Sunderland Build-up Thread

Saint Garrett

We won't play Lee.

He isn't good enough.

Why is he not good enough? Seems strange that the more he has been out of the team through injury, the more he has been forgotten antherefordeemed not good enough. Not seen much of him but what we did he showed a great understanding with Lambert, fitted our way of playing and was really useful with his work rate. I for one would have him straight in for Lallana and he always scores for the u21s so why not give him a chance. 2 Japanese players in a premier league team at once can only do wonders for the Asian fanbase too.

Saints believe Lee has the ability and potential to be a top player.

What little I saw of him ..I believe he looks a class player.

If he does not come back into the reckoning soon......end game is nigh for his Saints career.

Personally hope he comes back into first team and proves just how good he is..:)

Like Puncheon...would then be like a new signing....

Why is he not good enough? Seems strange that the more he has been out of the team through injury, the more he has been forgotten antherefordeemed not good enough. Not seen much of him but what we did he showed a great understanding with Lambert, fitted our way of playing and was really useful with his work rate. I for one would have him straight in for Lallana and he always scores for the u21s so why not give him a chance. 2 Japanese players in a premier league team at once can only do wonders for the Asian fanbase too.

Speaking of players with great work rates who score goals for the U21s, what about Sam Hoskins? The lad has done really well and I'd love to see him involved.

Speaking of players with great work rates who score goals for the U21s, what about Sam Hoskins? The lad has done really well and I'd love to see him involved.

so would I, looks really sharp. Whether we'll see him in the PL team at any time soon remains doubtful . Cup game perhaps.

Anyway at 20 soon he needs to be playing first team football in the near future. All of our young "stars" were in the first team somewhere at 20.

Edited by Window Cleaner

1. Works both ways as players get better in the eyes of fans when not playing

2. The day we pick a team for reasons like this is a sad one indeed

Apart from heading the ball to Lambert to score against Leeds what do you base that on?

I think it's the opposite from saying he is forgotten therefore he is not good enough, people seem to think missing players are all of a sudden world beaters.

De Ridder,Lee,Sharp,Martin are examples.

Apart from heading the ball to Lambert to score against Leeds what do you base that on?

I think it's the opposite from saying he is forgotten therefore he is not good enough, people seem to think missing players are all of a sudden world beaters.

De Ridder,Lee,Sharp,Martin are examples.

Chaplow is the main one...!!!

I've seen two games with Lee in recently. Played a wide role against Man Utd U21s and looked like a fish out of water. Got in everyones way, no real interest in the game, did not commnuicate scored 1 of 2 penalties. Complete rubbish.

Played a central striking role -v- Necastle U21s on monday and looked a class above everyone else on the pitch. Sharp, hardworking, communicated well, scored a tap in but created havoc in the Newcastle defence. A real team player showing first team potential.

I've seen two games with Lee in recently. Played a wide role against Man Utd U21s and looked like a fish out of water. Got in everyones way, no real interest in the game, did not commnuicate scored 1 of 2 penalties. Complete rubbish.

Played a central striking role -v- Necastle U21s on monday and looked a class above everyone else on the pitch. Sharp, hardworking, communicated well, scored a tap in but created havoc in the Newcastle defence. A real team player showing first team potential.

Lee has never looked comfortable when put out wide. Understandable as he is a striker who makes runs between the lines.

We play 4231 yet seem to have an ambundance of central strikers and only a couple of players who can play wide of the attacking midfield three. The club have to improve our options here instead of trying to make otherwise talented strikers play in a position and system which they are not used to.

He is not good enough because 2 or 3 uber posters on this board say he is not based on nothing other then their ignorance. I think this was meant as a bit of a joke, so whoosh!!

He is not good enough because 2 or 3 uber posters on this board say he is not based on nothing other then their ignorance. I think this was meant as a bit of a joke, so whoosh!!

Please tell me why he is good enough and why i'm an uber poster?

Appy, given Tadanari Lee hasn't played a Premier League game and hardly played much in the Championship largely due to injury, I think it is too early to say either way if he is good enough for Saints in the Premier League.

So i'm not allowed to think he isn't?

I didn't think he was good enough last year.

Well of course you can, but I'm just pointing out we have very little to base any opinion on. fwiw I actually thought in the brief time I've seen him play he looked promising.

Stevenage, Leeds and the U21 game vs United?

Be funny if he is back after some fans threw their toys out of the pram about the club not telling us about his lay off

He won't be back.

I said the club should announce it if he has serious injury and is out for a substantial period of time as otherwise it's entirely pointless trying to keep something under wraps for so long. Hardly throwing the toys out of the pram.

they seem to be well informed about injuries and team sheets then, perhaps they're just guessing same as everyone else.

superior everywhere apart from Cuellar.

Really?

Would have Clyne over Gardner at right back.

Cork or Morgan over Colback.

I noticed Simon Peach moaning about the press conference on twitter too. Personally I like the way Adkins doens't pander to journalists. The same journalists who a few weeks ago were writing or broadcasting articles about him possibly losing his job. Fair play to the bloke.

I noticed Simon Peach moaning about the press conference on twitter too. Personally I like the way Adkins doens't pander to journalists. The same journalists who a few weeks ago were writing or broadcasting articles about him possibly losing his job. Fair play to the bloke.

Yeah they are the biggest hypocrites around. Hyping up with "El Sackio" or whatever it was before QPR then expecting him to tell them everything they want to know.