the presumption that everything was as good as done.

A few weeks later the fact that the stated completion date (24th) has come and gone without so much as a whisper has been ignored.

IMO stories such as the Diego M one were also just planted to reinforce the assumption that the takeover was complete in people's minds.

Secondly, why would Gaydamak allow Dr. Al to take over the chairman's role, giving him huge influence over one of his major investments, if he hasn't yet sold it? Just doesn't seem like something that somebody would do unless there was more than meets the eye.

It may be that I am a conspiracy nut of "the moon landings are a fake" proportions and so all should form their own opinions but I would speculate that either:

1) The deal never goes through.

Smoke and mirrors give Gaydamak enough time to extract as much money from the club via player sales and "a slice of" sky money as possible before the administrators show up.

2) The deal does go through.

Smoke and mirrors give Gaydamak enough time to extract as much money from the club via player sales and "a slice of" sky money as possible before letting Dr. Al have the club for £1.

Dr. Al tries to muddle through. If they make it to the end of the season with no money for new players and not cash (as Gaydamak has it all) and stay up (unlikely) Dr. Al wins. If they don't he only loses £1 so doesn't really care.

3) The deal does go through.

Everything is totally above board and as being reported in the media. I am made to look silly for being so sceptical.

Edited by Clapham Saint

Some interesting observations Clapham Saint and FWIW I don't think you're that wide of the mark.

Interesting that according to the Guardian this morning, Harry appears to be contradicting the Pompey line that a £10m fee has been agreed for Crouch.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/27/peter-crouch-tottenham-transfer-bid

Could it be that he'll play hard ball with Pompey to get the price down (seeing as they can't get the £12m they wanted).

If the guy doesn't have the money & Gaydemak is getting his money out through player sales then I can't see Pompey lasting v long if the rumour that Gaydemak is taking half the Sky TV money as well is true. Their income will be very little and although the wage bill will be reduced, they will have considerable losses. They are truely on a slippery slope.

Some interesting observations Clapham Saint and FWIW I don't think you're that wide of the mark.

Interesting that according to the Guardian this morning, Harry appears to be contradicting the Pompey line that a £10m fee has been agreed for Crouch.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/27/peter-crouch-tottenham-transfer-bid

Could it be that he'll play hard ball with Pompey to get the price down (seeing as they can't get the £12m they wanted).

If the guy doesn't have the money & Gaydemak is getting his money out through player sales then I can't see Pompey lasting v long if the rumour that Gaydemak is taking half the Sky TV money as well is true. Their income will be very little and although the wage bill will be reduced, they will have considerable losses. They are truely on a slippery slope.

And in the meantime they release several rumours of big time signings that are a certainty, but which mysteriously fall though at the last minute. Is this a delaying tactic to keep the blue few faithful onside? After the Maradona fiasco, it now emerges that Finnan's agent told The News last week that he was staying at Espanol. We'll see who is right soon enough.

[/font][/color]

One of the things that I find amazing is that everybody seems to have bought into the presumption that Dr Al is the new owner. He isn't. He hasn't bought a single thing yet.

There has been delay after delay to the deal going through. Be it "in negotiations" "performing due diligence" or whatever.

When they ran out of reasons to explain the lack of completion (IMO of course) they made an announcement that a deal had been agreed "in principle" and put Dr. Al on the board.

Firstly, agreeing a deal in principle is often (although admittedly not exclusively) done before due diligence based upon the information that the seller is prepared to give up front as a confirmation of serious interest before the books are handed over for full inspection. It makes no sense to do this after the DD. If he has completed due diligence and is happy that he has the full picture why have they not negotiated and completed yet?

Even national newspapers are reporting developments at Pompey and including statements about the "takeover which completed last week". It did nothing of the sort!

Also unnoticed is that at the time that the "agreement in principal" was announced. Dr. Al had his journalist friend publish this article, seemingly adding weight to the presumption that everything was as good as done.

A few weeks later the fact that the stated completion date (24th) has come and gone without so much as a whisper has been ignored.

IMO stories such as the Diego M one were also just planted to reinforce the assumption that the takeover was complete in people's minds.

Secondly, why would Gaydamak allow Dr. Al to take over the chairman's role, giving him huge influence over one of his major investments, if he hasn't yet sold it? Just doesn't seem like something that somebody would do unless there was more than meets the eye.

It may be that I am a conspiracy nut of "the moon landings are a fake" proportions and so all should form their own opinions but I would speculate that either:

Smoke and mirrors give Gaydamak enough time to extract as much money from the club via player sales and "a slice of" sky money as possible before the administrators show up.

