New Home Shirt - do you like it?

stevegrant

Your opinion on the new home shirt...  

900 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new home shirt...

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

I want stripes. I also love the British sense of traditionalism being displayed by the poll result and the messageboard in the round.

Can't help but hate myself therefore for saying this... but its growing on me.

Flipping change...!

BUT still want stripes. Wouldve been so much cooler.

can you change a kit mid season?

or do you have to register it with the PL and then thats it.

hate it even more after seeing that squad pic.

It is utter dross, appalling design, the same basic shirt as two other UK teams, with terrible mismatched design ideas all over the place and is without question the single worst "Saints shirt" ever. Even the bits it does have look terribly tacky, the gold is SO naff and fails to show any of the elements in that colour properly as well - it would have looked about 20% better just using white for the badge, logo and sponsors. The home shirt is by far the worst design of any of the pieces of training kit or the away kit that have emerged so far, it is truly terrible.

It doesn't have to be registered with the PL until about 3 weeks before the season starts... but hey, we're selling it.

Which is more than you can say for the training kit and away kit...

Whoever said the socks are the best bit is absolutely right, and Stoke are selling identical ones a quid cheaper.

Edited by The9

Ignoring the Hull away kit...

HullCity3.pngWestBrom2.png

Adidas had clearly set aside the style above for us in red and white, because Stoke and Sunderland have got pretty rubbish stripe templates.StokeCity1.pngSunderland2.png

Edited by The9

Would have rather have had Sunderland's or Stoke instead of our shocker.

Well yeah, but from a design perspective I actually prefer our home template (or our away template like Estudiantes' shirt) but with stripes. The only single good thing about us not having stripes is that the badge isn't weirdly low down near the sponsor, like it is on all of the other shirts.

I've now seen 3 of them in the wild, in 2 weeks. Have to laugh, I note they haven't tried to claim it's a best seller this season. :rolleyes:

Do we normally release the training kit earlier than this, or are they scared it might outsell the home kit...the West Quay shop is wall to wall home kit...but empty when I walk past most lunchtimes...

We're normally pretty incompetent at this stuff in comparison to pretty much everyone, but I'm fairly certain that the last-minute sponsor change is the reason why only the home kit is currently in the shops - and we're almost certainly the only Prem club in adidas kit not already selling training shirts - though there are 9 adidas teams in the Prem this season and I can't say I've checked them all...

Turnbulls boots are red and white, I have always thought it strange that players have to wear the kit, but not the same boots. I think it would look proper smart to have the team go out all in the same boots too. White with White laces or something. I know players get sponsored but if would look good.

...well, I say that... I have now. I may as well show the prices of stuff too (Short Sleeve Shirt, Long Sleeve Shirt, Shorts, Socks)

Saints Home £50 (£??), £25, £10 (LS Home, Away, Training kit not available yet)

Chelsea Home and Away £50 (£55), £20, £12. Training kit on sale.

Fulham Home £50 (£55), £25, £12. Away kit not unveiled yet. Training kit on sale.

Hull Home and Away £40 (£43), £19, £8. Training kit not available yet - last season's on sale. They also do a Full Home kit for £60 in Adult sizes.

Stoke Home and Away, £45 (£50), £22, £9 Training kit on sale.

Swansea Home [Pre-order, available this week] and Away £45 (£??), £20, £12. Training kit on sale.

West Brom Home and Away £45 (£??), £25, £12. Training kit not available yet - last season's on sale.

West Ham Home £50 (£55), £20, £12 - away same prices but on pre-sale. Training kit on sale.

So we've got the most expensive shirts (you can buy a full Hull home kit for £5 more than the likely price of a long-sleeved Saints home), the most expensive shorts, the third cheapest socks (but still more expensive than identical socks in the Stoke shop), and we're one of 3 teams who don't have 13/14 training kit on sale, and the only ones who aren't selling ANY training kit, as well as being the only team alongside Fulham who haven't started selling a second shirt yet.

Useless.

Edited by The9

Turnbulls boots are red and white, I have always thought it strange that players have to wear the kit, but not the same boots. I think it would look proper smart to have the team go out all in the same boots too. White with White laces or something. I know players get sponsored but if would look good.

How about black ? They could all wear black boots. That would be MENTAL !

Well yeah, but from a design perspective I actually prefer our home template (or our away template like Estudiantes' shirt) but with stripes. The only single good thing about us not having stripes is that the badge isn't weirdly low down near the sponsor, like it is on all of the other shirts.

I've now seen 3 of them in the wild, in 2 weeks. Have to laugh, I note they haven't tried to claim it's a best seller this season. :rolleyes:

I went shopping in town last Saturday, through West Quay and the precinct. I must have been there for at least an hour and I didn't see one Saints shirt being worn; not one. After the first day of PR banging the sales drum it would seem as if they've since nose dived. Compare that to the sash shirt which was seemingly everywhere in the first few days. Failure all round really.

I went shopping in town last Saturday, through West Quay and the precinct. I must have been there for at least an hour and I didn't see one Saints shirt being worn; not one. After the first day of PR banging the sales drum it would seem as if they've since nose dived. Compare that to the sash shirt which was seemingly everywhere in the first few days. Failure all round really.

I've seen a few around but no more than I've seen people still wearing previous seasons shirts... I'm sure (I hope) that someone has taken note of this and we'll have a much better attempt next year...

I spent the best part of the past few weeks in Eastleigh/Southampton. Only saw about 4 new kits being worn in all that time. None of my friends and relatives who usually buy the new kit as soon as it goes on sale have bought it.

