shurlock

Boruc

Chambers - Fonte - Lovren - Shaw

Cork - Schneiderlin

Lallana - Davis - JRod

Lambert

Subs: Kelvin, Clyne, Yoshida, Wanyama, Ramirez, JWP, Gallagher

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A two goal win puts us above Man Utd (as they KO at 17:30) and 3 points behind Everton (assuming they lose away at Chelsea). COYR!! :)

Edited by trousers

Not really, we'll finish 7th at best, 9th at worst and probably end up 8th. Such a missed opportunity today. :(

Yep, season over.

Apart from the farewell party for some of our better players of course who'd like to win a trophy occasionally.

Shades of Saints/Sunderland about our recent encounters with West Ham. Happy to be coming out of Upton Park with 3 points next week but it will need some leadership from the Manager and a reaction from the players.

Exactly they're a horrible little side -on and off the pitch- but have had the better of recent encounters.

Would be very satisfying to do them - not an easy place to go but would speak volumes about our resilience and progress.

Boruc

Chambers - Fonte - Lovren - Shaw

Cork - Schneiderlin

Lallana - Davis - JRod

Lambert

Subs: Kelvin, Clyne, Yoshida, Wanyama, Ramirez, JWP, Gallagher

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A two goal win puts us above Man Utd (as they KO at 17:30) and 3 points behind Everton (assuming they lose away at Chelsea). COYR!! :)

Yep... that should take care of West Ham

If we lose this now I will be angry as it is clearly a priority over today. However if we win, I imagine I will completely forget about today's result.

Win win.

Yes, a good win will put smiles on peoples face. In the long run a good strong finish to the season is important to keep momentum going ! As for Wham, I really dislike this arrogant club and would love to see Saints cut them down to size !

I'm one of these weirdos who watches football because they like watching football. I get a lot of funny looks when I tell people this at St Mary's. The up side though is that I am looking forward to this games as much as any other this season. Getting one over on West Ham after our dreadful performance at UP last year will do me quite nicely.

As far as the League goes, a win puts us 3 points behind Everton and Utd (assuming they lose at Chelsea and beat Palace respectively). Both have to come and play at St Mary's too. Having our best ever Premier League season and finishing 6th above Man Utd is pretty exciting for me, even if there are no trophies on offer.

Think we should rest a few for this, what with there being some massive games coming up after against so many of our rivals who are competing for 8th place.In all seriousness, can see another repeat of the last time and a 0-0 draw. 2 fairly solid defences and not much attacking intent

I'm one of these weirdos who watches football because they like watching football. I get a lot of funny looks when I tell people this at St Mary's. The up side though is that I am looking forward to this games as much as any other this season. Getting one over on West Ham after our dreadful performance at UP last year will do me quite nicely.

As far as the League goes, a win puts us 3 points behind Everton and Utd (assuming they lose at Chelsea and beat Palace respectively). Both have to come and play at St Mary's too. Having our best ever Premier League season and finishing 6th above Man Utd is pretty exciting for me, even if there are no trophies on offer.

You don't seem particularly keen on watching the game here http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?48048-WHU&p=1884840#post1884840 what has changed?

This ...

Not sure a week's rest is enough. We should rest people so they're fresh for the following week's training.

Gazzaniga

Stephens Yoshida Hooiveld Clyne

Reed JWP

McQueen Guly Isgrove

Gallagher

Not sure I'd play all of those, Guly and Jos will need a rest after Saturday. Maybe start Forte, his pacy legs will be raring to go.

Cant see Lovren being back yet, so same team as Hull. Will be hard game though, Wet Sham on a good run and need the points more than we do. A draw at best.

Lovren and Gaston will both probably be on the bench, little try outs before their respective international games and our home game with Liverpool, we'll need both of them for that.

I hope we can bounce back quickly after an appalling display at Sunderland. Still think that momentum is important for the club as well as the prize money although I'm fuming at the team selection at the weekend as I wanted us to have a real go at the FA Cup. It reminds me a bit of 2001 when Hoddle made those stupid substitutions at Tranmere and cost us a home Q-F with Liverpool, which would have been a brilliant last cup tie at the Dell. However, we regained momentum with an excellent win at Middlesbrough with Mark Draper getting the winner. We then went on a great run before Hoddle left. Hoping that history might repeat itself and cheer some of the fans up.

West Ham on a good run at the moment so this will be a tough game but if we play well we're more than capable of a win.

I can't stand Nolan, chiefly because he's a dirty player who is constantly niggling and fouling but gets a right cob on if anyone dares touch him or a team mate. I'd be tempted to start with Wanyama and tell him to kick the **** all over the pitch.

Is this an important game? Do we want to win it? I guess we do as it has a large bearing on whether we finish 8th or 9th so pretty crucial really.

For the sake of next season we do need to finish strongly. Keep the winning ways and carry on the building programme. This is the ideal time in fact for checking out some of our younger players and identifying new summer signings. Hopefully getting in early rather than leaving it to the last minute.

Really? Would you tell your grandkids about it?

Really? Would you tell your grandkids about it?

I went paintballing yesterday. I wont be telling my grand children about that either but I found it quite exciting.

It's really quite saddening seeing some of them comments on here recently. I remember being on the pitch after we beat Walsall on the last day of League 1 and the delight shared by the whole stadium at being back in the Championship, so we would have a shot at getting back into the big time. Now we're here and suddenly the place is full of brats saying the last 12 games of the season are pointless because we don't have a cup final to tell our grandkids about.

I fully understand the frustration, if I went to Sunderland on Saturday I would be livid and demanding my money back. However there are still 12 games left to play in the best League in the world, playing excellent football with no pressure or threat of relegation. Last year we would have killed to be in this position.

Clearly I am in a minority in my opinion, I'll leave it on this note; be careful what you wish for. Maybe in the summer we can sell, Lallana, Shaw, Morgan and JRod and go back to fighting relegation. We will have to go back to the 6-1 spankings and losing at home to Sunderland, QPR, Wigan and West Brom like we did last season but maybe the excitement of the League table will keep a few more people happy.