New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

For my sins, just been looking on one of the Bournemouth message boards, and it seems that O'Driscoll's family still live in Verwood.

Not a yes man as such, but he's a pretty pragmatic guy and isn't the type to spit his dummy out of the pram. Really dull to listen to though. I think he works better with young up and coming players than "name" players, who we have signed a fair few of relative to our current league status.

That'd be good, although half the goons on here will no doubt question his management pedigree as his record is comparable to Zola, who hasn't got the right pedigree for some.

Zola would be preferable to Pearce, who like Platt, Bryan Robson etc continue to live on their playing reputations. Zola can also string a more coherent sentence together in English which always seems beyond Stuart Pearce.

Zola would be preferable to Pearce, who like Platt, Bryan Robson etc continue to live on their playing reputations. Zola can also string a more coherent sentence together in English which always seems beyond Stuart Pearce.

Robson, Platt and Pearce are hardly comparable. Pearce a couple of decent seasons at City and then relative success with England U21's, Platt has done nothing of note at all in management and Robson, although having a decent start, has never really cut it as a manager. A promtion in his first season a couple of cup final defeats but also a couple of relegations. I'd be happy with Pearce.

I dont see what the big problem is with Zola. Why do you fear it's him?

lack of experience at this level would be up there. Hardly covered himself in glory at his one and only managerial job so far. It's all been said already.

And I'm not interested in Poyet anymore. We should go homegrown. Who? I don't know. I've had no interest in the teams or management of any one of the sides we've played over the past few years. Just want us back where we belong.

Honestly speaking, I think that NC is going up to someone with a big name in football. No disrespects to Tisdale or Zola, but I doubt he would choose them. Even though Zola is Italian it does not guarantee his close relationships with Nicola.

As for me - Capello invitation is utter ********. O'Neill is a possibility, especially with Nicola's ambitions for success. Who else? It wont be an nglishman. It may really be Houllier, Leonardo, Santini or Eriksson. I guess it will be a proven manager who is capable of making a combative team with the high future achievements.

Honestly speaking, I think that NC is going up to someone with a big name in football. No disrespects to Tisdale or Zola, but I doubt he would choose them. Even though Zola is Italian it does not guarantee his close relationships with Nicola.

As for me - Capello invitation is utter ********. O'Neill is a possibility, especially with Nicola's ambitions for success. Who else? It wont be an nglishman. It may really be Houllier, Leonardo, Santini or Eriksson. I guess it will be a proven manager who is capable of making a combative team with the high future achievements.

You haven't been snorting Diego's talcum powder have you?

hope its sven goran errikson myself hes got a great track record with nearly all his club teams.

england only lost in big competitions on penaltys. he done nearly as well at man city compared to how there doing even being the richest club in the country plus he got lower league experience from notts county

sven totally fits the bill for me

A lot of people have been harping on about Dean Wilkins and assuming that he gets on well with Zola, but I would imagine that Dean Wilkins also gets on rather well with Ray Wilkins.

Who if memory serves, played with some distinction for a club in Serie A who Cortese himself was linked with some months back. And who also strikes me as being the type of yes-man who Cortese would be happy to accommodate.

Robson, Platt and Pearce are hardly comparable. Pearce a couple of decent seasons at City and then relative success with England U21's, Platt has done nothing of note at all in management and Robson, although having a decent start, has never really cut it as a manager. A promtion in his first season a couple of cup final defeats but also a couple of relegations. I'd be happy with Pearce.

When were these decent seasons at City then? They were absolutely dreadful under him and lurched towards relegation - I think they went more than half a season without a home win in his last season. Pearce as a manager is very comparable to Bryan Robson and David Platt. Bloody awful. Pearce would be a shocking appointment.

When were these decent seasons at City then? They were absolutely dreadful under him and lurched towards relegation - I think they went more than half a season without a home win in his last season. Pearce as a manager is very comparable to Bryan Robson and David Platt. Bloody awful. Pearce would be a shocking appointment.

