New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

What is the point of posts that say "I know but I'm not telling"? If you know and you've been asked to keep quiet why don't you just do that? It's very irritating.

BTW, I know but I'm not telling.

You'll all be saying I'm right come wednesday.

Why would repeating a rumour derail the appointment of a manager? This is a forum for discussing rumour and opinions - if you claim to know just post it

All this "I know but can't say" stuff is ****** - if you can't say then say nothing at all.

TBF, I don't know anything.

Other than what's in the PMs.

Have to say, I'm not sure how good Martin O'Neil would be, there were stories of player unrest at Aston Villa and after he left wasn't there stories that the players all cheered.

Probably cos O Neil is strict, disciplined & pulls no punches. I like Martin O Neil a lot. Very clever bloke. Modern day footballers didn't like it cos they probably had to work a little bit harder than Anthony Mc Numpty at Club X up the road for the thousands/wk pay cheque. Or the brutal truth was too much for some of their fragile football egos after being told they were the best in their team throughout their childhood!

Managering top level clubs is a tough, tough, highly pressured job. O Neil did a fine job at Villa & deserves credit. It's all too easy to criticise but he is a class above IMHO. Sometimes, the face just doesn't, whether with the fans but more importantly , with the chairman. Being Saints fans, we should know that better than most!!

This potential manager must have the wow factor as all those ITK are creaming themselves.

With that in mind it has to be someone outrageous like:

Keegan and Shearer dream machine

David Beckham Player manager

Maradona

Eric Cantona

Keegan and LeTissier dream machine

The Pope

George Bush junior

Eddie The Eagle

Have I nailed it?

It is a frustrating time for all of us, I am sure. We will all find out very soon. I know how it feels guys - utterly frustrating, but hang in there and you won't be disappointed.

You're having a field day on the main forum aren't you.

But I miss you over in the arts forum; I hope you will come back into the fold soon once the new manager has been appointed.

PS> Thanks for the PM. Wow!

I vote for Duncan Holley.......

A lot of history with this man..

A plane talking kind of guy who knows when to wing it..

Will operate at full throttle even though he has his head in the clouds at times.

Knowledgeable...allegedly? Particularly all around Europe..

Very good looking.....So derry tells me...Having met him I do not believe a word derry says..

Good strike rate in his time....

Has been able to listen and work with some good CEOs in his day....Well most were good to FF..

Downside..

This will never get off the ground but the players would have extraordinary high wages and would have world class perks

and only train when they wanted to..

FF for boss..

WIF Duncs..

I think that of the contenders only MoN would seriously wow the majority on here - any other candidate would be lucky to wow more than 30% of the supporters

You're only saying that because you don't know who it is. All I'm saying is that he's based in Austria and has a knowledge of the game that is second to none.

I think anyone who mentions Martin O ****ing Neil should be put on a thread of shame and endlessly mocked as having no knowledge of football.

Some who has just left Villa, and is being touted around to take over from Ferguson at Man U is not going to drop down to the 3rd tier.

I think anyone who mentions Martin O ****ing Neil should be put on a thread of shame and endlessly mocked as having no knowledge of football.

Some who has just left Villa, and is being touted around to take over from Ferguson at Man U is not going to drop down to the 3rd tier.

to be fair, Ferguson will be at UTD until he is 85 lol

You're only saying that because you don't know who it is. All I'm saying is that he's based in Austria and has a knowledge of the game that is second to none.

Totally agree...That is where my money is going.....

Sorry forgot...WOW, WOW ,WOW

or Bow Wow Wow

Edited by ottery st mary
forgot the Wow

I think if there were message boards in the days when we signed KK, many would have said the same thing. My head says no way, but money talks!

Perhaps all the In The Knowers could just say when 'Super Manager' is going to be appointed so that stop my OCD of going between here and the OS and also save me the trouble of flicking through pages and pages and pages of posts that actually give me no clue.

Saints are **** and my Sunday morning team lost 2-1 to a last seconds goal to our most bitter rivals and all that after pummelling for most of the game and missing chance after chance....sound familiar?

I could do with some 'football' cheering up.

Swindon being bottom of the table kept a lot of stick away from me this morning although I, personally, was still held accountable for the 'no-programmes' on Tuesday night, the sacking of Alan Pardew and Saints defence - oh and the Swindon supporters all say it is Alan Shearer who is going to be the next Saints manager. They know as much as I do so it is as accurate.