At what point would you walk out of a Saints game?

kwsaint

The main problem we have is football clubs spent, typically, 100 years building up a fanbase by acting as a focal point of their community. They did this with fair prices, local players and the odd bit of success here and there. Then 20 odd years ago the Premier League came about and clubs stopped being clubs and became businesses. This is why the "if you don't like it, just don't go" bridge infuriate me. I go because my Dad and his Dad went, I want my children to go. Thanks to that 100+ years my family is emotionally invested in Southampton FC. It ****es me off that to continue these, many families in Southampton and other cities all over the country have to scrimp and save to carry this on. If ticket prices were a key element in player recruitment/ retainment I could kind of get it. But right now ticket prices reflect such a tiny part of a Premier League Clubs income it is borderline offensive when the 20 Premier League clubs vote against introducing a £30 cap on away fans like they did this week.

Excellent post! When my Dad took me to The Dell for my first game it was £4 or £5 for the pair of us. Now my own kids are at an age they would like me to take them to football (and they WANT to be SFC fans), the sad fact is I can't afford it. Football crowds used to be full of youngsters, teenagers, Dads and lads etc. The next generation is being priced out of football for short term financial gain but in the long term the game will be far worse off for it. Of course, no one cares that that the likes of me can't afford to go to football anymore as I'm sure my old seat is still full every game. However I really do think (all) clubs are making a mistake by ignoring the community element, family ties & emotionaly invested fans etc. that Jackanory describes so well.

So in short, I totally support football fans taking a stand. Even if much of the hysteria around the specific LFC walkout is actually based on misinformation, the wider point still matters.

The main problem we have is football clubs spent, typically, 100 years building up a fanbase by acting as a focal point of their community. They did this with fair prices, local players and the odd bit of success here and there. Then 20 odd years ago the Premier League came about and clubs stopped being clubs and became businesses. This is why the "if you don't like it, just don't go" bridge infuriate me. I go because my Dad and his Dad went, I want my children to go. Thanks to that 100+ years my family is emotionally invested in Southampton FC. It ****es me off that to continue these, many families in Southampton and other cities all over the country have to scrimp and save to carry this on. If ticket prices were a key element in player recruitment/ retainment I could kind of get it. But right now ticket prices reflect such a tiny part of a Premier League Clubs income it is borderline offensive when the 20 Premier League clubs vote against introducing a £30 cap on away fans like they did this week.

Another problem we have is that football is so tribal. Armchair fans love to "hilariously" mock Man City for not seeing out Champions League games. Anyone that knows anything about football would never doubt City's support, but instead choose to mock them on social media ("Emptihad lol") for preferring to pay for their children's Christmas presents than fork out £40-£50 for a ticket to a game against Seville on a freezing cold Tuesday night in November. Instead we should realise we are all in this together, whether you can afford ticket prices or just about get the money together to pay for them we should think about those priced out of the game and the future support of our clubs, teenagers and people in their early 20's that are completely priced out of going to the football, making a racket and having a laugh with their mates on a Saturday afternoon (or Saturday lunchtime, or Sunday any time, Monday night - or Friday night as of next season, but's thats just another thing we should be annoyed about).

So yeah, I'd walk our early. If we dropped 1,2 or 3 points in the process frankly so what. That's a ****ing selfish argument IMO "I've paid my money and want to see us win", yeah well good on ya. I wan future generations of our fans to be able to afford to see us win, lose or draw. One game where we may or may not drop a couple of points due to fans having the collective foresight and goodwill to protest against the disgusting prices charged by "Clubs" in the Premier League, is well worth it to stop our stadium and others being full of well fed 50 year olds and Chinese Tourists.

Up the Saints.

Top post mate, echos my thoughts.

the "just don't go" crowd do my nut in, they definitely don't understand the emotional investment in following a club that you've been brought up with , generations going off to the match together. Before we all stop going worth letting the clubs know that the greed they are showing is beyond contempt , just to pay players more and more, and football will become a one off treat for families to go to, bit like the theatre.

Another problem we have is that football is so tribal. Armchair fans love to "hilariously" mock Man City for not seeing out Champions League games. Anyone that knows anything about football would never doubt City's support, but instead choose to mock them on social media ("Emptihad lol") for preferring to pay for their children's Christmas presents than fork out £40-£50 for a ticket to a game against Seville on a freezing cold Tuesday night in November. Instead we should realise we are all in this together, whether you can afford ticket prices or just about get the money together to pay for them we should think about those priced out of the game and the future support of our clubs, teenagers and people in their early 20's that are completely priced out of going to the football, making a racket and having a laugh with their mates on a Saturday afternoon (or Saturday lunchtime, or Sunday any time, Monday night - or Friday night as of next season, but's thats just another thing we should be annoyed about).

