Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Of course, what would be really amusing is, having finally learned their lesson about dodgy owners, our Pompey fan friends scare off this latest buy out....only to find out afterwards they were the real McCoy...

Carlsberg don't do conundrums that confuse the hell out of ever so slightly dim football fans, but if they did...

Wel if this consortium really has lodged $20m on an escrow account ,they have to be taken seriously.

But why , if you haver that sort of money , wouldn't you buy a club that gave you better value for money ...Coventry say? Or man y others?

Has to be something dodgy in this . Would be wonderful if the mystery names turned out to be Al fahim and co, or a friend of Gaydamak

Wel if this consortium really has lodged $20m on an escrow account ,they have to be taken seriously.

But why , if you haver that sort of money , wouldn't you buy a club that gave you better value for money ...Coventry say? Or man y others?

Has to be something dodgy in this . Would be wonderful if the mystery names turned out to be Al fahim and co, or a friend of Gaydamak

Well what happened to the original 18m that BC lent the other crooks? Maybe this is that money coming back but laundered just a little bit more ??

Stranger things have happened at sea.

One for Dubai Phil to chase.

In Spain for a few days, and last night they showed the Spain v Saudi Arabia game on the box.

The game wasn't up to much but my eye was suddenly taken by the electronic pitchside advertising.

Every 15 minutes or so, up popped adverts for "Suleiman Al Fahim" I couldn't read it as I was in a bar, but it was "Suleiman Al Fahim, your XXXXx partner."

Are we talking the same Al Fahim here? What has he popped up doing now?

Remember this from a previous page? Surely not :D

[h=4]bluelagoon[/h] 6:04 PM on 09/09/2012

This is a bit of mischief. "It has been reported", as the News unfortunately puts it, but doesn't mention the personal source, which is Anil Bhoyrul (see his various tweets today).

The magazine piece is at http://www.arabianbusiness.com/mideast-investors-launch-20m-bid-for-portsmouth-472349.html - Anil Bhoyrul works for it. Who is Anil Bhoyrul? The well-known confidante of and spokesman for ... Sulaiman Al Fahim (remember him? Remember his "reporting on Al Fahim?) - Bhoyrul left Britain and went to Dubai after - well, look it up on the BBC News Channel, 20 January 2006.

It is truly amazing that the News can run this as a serious story, without telling us the full background as to where it comes from or asking what the purpose is of spreading this story now.

@AnilBhoyrul: #pompey new deal would leave club debt free and funded to 2016. Details tomoro on @ArabianBusiness

The ''funded until 2016'' bit would have the alarm bells ringing very, very loudly. It's quite clearly a dodgy concortium, no one in their right mind would take over them when there are so many other available options out there.

Another few years of fun to look forward to. It's quite cruel really, as it's sort of prolonging the suffering continuously. Who cares though, it's fun to watch.

Buckle up Nutjobs, I sense an epic week ahead.

Bol!ocks, I'm away next week in sunny Prague stick in meetings so will miss it unless I can sneak out. Early prediction that the concortium will pull out when the minus ten doesn't get overturned or the real people behind it are revealed and everyone lol!

Bol!ocks, I'm away next week in sunny Prague stick in meetings so will miss it unless I can sneak out. Early prediction that the concortium will pull out when the minus ten doesn't get overturned or the real people behind it are revealed and everyone lol!

Yes, bu99er, I'm also away. But thanks to O2 I now don't need to waste more than £2 per day getting my comedy fix.

Brilliant - links to Al Fahim and BVI companies.....

What could possibly go wrong this time - they'll have checked it all out thoroughly and made sure all the sums add up, along with evidence of the funding (to 2016!)

Skates decide to "back the bid" as it promises money and success! FL turn a blind eye to the evidence before them and pass them straight through the FPPT, not wishing to block a serious bidder and risk the wrath of 250,000 southeast dwellers.

More belly laughs for Saints fans, for several more years!

@pn_neil_allen: RT @bobbeech: The very first questions every #Pompey should ask when hearing of a proposed take over bid should be Why? What's in it for you?

Finally, this n0b jockey has learned something from the saga. If only you'd asked this question a few years, and a few owners, ago Neil...

So PES possibility of money coming in, how long before you start to change your tune.....lets start with a count down from......ermmmmm I think 10 should be enough, 9 changed it yet, 8.....

For the record I am exceeding distrusting of this. If Al Fati is involved then, I dunno. I actually have a soft spot for him, he is not a crook, just a loon. He actually put 5 mil of his own money in and lost it all. I would welcome his involvement with the trust as he DEFINATELY has an affection for Pompey, but as I said, he is a loon. He stood with the fans at one of the away games the year after his involvement and got dogs abuse, but I can't help but think he's just an idiot, but not a crook. Or put it this way, not a crook involved with Chainrai.

