West Ham build up

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

We simply HAVE to win....only because I have a West Ham supporting "mate" that has been giving me grief all bloody summer about our problems. After everything he has said, about how shiiiite our team is etc etc, it would be highly gratifying to get 3 points off them.

I also hate Fat Sam, their fans, their stadium, their players, their playing style and the stupid notion that they have "The Academy".

But, more importantly, they are all a bunch of w4nker5.

Good friend is he?

I have got The Fear about the idea of Yoshida against West Hoof, even if they have been apparently trying to play proper football so far. Long should start as he was industrious and creative on Tuesday, and Pelle's not getting dropped unless we sign another striker, so Tadic on the other wing and Davis in the hole in front of the Wanyama/Schneiderlin pairing which we didn't need last week but definitely will this. Keeper and defence pick themselves unless Gardos is preferred to Yoshida.

Gaston on the bench to come on if we're not creating enough, we can always chuck Taider on as well for Wanyama if we're too defensive, he at least worked hard, looked confident and shifted the ball quickly to teammates in the 15 minutes I have seen. Though I dare say others will want to see Cork for similar reasons, and I guess it does make sense to use our more "industrial" players with some English football experience for this particular match.

I can see Bertrand getting sent off for some reason, and pretty sure we're going to lose to them again, but it'll be another couple of years before I'd trade it for the point we got in the Championship. :)

Not creative enough without Davis for me. And when he's your central creativity... that's still not enough creativity.

I don't think we would miss his creatively that much and if we are going to be playing JWP, may as well be out right for him to get some decent crosses in.

Still tickets on sale accordng to the club twitter and ticket sales available on the day, suggests there is qute a bit of availability still.

perhaps we sold the intitial allocation, took the rest but are now well short of selling those ? we took the bigger allocation there last season.

perhaps we sold the intitial allocation, took the rest but are now well short of selling those ? we took the bigger allocation there last season.
I was sad enough to check on the West Ham ticketing website and they are selling the "extra allocation" blocks to their own fans.

I was sad enough to check on the West Ham ticketing website and they are selling the "extra allocation" blocks to their own fans.

surprising, for them to be offering pay on the day we must be a fair way short of selling the 1800 , for a Saturday 3pm game in London , can't imagine Saints will bother taking the bigger allocations for any games this season on that basis then.

I don't think we would miss his creatively that much and if we are going to be playing JWP, may as well be out right for him to get some decent crosses in.

We've done pretty much nothing from "decent crosses" against Premier League defences so far, and I suspect West Ham's centre backs are more adept than most at clearing balls into the box. We need some subtlety as well.

Not sure, Tadic aside, that we have much anymore.

I think this is where Gaston can come into his own, probably not as early as Saturday, but in Koeman he has actually come out and acknowledged what a talented player he is.....and going back to his first year here, he wasn't ''all'' bad when Adkins used him correctly and the youtube highlight videos of our season are quite telling, as he was involved a hell of a lot in the first half.

For whatever reason, MP isolated him for almost 18 months and didn't use him at all. If Koeman can get Gaston performing at the level he did in the Villa game 2/3 years ago....then we will no longer have any issues with subtlety in attack!

We never seem to do well there. Last season they had 4 shots of note and scored 3, whilst we dominated and spurned chance after chance. Have a bad feeling about this game, 2-0 West Ham

I read a lot of comments like this, and genuinely am puzzled as to the logic behind them. Is there something in the air at Upton Park that makes it more like that the home side scores a higher % of their shots? Or that makes us more likely to spurn chance after chance? Isn't another possibility that luck plays a big role in football? Personally, based on the evidence cited above (which is indeed what happened), I'd say we were the better team last year. The better team often loses. But it wins more often than it loses. Past history on a particular ground really means very little. It's just statistical noise. The current state of both teams is far more relevant. WH seem a little better this year than last but now have injury problems. We're a little Jeckyll and Hyde, but the Jeckyll Saints show signs of being pretty wonderful. I think 1-1, or 2-1 Saints are more likely scores!

No surprise at £45 a pop to go to that hole.

Plus the cost of a programme, travel and any refreshments. The Premier League is pricing itself out of the market.

Unfortunately they don't really care , as they make all the real money from TV, and the fans are effectively just 'atmosphere' for theRV audience.

Plus the cost of a programme, travel and any refreshments. The Premier League is pricing itself out of the market.

Unfortunately they don't really care , as they make all the real money from TV, and the fans are effectively just 'atmosphere' for theRV audience.

No, that's the problem, in general the Premier League isn't pricing itself out of any market, tickets are still selling well in most places and for more than £40, prices aren't going to be dropping any time soon.

4-3-3

forster

Clyne fonte yoshida bertrand

Cork schneiderlin wanyam

Long pelle tadic

Long and tadic as wingers who can drop into a 4321 if necessary or a 4231 with schneiderlin going forward into the attacking 3 or even a 442 with long up along pelle. Means we can quickly adapt to what theyre playing. Would love to get a glimpse of gardos

Not sure, Tadic aside, that we have much anymore.

I think Long has the ability to beat players and play a killer pass, Gaston could but never seems to, Davis has a decent if unspectacular through ball, and Schneiderlin has that subtlety too, albeit a long time since he's regularly been in a position to be creative. Even Cork has a decent "slip" pass in tight areas - Tadic obviously has shown ability above and beyond already. Not many others though. Harrison Reed?

Got tickets from the stadium earlier today, definitely haven't sold out allocation. Any good pubs near Upton Park?

Best to drink in London and get the Tube nearer kick-off but there's a few pubs down the Barking Road (the right side of Upton Park for away fans about a 10 min(ish) walk to ground) that will have Saints fans in. Plenty of places around to grab some nosh too.

I think Long has the ability to beat players and play a killer pass, Gaston could but never seems to, Davis has a decent if unspectacular through ball, and Schneiderlin has that subtlety too, albeit a long time since he's regularly been in a position to be creative. Even Cork has a decent "slip" pass in tight areas - Tadic obviously has shown ability above and beyond already. Not many others though. Harrison Reed?

You are talking about Shane Long, right?

Club website still listing them as on general sale.

Pretty pathetic if we can't sell out the initial allocation for a London away game.

our support has never been huge of course, but London games usually sell out quickly. This therefore just shows how fed up fans are of being overcharged. Maybe clubs like West Ham will take the hint. Probably not though.

Best to drink in London and get the Tube nearer kick-off but there's a few pubs down the Barking Road (the right side of Upton Park for away fans about a 10 min(ish) walk to ground) that will have Saints fans in. Plenty of places around to grab some nosh too.

Brilliant, cheers for that

The clubs do care, but most are still selling out regularly at £40+, so no need to drop prices.

West Ham is doing kids for a quid. The rest of us are subsidising it. Throughout last season West Ham were advertising in the Standard newspaper tickets for home games. It will be interesting to see what happens when they move to the bigger stadium.

West Ham is doing kids for a quid. The rest of us are subsidising it. Throughout last season West Ham were advertising in the Standard newspaper tickets for home games. It will be interesting to see what happens when they move to the bigger stadium.

Their ticket pricing last year was a farce. One of the most expensive away games I've been on.

Was in the Evening Standard yesterday too. True story.