So yeah, I'd walk our early. If we dropped 1,2 or 3 points in the process frankly so what. That's a ****ing selfish argument IMO "I've paid my money and want to see us win", yeah well good on ya. I wan future generations of our fans to be able to afford to see us win, lose or draw. One game where we may or may not drop a couple of points due to fans having the collective foresight and goodwill to protest against the disgusting prices charged by "Clubs" in the Premier League, is well worth it to stop our stadium and others being full of well fed 50 year olds and Chinese Tourists.

Up the Saints.

:thumbup:

Top post mate, echos my thoughts.

the "just don't go" crowd do my nut in, they definitely don't understand the emotional investment in following a club that you've been brought up with , generations going off to the match together. Before we all stop going worth letting the clubs know that the greed they are showing is beyond contempt , just to pay players more and more, and football will become a one off treat for families to go to, bit like the theatre.

This could be the next step, when are players going to be asked about this in interviews? With the coverage the Liverpool fans protest has generated making this such a huge story now, it would be interesting to see in the coming days/ weeks players asked if they agree that their increased wage demands are forcing traditional supporters to be priced out of attending matches. I honestly don't think they give a ****, the silence from all senior footballers during the FIFA scandal last year was deafening (I think even Christiano Ronaldo went as far as to say he couldn't care less as it didn't effect him).

People like Leyton above are unfortunately becoming the norm. Just saying "I'm alright Jack as I can afford it" doesn't help football long term. Yeah sure Chelsea, Liverpool, United et al can fill empty seats up with tourists no problem. The fact City can't is kind of endearing to them (the tourists will come as they success grows), but that isn't a sustainable long term model. Football grounds full of middle aged and elderly men/ women and half and half scarf wearing tourists filming throw ins with iPads ain't my idea of a fun day out.

Unfortunately I'm gonna have to disagree with my old mate Tyler Durden on this. Liverpool may be self pity City, but I don't care if it's them, the Geordies, Mancs or Spurs. The sooner supporters groups start making a stand on this the better, the excellently organised Spirit of Shankley group are saying "enough is enough" they can see tourists filling up their ground at the detriment of locals at every home game (which makes the atmosphere at Anfield shocking), they can see how things are going so whether or not the pricing affects them directly (and in the cases where it doesn't I think that's even more admirable to walk out as an act of solidarity to your fellow fans that will be affected) they decided to put pressure on the Board, and it's working. Klopp has come out in support of them today and FSG have announced they are reviewing the new pricing structure. Good on 'em.

Unfortunately I'm gonna have to disagree with my old mate Tyler Durden on this. Liverpool may be self pity City, but I don't care if it's them, the Geordies, Mancs or Spurs. The sooner supporters groups start making a stand on this the better, the excellently organised Spirit of Shankley group are saying "enough is enough" they can see tourists filling up their ground at the detriment of locals at every home game (which makes the atmosphere at Anfield shocking)

Do you think if they reduced the price of every ticket that it would stop the tourists?

Clearly everybody would, if given the option, choose to pay less for tickets. With most PL grounds sold out every week, the only people that really benefit are those who already go. Most clubs operate schemes which ensure those who attend most regularly get priority, so how would reducing the price help those who can't go now because they can't afford it? All it would do is provide a different reason as to why they can't go, i.e. there aren't enough tickets to satisfy the demand.

Do you think if they reduced the price of every ticket that it would stop the tourists?

Clearly everybody would, if given the option, choose to pay less for tickets. With most PL grounds sold out every week, the only people that really benefit are those who already go. Most clubs operate schemes which ensure those who attend most regularly get priority, so how would reducing the price help those who can't go now because they can't afford it? All it would do is provide a different reason as to why they can't go, i.e. there aren't enough tickets to satisfy the demand.

Yes, as it allow long standing local fans (Like Leyton Lundekvam above) the opportunity to attend matches. That may not be the case at Liverpool which makes their stand all the better for clubs like ours where ticket prices are suddenly under the spotlight that could benefit the most.