Behave yourself Pal, 15th and although struggled weren't relegated weren't, unlike Robson. Man City were just another club in those days, not got the billions like they have now. Acheived relative success, a final defeat, with England under 21's and has been talked about as a possible future England manager. A shocking appointment? Some of you lot need to remember what divison we are in.

Behave yourself Pal, 15th and although struggled weren't relegated weren't, unlike Robson. Man City were just another club in those days, not got the billions like they have now. Acheived relative success, a final defeat, with England under 21's and has been talked about as a possible future England manager. A shocking appointment? Some of you lot need to remember what divison we are in.

I'll go with CB Fry on this. Pearce is a serial non-achiever as per Robson, and Platt who incidentally were also talked of as future England managers.

I'll go with CB Fry on this. Pearce is a serial non-achiever as per Robson, and Platt who incidentally were also talked of as future England managers.

so taking England U21's to the European Cup final is serial under achieving is it? Robson has failed with 4 clubs, Platt has done nothing with all of his. Pearce has been successful (by England standards) at U21 level and reasonable with what was at the time an average PL side. Hardly in the same league as Robson who has three relegations with 4 clubs on his CV. Pearce has PL and international experience albeit at U21 level, isn't our focus on youth developemnt? He do a good job in L1, If you think he'd be a shocking apointment you are mental.

I've just had a look on reliable old Wiki for some more info on Pearce, and I was reminded that under Pearce City scored 10 goals at home all season in his second woeful season there, and not a single goal at home after new years day. So much for his fire and passion and all that other guff that gets attributed to him.

City weren't billionaires but they had comparable resources to Wigan, Charlton, Fulham, Bolton , Blackburn and West Ham who all finished above them.

I remember what division we are in. League One. Stuart Pearce has never managed at this level, and has had zero success at club level for any club he has worked for.

It's not about "we're too big for Pearce" as you seem to be implying. Stuart Pearce is simply not very good at club management and we could do a hell of a lot better.

I've just had a look on reliable old Wiki for some more info on Pearce, and I was reminded that under Pearce City scored 10 goals at home all season in his second woeful season there, and not a single goal at home after new years day. So much for his fire and passion and all that other guff that gets attributed to him.

City weren't billionaires but they had comparable resources to Wigan, Charlton, Fulham, Bolton , Blackburn and West Ham who all finished above them.

I remember what division we are in. League One. Stuart Pearce has never managed at this level, and has had zero success at club level for any club he has worked for.

It's not about "we're too big for Pearce" as you seem to be implying. Stuart Pearce is simply not very good at club management and we could do a hell of a lot better.

Such as?

He has had TWO seasons at club management, not done brilliantly but then neither did a certain Mr Strachan in his first management job. I think he would be a decent shout two divison below PL. The more i think about it, the more i'd like Paul Jewell.

Such as?

He has had TWO seasons at club management, not done brilliantly but then neither did a certain Mr Strachan in his first management job. I think he would be a decent shout two divison below PL. The more i think about it, the more i'd like Paul Jewell.

Jewell is a serial bottler IMO. As soon as things get tough he legs it.

Unlikely to happen I know, but I think that Gus Poyet could tick a lot of boxes from NC's point of view. I have also heard that he said that if he were managing Southampton he wouldn't take his salary if we were not promoted. He was not angling for the job - more commenting on the circumstances.

Hes done well for Torquay, but if were going to go for a lower leagues manager I'd be happier with someone who has succeeded at at least two diffrent clubs.

Yeah that would be a better option as well as Buckle has done you can't put a price on experience. O'Driscoll would be another interesting choice i think as well.

Unlikely to happen I know, but I think that Gus Poyet could tick a lot of boxes from NC's point of view. I have also heard that he said that if he were managing Southampton he wouldn't take his salary if we were not promoted.

I'd take Poyet, but hes just signed a new three year contract in June, is starting to get a decent budget for players and Brighton have a new stadium coming on stream next season. Good time to be involved with them - I doubt he'd leave.