My stance is still that I desperately want the trust to take over, but birch will be bound to accept the best bid for the creditors. Good people have put in so much good work for the trust and to my mind, the trust is the most exciting prospect. I won't boycott the club unless Chainrai gets involved again. Chainrai is a guaranteed slow death for the club, so you should all be routing for Portpin.

Good investment how? Remove cliched fan bullsh1t and what tangible reason could they possibly be a good investment?

Black hole for finance, associated with dodgy dealings, awful credit rating, no respect left in football, no infrastructure, awful stadium, no training ground, players on month long contracts and a 10 point deduction on the way.

The only 'asset' seems to be the intangible and bizarre 'rules don't apply' schtick they have going.

It is in fact such a bad investment that it wouldn't even appeal to money launderers.

I reckon a few potless loons have been tempted by the low price quoted for the land by the Trust.

Let's see how keen they are when the numbers are crunched...

There must be fifty better club investments in the FL - unless of course you don't mind losing a bit, as long as the stuff you do get back is clean.

Makes no business sense - again!

Should be a few laughs this week.

For the record I am exceeding distrusting of this. If Al Fati is involved then, I dunno. I actually have a soft spot for him, he is not a crook, just a loon. He actually put 5 mil of his own money in and lost it all. I would welcome his involvement with the trust as he DEFINATELY has an affection for Pompey, but as I said, he is a loon. He stood with the fans at one of the away games the year after his involvement and got dogs abuse, but I can't help but think he's just an idiot, but not a crook. Or put it this way, not a crook involved with Chainrai.

My stance is still that I desperately want the trust to take over, but birch will be bound to accept the best bid for the creditors. Good people have put in so much good work for the trust and to my mind, the trust is the most exciting prospect. I won't boycott the club unless Chainrai gets involved again. Chainrai is a guaranteed slow death for the club, so you should all be routing for Portpin.

Portpin have probably loaned this latest lot the money anyway. So you lot are probably somewhere between a rock and a reef, floundering for help.

Oh dear! Your dream was that your club would be owned by you, the fans. It looks as if it isn't to be and instead the game goes round and round and you might be getting one of the past owners back. So let's see for a bit of fun if we can predict the one after next. So it was Fahim the penniless sheik, then the invisible sheik, then the Hong Kong loan shark, then the Russian mafia, then the Hong Kong loan shark again. It's apparently soon to be the penniless sheik once more, so will it be the invisible sheik, Al Mirage, after him?

Perhaps it will be different this time. Who knows, maybe the penniless sheik is hoping to cobble a consortium deal together comprising him, the property developer and the Trust.

This thread will undoubtedly have many more hundreds of pages added if this goes ahead, but don't worry PES; on the distant horizon I can see a situation whereby your ambition of following a club run by the fans comes to fruition. But regrettably it will have to be preceded by the liquidation of the current incarnation of the club.

Good investment how? Remove cliched fan bullsh1t and what tangible reason could they possibly be a good investment?

Black hole for finance, associated with dodgy dealings, awful credit rating, no respect left in football, no infrastructure, awful stadium, no training ground, players on month long contracts and a 10 point deduction on the way.

The only 'asset' seems to be the intangible and bizarre 'rules don't apply' schtick they have going.

No, it must be the bestest fans™ in the world. Either that, or someone is eyeing the remaining parachute money.

Appleton added: "People realise that in the past if you got a move to Portsmouth you'd come and it was a little bit of a pay day, you got a few quid in your pocket. Those days are well gone. I said to the players: 'We're all playing for our careers, we're all playing for our futures' – everyone, me included. We've been put together under circumstances that shouldn't happen at this level of football. But they've got an opportunity and they understand that."

That's a really good use of motivational skills if you ask me.

That's a really good use of motivational skills if you ask me.

True.

I don't dislike Appy, I think he's probably more outraged than us nutjobs at how this farce is being allowed to run (in his case, more about what he's been given to run). I know he was the one who decided to take the job, but I think it was a quite clever move for him. He's not the one with the timed bomb in his hands, and running a crisis-stricken club with mild success could actually prove to be a great opportunity window for his future career.

As for Uncle Trev, explosion has never been so close. And it will harm him.

I have to say like others. I do not understand why anybody with "honest intentions" would buy them for $20m, considering the additional investment they would have to make in infrastructure,mthe team, etc. Didn't Green buy Rangers for something like $9m. For that he gets Ibrox, a state of the art training facility, a decent squad for the league they play in, and 50,000 supporters that turn up to watch home games in scottish League 3 against the likes of The likes of the mighty East Stirling

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})