You may be right about the most grounds sold out each week. I haven't got the stat's to hand. However I see plenty of empty seats at most grounds outside the top 6, including ours. Meanwhile we pat ourselves on the back that we have a pricing model that is "just right" we just about fill the ground up with well off middle aged people, all the while with little or no thought to those priced out, future supporters, teenagers and people in their early 20's who typically make the majority of noise inside a stadium.

I agree that essentially it is a supply/ demand thing. However as I mentioned before I could understand clubs constantly rising ticket prices if it was an essential element of said club's ability to attract and retain the best players, but with the latest TV deal that is clearly nonsense. A small gesture, like the £30 away ticket proposal (which apparently SFC supported) would be such good PR for minimal outlay. However the biggest clubs, that have long waiting lists and no desire to reward long term supporters, don't want to have away fans paying less than the cheapest home tickets. This is pure greed. No matter how anyone spins it paying £35 to watch 90 minutes of football is a complete rip off. Especially away fans where we are constantly treated like **** (facilities being shut, games being moved etc).

Personally I would never leave before the end of the game and these days I pride myself on being the last person in SMS.

Unless I have been able to help the stewards with the checking of seats, seen the goalposts being taken down and have been physically removed by security I don't feel I have given the team my full support.

in nearly 50 years of watching Saints have rarely walked out early but did so after we let in 4th goal in 5-0 away defeats in the championship at Sheff Weds and Hull City

Also walked out at half time at Wolves when we were 3-0 down at half time in the season we were relegated from the Championship

And admit I did walk out after Liverpool scored their 6th goal in League cup earlier this season

Yes, as it allow long standing local fans (Like Leyton Lundekvam above) the opportunity to attend matches.

The people who go to games now will be the main beneficiaries, they are already in possession, they'll just be able to pay less money to do so. It will not increase the likelihood of A N Other who hasn't been for a decade of getting a ticket for a big game. If anything, it will just increase the proliferation of the black market sale of tickets as a wannabe tout won't need as much of a bankroll to buy up half a dozen season tickets in other peoples' names, safe in the knowledge that it's a guaranteed profit every other week.

Lets not forget the club sneakily removed the cheap under 11 tickets for Cat B & C games!

I pulled the club up on that and they said in return they now allow you to buy as many under 11 tickets with an adult ticket in the family stand. The previous season it was 1 x free under 11 but if you wanted another under 11 ticket you had to by an under 16 ticket for any additional child whatever the age. good news if you are bringing more than 1 x under 11 but if like me you are bringing 1 x under 11 the free ticket is no longer free.

I pulled the club up on that and they said in return they now allow you to buy as many under 11 tickets with an adult ticket in the family stand. The previous season it was 1 x free under 11 but if you wanted another under 11 ticket you had to by an under 16 ticket for any additional child whatever the age. good news if you are bringing more than 1 x under 11 but if like me you are bringing 1 x under 11 the free ticket is no longer free.

The problem with the free ticket is that so many people were abusing it.

in nearly 50 years of watching Saints have rarely walked out early but did so after we let in 4th goal in 5-0 away defeats in the championship at Sheff Weds and Hull City

Also walked out at half time at Wolves when we were 3-0 down at half time in the season we were relegated from the Championship

And admit I did walk out after Liverpool scored their 6th goal in League cup earlier this season

Very impressive. I only managed to get to the 5th goal before leaving, but then my hide might not be as thick as yours as I've only supported Saints for 40 years.

I would love to see us take a lead and lower the prices in light of the new to deal. However I don't believe that is the "Southampton way" and we'll likely freeze them and be told that's a good thing. It's just greed. Especially when we're not selling out regularly.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford a ST. However football should be for everyone and a ticket should never be more than £30 in my opinion.

I'd gladly join in any form of protest if we increase the prices.

The major point here is that it is all the laws of supply and demand, particularly as football has shown itself to be completely elastic and non-price sensitive (i.e. you can continue to the push prices up and people will still go).

These economic laws don't take into account if your Dad's Dad supported the club. All these laws care about is what you can charge against how many people will pay. It seems that ceiling has yet to be reached. You can't hark on about clubs creating a buy-in a 100 years ago, as it's completely irrelevant.

If prices were suddenly £20 a ticket, there would be so much demand that the clubs would be over-run by demand, it would also make Premier League football extremely accessible and the PL don't want that. The product remains a premium product due to the price that is charged and the exclusivity that generates. I'm sure everyone would like to walk around in Armani, but not everyone can afford it.

