Other Team's Transfers

Beckenham Saint

Liverpool will not be able to replace Suarez. Not even with 75m.

Looking at #lfc, most of their fans seem to realise that too

Arsenal, City and Chelsea will be in top 3 and depends how will ManU strengthen as to whether Liverpool go back down to 5th where they belong

They're just cutting out the middle man then?

Few false transfer stories required.

"Southampton are interested in Chelmsford City's Tommy Forecast in a £30 million coup." Then post in in the Liverpool Echo.

Thats Lovren out then as the project he was sold has significantly changed.

Nope, just the first excuse. I think he should be able to carry on running with the ambitious club bit - inconvenient Suarez leaving but, he'll still use it. No doubt if that looks a bit shaky we will hear the fantastic history and wonderful fans. Then maybe CL. And then finally huge wages.

Kieran Richardson confirmed to have signed for Aston Villa

Lamberts lost it. Some very strange transfers this summer. Cole is long past it and Senderos is error prone. Along with Baker and Clark in their team, they will concede a lot of goals this season. Poor Guzan will have his work cut out. I can see them and WBA struggling.

Lambert has no money to play with, so not really a case of him losing it. I imagine that he will be first manager to get the sack with Keane taking over.

First manager out is a tricky one. WBA fans will be almost immediately on Irvine's back if they start poorly, as will Newcastle with Pardew though I think they'll do OK this season. As good as Dyche did for Burnley last season, promoted clubs rarely stick by the man that got them there unless they do OK too.

Hmmmm, I think A slow start could see Allardyce out of a job, as expectation to do better and change his style at West Ham could prove costly. He's already under pressure. IMO of course.

SSN reporting:

- Burnley have agreed a fee with Championship side Middlesbrough to take striker Lukas Jutkiewicz.

- Newcastle have agreed a fee with Montpellier for Remy Cabella.

Another Frenchman. Would be a good addition for them though. The Jutkiewicz transfer is a strange one, he's a decent player but Prem quality?

Another Frenchman. Would be a good addition for them though. The Jutkiewicz transfer is a strange one, he's a decent player but Prem quality?

Doesn't matter - They can only have strikers with a link to Southampton - It's their only criteria :)

Lambert has no money to play with, so not really a case of him losing it. I imagine that he will be first manager to get the sack with Keane taking over.

Keane's appointment does remind me a little of Meulensteen's for Fulham last year.

I think Lambert's just bulking out his squad a little for now and will sell a couple of bigger players to pay for first teamers. I bet he's gutted that Benteke's been injured because he could easily have got £20m for him at one point.

Looking forward to seeing Remy Cabella in the Prem. I suggested we sign him a few months ago, but he looks a real talent from what I've seen.

I think as soon as he has got a consistent end product he will be a great player. Some of his skills are very easy on the eye though so will be exciting to see more of him. Think we'll be seeing him spend quite a bit of time on the floor though, he seems to go down faster than a British girl offered a free drink in Magaluf

WBA have signed Left back Sebastian Pocognoli. He was a top purchase on FM 2007 iirc. (The game where Lescott was a good centre back for Everton and Chris Baird was still with us but being kept out the team by a half decent Alex Ostlund.)

I can only see Liverpool competing with spurs for 5th next season. 1 great season but always felt it was based on momentum more than anything, in the right position at the right time and then having the focus to keep going until it ultimately fell apart. They were still wide open and defensively poor. Thought gerrard's all round game at DM was awful, however many penalties he scored.

Cant say I'm not delighted they missed their one chance of the title. Could be another 10-20 years now. They seemed to have some bizarre contempt for Chelsea and man city wanting to defend as well as attack.

I hope ole lambert scores regularly, Gerrard retires ASAP and they ultimately yet nowhere.

I agree with you on Liverpool

As usual, part of the media are fawning all over Liverpool this window

But they (like spurs last season) have lost their one and only true world class player.

City will always be there or there abouts, Chelsea have an unbelievable squad and added Costa and fabregas (with more to follow) for giggles

United can only get better and are adding serious quality and arsenal have decided to continue spending. Sanchez is absolute quality. And they could well have 3 World Cup winners in their squad.