Smoke and mirrors give Gaydamak enough time to extract as much money from the club via player sales and "a slice of" sky money as possible before letting Dr. Al have the club for £1.

Dr. Al tries to muddle through. If they make it to the end of the season with no money for new players and not cash (as Gaydamak has it all) and stay up (unlikely) Dr. Al wins. If they don't he only loses £1 so doesn't really care.

Everything is totally above board and as being reported in the media. I am made to look silly for being so sceptical.

Excellent summing up of the current situation.

It's fuuny, that after both clubs appeared in the FA cup final they have managed to both implode in a blaze of glory.. I spose at least Pompey managed to get something out of it..... unlike us :(

Only because the magic balls handed them Cardiff and not Arsenal!

doesn't Morgan play for Sheff United and is ex Barnsley? Very decent CCC level centre back. Perch is a decent player, but Lewis McGugan is the next big thing from Forrest in my opinion.

Christ, if Crouch and Distin leaves they are seriously running out of quality. I heard Elano was a target.

And we think we're struggling for a squad. Their's has been decimated this summer, how many turned up for pre-season training, something like 16?, they're just about to lose Crouch, Distin is being touted as going to Villa and with Campbell likely to move elsewhere they really are down to the bare bones. Unless they get themselves sorted very quickly, both on and off the field, they could start the season as one of the favourites to go down. Oh what joy.

The problem pompey are going to have is that players like James, Kranjcar and Distin would have signed with the intention of playing European football under Redknapp, not for a relegation scrap with some unknown as manager. They will be more concerned with getting their agent to sort out a decent move than keeping the skates up.

FMPR now that our takeover has been completed, we only have potential transfer targets to keep us interested until the season starts, but the situation down at your club is much more interesting than ours at the moment especially considering the rivarly so its no wonder we like to keep up to date with the down turn of affairs at your club

Considering you boys are not Pompey supporters you like to keep up with the Pompey news very well.

As saintdaz says, our site has become a bit mundane now that we have a wealthy owner and a decent manager. The state of affairs down the road is much more interesting; it's like watching a soap opera storyline unfold.

[/font][/color]

Thanks for that, it doesn't look good.

Considering you boys are not Pompey supporters you like to keep up with the Pompey news very well.

Very few of us go as far as to join one of their fans forums and post hundreds of times though?

Absolutely, because anything other than the WHOLE story is merely selective.

Mind you, the only way you can cling to a few crumbs of comfort from the third division is to be selective- you can't talk about honours, because we blow you away on that one, you can't talk about highest gate because we blow you out of the water on that one too (and any bleating about not having the capacity at 'the skip' is your own fault for not having the ambition to build a ground big enough), and you can't talk about overall attendance since we beat you on that one also.

You can try to say you're the bigger club, but you're not. You're a third division club with a bigish ground that put you in the third division and that's all.

I go back to a point I've made several times on here that is very seldom replied to (strangely enough) which is to settle the argument by asking people within the game and those who write about it what they think?

Like I've said before, sorry, but you won't like the answer.

Lots of abuse and not many facts incoming methinks.....

Quote "you can't talk about highest gate because we blow you out of the water on that one too (and any bleating about not having the capacity at 'the skip' is your own fault for not having the ambition to build a ground big enough), "

Erm, WTF is St. Mary's stadium then?

Yes it does!!! :p

I wouldn't want them to go out of business because they have been financially screwed and allowed to spend more than they earn. We were lucky, however I would be happy to see them below us from a competition perspective, but bust no, we need all the clubs we can get in Hampshire.

I would like the Football Authorities to set up a regulation that allows money to be gifted to clubs but not loaned which would stop this sort of thing happening.

It's fuuny, that after both clubs appeared in the FA cup final they have managed to both implode in a blaze of glory.. I spose at least Pompey managed to get something out of it..... unlike us :(

Don't know about you but I had a ****ing quality trip to Bucharest courtesy of the cup final.:cool:

Quote "you can't talk about highest gate because we blow you out of the water on that one too (and any bleating about not having the capacity at 'the skip' is your own fault for not having the ambition to build a ground big enough), "

Erm, WTF is St. Mary's stadium then?

Read it again, slowly this time....

So typical of the Pompey scum fans to be fighting each other. Reminds me of the CCC game at St Marys when they were fighting each other for running away before the game. Such a shame seeing their grotty little club in turmoil.

So typical of the Pompey scum fans to be fighting each other. Reminds me of the CCC game at St Marys when they were fighting each other for running away before the game. Such a shame seeing their grotty little club in turmoil.

Yes because Southampton has been such a happy place with no dissenters in the ranks and everyone behind the club