So, I'm sorry, but you think it's too much - don't go. That's what I've done. I had a Season Ticket for 5yrs from Lge 1 to Prem, but jacked it in as I didn't think it was worth the money. I'm pretty sure someone has taken my place - the law of supply and demand and I'm not crying about it.

The people who go to games now will be the main beneficiaries, they are already in possession, they'll just be able to pay less money to do so. It will not increase the likelihood of A N Other who hasn't been for a decade of getting a ticket for a big game. If anything, it will just increase the proliferation of the black market sale of tickets as a wannabe tout won't need as much of a bankroll to buy up half a dozen season tickets in other peoples' names, safe in the knowledge that it's a guaranteed profit every other week.

Steve, Are you implying what I think you are implying - namely that there may be touts who have bought multiple Saints season tickets in fake names purely to sell them outside St. Mary's or online somehow? I thought that SFC screening would spot that?

The major point here is that it is all the laws of supply and demand, particularly as football has shown itself to be completely elastic and non-price sensitive (i.e. you can continue to the push prices up and people will still go).

These economic laws don't take into account if your Dad's Dad supported the club. All these laws care about is what you can charge against how many people will pay. It seems that ceiling has yet to be reached. You can't hark on about clubs creating a buy-in a 100 years ago, as it's completely irrelevant.

If prices were suddenly £20 a ticket, there would be so much demand that the clubs would be over-run by demand, it would also make Premier League football extremely accessible and the PL don't want that. The product remains a premium product due to the price that is charged and the exclusivity that generates. I'm sure everyone would like to walk around in Armani, but not everyone can afford it.

So, I'm sorry, but you think it's too much - don't go. That's what I've done. I had a Season Ticket for 5yrs from Lge 1 to Prem, but jacked it in as I didn't think it was worth the money. I'm pretty sure someone has taken my place - the law of supply and demand and I'm not crying about it.

Well done Mikey, give yourself a a pat on the back it sounds like you used this as your GCSE Economics case study.

The fact is supply and demand allows for exploitation of a market built on loyalty. The club's would be ill advised to focus on short term greed when their customers have been around for so long and will return again and again until you push them too far.

I would add one note to this which is price is not the only factor - often at St Marys we see the cheapest seats are the last ones to sell out. I think the club should make it £25 in wings for C cat games. This has been a good season for affordable football with home cup games priced well (just a shame we made a massive f&ck up off all 3 cups)

The demand is inelastic

Tickets in a grandstand to watch the British Grand Prix at Silverstone cost anywhere between of £260 and £350 and it lasts for only 90 mins yet 130,000 people turn up to watch. Every year people complain about prices and say never again but its full every year.

Saints regularly attract 32,000 crowds today even though prices have almost doubled since St Mary's opened in 2001. Are they the same 32,000 people? I doubt it but it proves that tickets will find an audience whatever the price if the performance and the opposition are appealing enough.

Sadly the realists are right, fan protests count for little these days. As more than one observer has mentioned before how long before stadium crowds are CGI'd onto empty stadiums to create the illusion of a full house?

Vicious circle, the time to protest about prices is when you are doing badly and down to the hardcore.

Problem is you don't do it because you feel guilty it may hurt team

When you are doing well , there will be JCL to buy tickets for games

I am 62 in April, 56 years of going to games, Home and Away, bought 2 sons into the faith but in all honesty I am slowly falling out of love with the Premier League, not the Club who will always be my team, but the greed is good league are manipulating football in this country.

From stupid kick off times, to blaming grass roots for the lack of talent when they take all the best to their academies from 8 and over coach them,to taking the pi** out of those who go to games.

Stinks

Just read about David De Gea losing out on a 66.7 mill contract when Man U and Real Madrid fecked up his move in the summer.

Puts things into perspective for me.

Good on you Liverpool fans, they still went, paid their money, supported their club, but most importantly made a point.

I am getting more and more uncomfortable watching millionaires/billionaires kicking a ball about and paying top dollar to do so, I love my club and have done so for 50 years plus but gone are the days when the fan is the clubs most prized asset.

That is one choice, with two options.

Incorrect.

choice

tʃɔɪs

noun

plural noun: choices

an act of choosing between two or more possibilities.

"the choice between good and evil"

synonyms: option, alternative, possibility, possible course of action;

the right or ability to choose.

"I had to do it, I had no choice"

synonyms: selection, choosing, picking;

a range of possibilities from which one or more may be chosen.