Liverpool really need to replace Suarez with a brilliant striker. Origi and lambert will not be good enough for a title push

Edited by Batman

Liverpool really need to replace Suarez with a brilliant striker. Origi and lambert will not be good enough for a title push

Hang on. Are you the same Batman who started a thread moaning that players are written off as soon as they leave? Now, a few hours later, according to you Lambert ain't much cop.

Why don't you make your mind up.

Now apparentlt

Hang on. Are you the same Batman who started a thread moaning that players are written off as soon as they leave? Now, a few hours later, according to you Lambert ain't much cop.

Why don't you make your mind up.

Now apparentlt

Being good enough for us and being good enough to win the league is massively different

Being good enough for us and being good enough to win the league is massively different

I dom't think that anyone disputes that Lallana or Shaw are good enough for us. Does that mean that we are allowed to doubt they will make impacts at their new clubs or is it one rule for you and one rule for everybody else?

I dom't think that anyone disputes that Lallana or Shaw are good enough for us. Does that mean that we are allowed to doubt they will make impacts at their new clubs or is it one rule for you and one rule for everybody else?

Funnily enough. I never mentioned lambert in my thread. Lallana was in team of the year and cost them £25m

To suggest he is not good enough and won't play is just plain daft. My point is that they will need a top top striker to replace Suarez, if they don't, they won't get champions league again. And lambert and origi will not be enough to fill any void Suarez leaves

Clear enough?

Funnily enough. I never mentioned lambert in my thread. Lallana was in team of the year and cost them £25m

To suggest he is not good enough and won't play is just plain daft. My point is that they will need a top top striker to replace Suarez, if they don't, they won't get champions league again. And lambert and origi will not be enough to fill any void Suarez leaves

Clear enough?

I see...

So in other words despite your thread earlier today....

We are not allowed to suggest that Lallana will not be first name on the Liverpool team sheet. Anyone who does that is "spouting c rap" But it is absolutely fine to say that Ricky is not up to Liverpool's standard. We can slag him as much as we like.

Goes against your earlier thread I would suggest.

I see...

So in other words despite your thread earlier today....

We are not allowed to suggest that Lallana will not be first name on the Liverpool team sheet. Anyone who does that is "spouting c rap" But it is absolutely fine to say that Ricky is not up to Liverpool's standard. We can slag him as much as we like.

Goes against your earlier thread I would suggest.

Lallana is easily good enough to start for liverpool

West Ham maybe doing well but when Sam gets his hands on them we'll see how they do.

This is why I reckon Allardyce could be the first managerial casualty. There's a lot of pressure on him not only to win but to play prettier football than they did last season. He has to hope those signings come good, and quickly.

Nice list on the OP, but should we really concern ourselves with players joining other clubs ?.....stats. may show that the majority of them will prove less value than their fees/salaries.

I'm most concerned that Les and Ronald get their act together and get us some good deals in the next month.

Nice list on the OP, but should we really concern ourselves with players joining other clubs ?.....stats. may show that the majority of them will prove less value than their fees/salaries.

I'm most concerned that Les and Ronald get their act together and get us some good deals in the next month.

It is possible to show interest into the wider footballing world you know?

Or do you just solely acknowledge saints related news?

That would be a great signing. They come into some money ? Would love him here.

The problem we have though, is where does he play? Got more than enough in that position. I imagine Palace are just spending what is available to them, what with the TV deal etc.

It is possible to show interest into the wider footballing world you know?

Or do you just solely acknowledge saints related news?

Firstly, I don't totally ignore other clubs' activities, but some people spend IMO too much time discussing / worrying / belating player deals that other clubs make (and somehow) wish we had.

"solely saints-related news " ?.....well I've been a Saints fan for 55 years, in good times and bad (and there's been a few of those), so YES I prioritise Saints.

NOTE: I acknowleged that the OP list was impressive, and probably took time to produce but I'm more interested in our signings.

Firstly, I don't totally ignore other clubs' activities, but some people spend IMO too much time discussing / worrying / belating player deals that other clubs make (and somehow) wish we had.

"solely saints-related news " ?.....well I've been a Saints fan for 55 years, in good times and bad (and there's been a few of those), so YES I prioritise Saints.

NOTE: I acknowleged that the OP list was impressive, and probably took time to produce but I'm more interested in our signings.

What's your point? It's one thread. Not like there isn't plenty of discussion on our signings on other threads.

You know you don't have to read this thread if you don't want to right?