I have to say I was unsure of the home kit but after seeing the recent photo's I have to say I really don't like it at all. I don't have a problem it not being strips infact I prefer non stripes. But It is just the wrong colour (or the contrast on my monitor is too high).

Hopefully that's because people are realising that you look like a pikey knob when strolling around town in a football shirt. I doubt it though.

That is our only hope for next season - this years sales figure make Cortese think again. As I have said time and time again, this is such an easy thing to get RIGHT, it's astounding they've made such a pigs ear of it. But then we're up against the Don's ego, and obsessive desire to turn us into the Swiss national team.

That's a new one on me - nothing wrong with wearing a sports shirt at any time. I tend to agree out for a night out looks a bit wrong - but on a hot summers day nothing wrong with it!

It just looks all wrong to me - red and gold look sh*te!

Everything about the sleeve white bits looks all out of proportion!

Fortunately you don't have to buy one to be a Saints fan - I'll probably start digging out some old shirts from yesteryear...probably with stripe! :-)

It still beggars belief that people actually go out and pay £40 - £50 for a sports shirt. But what really rankles amongst all of this is the complete lack of communication from the club as to why. As someone pointed out on twitter, just what is the point of Jordan Sibley. It seems there are no releases from the club and a team of first year media students could knock out the instagram posts and video blogs

Saw the new shirts in the flesh for the first time today. Just confirmed my thoughts. Home is rubbish. To me, it just isn't a "Saints" top. Away shirt not bad actually. Probably buy a retro shirt when the ST discount kicks in though.

jghzdk.jpg

Utterly utterly abysmal, looks every bit as gross in the flesh as it does in the box. Looks like a park kit a Sunday pub team would order out of a catalogue (which in fact is exactly what it is).

Foul shade of red, the gold print is laughably naff (presumably the names and numbers are gold too? and won't be visible from more than about 10 yards away). WTF are the white water wings in aid of? Why are they cut in with red below them? White sleeves would have been better. The collar is a mess. Black shorts might have redeemed it by a small amount. I don't even like the socks - been better with just the 'three stripes' at the top and a plain red leg, or my personal pref would be for plain red with just one band (or three little bands) round the shin. The whole package is just over-designed and by the looks of the fit and the comments we've seen, under-engineered and lacking in quality.

The whole package just looks cheap and tacky, looks like it was designed by a 7 yr old using Paint. £50 for that shirt, they're 'aving a larf!

First home kit I haven't bought, and I have had all of the others, going back to admiral 75-76. Can't get used to the gold tat on red. Seems like a Charlton shirt. I think the club thought we would all flock to buy an adidas kit, so didn't really try with the design. Will wear the striped shirt from the promotion season at games this season.

Gold is a naff colour anyway. It looks so tacky - the home shirt would be a tad better had we used the away kits silver. Bring back our colourful badge, bring in a shirt sponsor that has a colour associated with is (like Coca Cola, we might get red and white then!) and get rid of Adidas that clone one shirt from another.

Last year's kit grew on me. This won't. Not that it really matters, it won't ruin my season. It's just one fewer Christmas present I'll get from the wife!

Utterly utterly abysmal, looks every bit as gross in the flesh as it does in the box. Looks like a park kit a Sunday pub team would order out of a catalogue (which in fact is exactly what it is).

Foul shade of red, the gold print is laughably naff (presumably the names and numbers are gold too? and won't be visible from more than about 10 yards away). WTF are the white water wings in aid of? Why are they cut in with red below them? White sleeves would have been better. The collar is a mess. Black shorts might have redeemed it by a small amount. I don't even like the socks - been better with just the 'three stripes' at the top and a plain red leg, or my personal pref would be for plain red with just one band (or three little bands) round the shin. The whole package is just over-designed and by the looks of the fit and the comments we've seen, under-engineered and lacking in quality.

The whole package just looks cheap and tacky, looks like it was designed by a 7 yr old using Paint. £50 for that shirt, they're 'aving a larf!

Numbers are white in the pre-season photos.

I have to say seeing the Training, or Travelling Kit, Polo shirt in Black and White on Wednesday night, it is very smart, and given the choice would be my option this season.

But once again the White and Black training kit is a complete cock up as the Club Badge is just about invisible, however if they'd used the proper red and white crest it would be fine.

Who's to blame SFC or Adidas?

But once again the White and Black training kit is a complete cock up as the Club Badge is just about invisible, however if they'd used the proper red and white crest it would be fine.

Who's to blame SFC or Adidas?

Most of the training kit has contrast colours, but some of the polo style shirts have "same colour" badges. I actually like pretty much all of the training kit, blended badge or not. I'm ok with the away shirt too, but the home shirt (it does have white names and numbers, one minor redeeming feature) is just all kinds of wrong every single time I see it.

Watching Norway v Denmark in the women's football, and can't help thinking the red Adidas Denmark shirt with the black piping would have pleased most of the people most of the time. Combined with black shorts it would have been a good kit for Saints.

Missed opportunity by the SFC sartorial junta...

Watching Norway v Denmark in the women's football, and can't help thinking the red Adidas Denmark shirt with the black piping would have pleased most of the people most of the time. Combined with black shorts it would have been a good kit for Saints.

Missed opportunity by the SFC sartorial junta...

great minds and that, I just came in to say the same thing.

The Denmark kit is by no means perfect, but is still a billion times better than our abortion.