"you can have a sofa made in a choice of forty fabrics"

synonyms: selection, choosing, picking;

when they take all the best to their academies from 8 and over coach them' date='to taking the pi** out of those who go to games.[/quote']

Slightly off topic, but there are a number of kids turning down academies or leaving due to the restrictions placed on them. Most kids around here dream about being scouted by Saints but the reality can be very harsh for them. I know a few who have left because they just want to play with their mates and were fed up with not being allowed to. If they are good enough they'll be picked up again at a later date.

As for the tickrt prices, well I agree with everything Jackanory and JRM have said above.

Incorrect.

choice

tʃɔɪs

noun

plural noun: choices

an act of choosing between two or more possibilities.

"the choice between good and evil"

synonyms:option, alternative, possibility, possible course of action;

the right or ability to choose.

"I had to do it, I had no choice"

synonyms:selection, choosing, picking;

a range of possibilities from which one or more may be chosen.

"you can have a sofa made in a choice of forty fabrics"

synonyms:selection, choosing, picking;

You were incorrect. I was correct. The blurb you just posted, proves why.

You said "your choices are don't go or lump it" - that is ONE choice, with two possibilities/options; 'don't go' is one possibility, and 'lump it' is another possibility. The choice is between the two possibilities. It is one choice.

But you don't give it up, do you? So, therefore, it isn't too much. You might like to pay less, but while you and plenty of others continue to fork out, the prices won't budge down, just continue to creep up.

Is there a choice. Pay or give up, i don't want to give up. Just pointing out that there are loads of people who would love a ST but are priced out. I work overtime to pay for mine every year so i can justify it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up the Saints.

Great post

There are far too many in this world who are too afraid to protest even peacefully.

They live by a "don't rock the boat mantra" and they get fleeced.

Yes, as it allow long standing local fans (Like Leyton Lundekvam above) the opportunity to attend matches. That may not be the case at Liverpool which makes their stand all the better for clubs like ours where ticket prices are suddenly under the spotlight that could benefit the most.

You may be right about the most grounds sold out each week. I haven't got the stat's to hand. However I see plenty of empty seats at most grounds outside the top 6, including ours. Meanwhile we pat ourselves on the back that we have a pricing model that is "just right" we just about fill the ground up with well off middle aged people, all the while with little or no thought to those priced out, future supporters, teenagers and people in their early 20's who typically make the majority of noise inside a stadium.

I agree that essentially it is a supply/ demand thing. However as I mentioned before I could understand clubs constantly rising ticket prices if it was an essential element of said club's ability to attract and retain the best players, but with the latest TV deal that is clearly nonsense. A small gesture, like the £30 away ticket proposal (which apparently SFC supported) would be such good PR for minimal outlay. However the biggest clubs, that have long waiting lists and no desire to reward long term supporters, don't want to have away fans paying less than the cheapest home tickets. This is pure greed. No matter how anyone spins it paying £35 to watch 90 minutes of football is a complete rip off. Especially away fans where we are constantly treated like **** (facilities being shut, games being moved etc).

You are talking far too much sense. So many fans under 40 forget or never knew watching football standing on a terrace when you paid on the gate. Not saying everyone wants that in 2016 but it would be nice if the younger brigade had the option.

Personally I would never leave before the end of the game and these days I pride myself on being the last person in SMS.

Unless I have been able to help the stewards with the checking of seats, seen the goalposts being taken down and have been physically removed by security I don't feel I have given the team my full support.

Made me smile. I often leave early but never when we are losing or drawing. I just can't bear watching Saints defend a lead. My nerves got shot about a decade ago.

For me to walk out of a game:

- I would need to be a fan of a club with faded glory but a sense of entitlement.

- I would need to be the sort of fan for whom empty gestures and media attention are more important for me than results on the pitch.

The 77-minute walkout by Liverpool was just silly. What do they expect when hundreds of millions of pounds are wasted on poor players? they I can't wait to hear them b*tching when they miss out on Europe by 2 points. But of course it will be someone else's fault. Not so much Liverhampton as Portsmouth North.

The 77-minute walkout by Liverpool was just silly. What do they expect when hundreds of millions of pounds are wasted on poor players? they I can't wait to hear them b*tching when they miss out on Europe by 2 points. But of course it will be someone else's fault. Not so much Liverhampton as Portsmouth North.

So the fans have to pick up the cost for managerial failures?

Please whinging about prices (hours after coughing up 40, 50, 60, 70 whatever quid to go to a game) make me laugh. Football is a business. It's supply and demand. The only way prices will go down is if people vote with their feet and refuse to pay. The Liverpool fans that paid 77 quid and then walked out early not only ****ed their own team but also massively short changed themselves - bizarre protest.

it isnt a bizarre protest as had they not gone (and not walk out) some other tourist would probably have taken their place and stayed for the full 90 mins with their half/half scarf and big foam hand. No headlines would have been made and not a lot said about it

different at a club like saints, compared to liverpool

For me to walk out of a game:

- I would need to be a fan of a club with faded glory but a sense of entitlement.

- I would need to be the sort of fan for whom empty gestures and media attention are more important for me than results on the pitch.

And here we have it in a nutshell. Sorry to pick up on this post in particular jjsaint (any supporter of SFC is a friend of mine) but you've just summed up the problem perfectly.

We get so blinded by the tribal nature of football we fail to see the bigger picture. No matter what way you look at this, if you are a supporter of any club in the country that pays to sees games then Liverpool supporters have just done you a massive favour. Far from being an "empty gesture" they have sparked a fantastic debate (on this message board, the BBC, Talksport, Football Podcasts and every national newspaper) on the ethics of clubs increasing prices in an era when ticket prices make up a tiny proportion of overall revenue and many local (more of that in a minute) and younger fans completely priced out of watching their team regularly. It's great to see clubs being taken to task like this.

How is Liverpool supporters fault that the club (and their dubious ownership) over spent on players? Frankly, what on earth has that got to do with anything, match day income didn't pay for those players; merchandise, image rights and (most of all) broadcast revenue did. You're right, they did miss out on 2 points. And what a powerful message that sends out to boardrooms around the country (including ours) if what you are saying is correct (blaming the supporters for Mignolet letting the powderpuff in at the near post and their regular khamakaze defending) then the clubs should treat the fans better and incentivise the younger, more vocal support to attend and act as a 12th man.

I saw a graphic this morning that showed we had the 4th most expensive (both in terms of average and lowest priced) season ticket in relation to local wages (behind Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs). That may not matter to a well off middle aged couple from Andover, Winchester, Salisbury. But for a group of teenagers from Thornhill, Millbrook, Weston or anywhere else in the City the current prices completely alienate them, instead forcing them to become armchair fans. I think that stinks of short termism. If you're going to become an armchair fan that doesn't go to the games what is stopping you supporting the teams on TV the most? The club that represents your City (not just Saints, but most of the other clubs in the league) is doing nothing to get you in the doors of the stadium so you become a typical armchair fan that supports Chelsea/ United/ Liverpool etc delighting in ripping the **** out of hard up, match going Man City fans for not attending the 3rd home game in 10 days in midwinter from the comfort of aforementioned armchair.

I have little time for Liverpool FC. The way they tapped up Ricky and Lallana at England training was a complete stitch up, Brendon Rodgers was an arrogant **** and yes, their fans definitely have a victim mentality. However on this topic, as someone that pays to go to games home and away, they have my complete support.

Thanks for putting into words the basis of it.

Football clubs became businesses well before the Premier League was launched.

I've never lived anywhere near southampton but have supported them all my life and managed to turn my son into one of the most passionate saints fans you could want.

If we want to compete and continue to develop into a well run, successful, sustainable club then we need to spread our support a little further afield than an SO post code.

The fact football is tribal is part of its fabric and makes it what it is.

Teenagers and people in their 20s don't seem to struggle funding their iphones and xbox live memberships.

Whats wrong with having well fed 50 yr old fans?

Having said all that I agree there is a limit to how much clubs can morally charge.

Good luck any club raising their ticket prices this summer. I thought saints took the **** two seasons ago when they raised prices despite their income going up by £30m from that TV deal. After freezing them last summer maybe they will reduce them this?

This is a great day for the corporate fan. This should be hailed a triumph for all those upper class fans sick of being stereotyped as the prawn sandwich brigade by the traditional working class football snob. Now the richer elements of society can benefit from lower ticket prices along with the working class who had already had their tickets reduced or frozen. No longer are the rich fans being discriminated against for wanting the best seat in the stadium and being FORCED to pay more for it. Well done to everyone involved in the protest for bring the prices of premium tickets down, the rich deserve to have their ticket prices comes down as well. in your face working class football snobs.

Amusing Mathew Syed and all those dissenting from the majority view desperately trying to not accept they were wrong. FSG didn't have such pride. Name of the game these days so many want to be the hipster contrarian. Hey the masses don't know what they're on about but hey I do.